Still kinda mad about DC players.....

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By John1912

I kinda wish there was a GG response to matches. I tend to drink when I play, so I am ranked all over...I have been ranked as high as 2k LP, and as you imagine when you drink and play, Ive fallen as low as like 968 LP recently. So Im working my way back up, and just won to a 2800 LP ken, not even my highest win. But it was a really good game. I wanted to send this guy a GG! And... He DC'ed after losing the 3rd match....Full 9 rounds I think...

It doesnt happen alot, but fuck. Its just the respect involved. Even when I know I will lose, or dont want to do a match, I go for the 2nd-3rd matches. Especially if its a character I dont know well. Usually doenst help me much FYI. But I do it to be a better player.

This topic is old and done before, but if you are reading this, have some respect for the fight. That is most important. Learn, get better! The best games are the ones where you want to tell the other player "Man! GOOD FUCKING MATCH!" Even if you lost.

Also seriously? Can you send a text to other players in SFV? Im on PC/Steam. Is there cross talk on PS4/Steam? I havent seen in game stuff for that.

*Edit PS I would like some sparring partners. GT LeftHandogGawd on steam

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zella

Don't think there is any in game method for communication, outside of the pre-set messages in the Battle Lounges. On PS4 the only way I have found is if it is another PS4 user you can find their PSN Id in their CFN profile page, and then use that to message them via PSN. Steam I have to imagine is much harder given the variability in user name.

If you are looking for people to play with then I would like to first mention GB's FGC/Fighting Games thread, Fighting Games General EX Plus α. Where a lot of us fellow bombers who like fighting games, SFV is the most popular right now, often discuss current happenings in the games and tournament scenes. We also often have Battle Lounges set up, with a Quakenet Chat so we can all communicate easily, that will run for a few hours. Players of all different skill levels, have a few pretty dominant Golds, some Silvers, Bronzes and even a Rookie or two. Don't think any of us have made it to Platinum yet.

There is also the GB Steam/PSN Group for fighting games, the PS4 Group name is Keep Fighting and Nobody Explodes and I believe the Steam Group name is the same.