Seen any gameplay? Think this will be good?

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Basm321

I have not been able to find any "new" gameplay of this since e3. Styx releases in about a week and I loooove stealth games. But I know very little about the developers and cannot find any long form uncut gameplay.

I will probably buy it to know for myself... Like with the recent thief... But I would like to get other peoples opinions/expectations so I can temper my own.

Does anyone know much about the developers? Does anyone have high expectations for this game?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earlier from this month.

Loading Video...

I don't think anyone has any real expectations towards it and are maybe just hoping it'll turn-out to be awesome (like Shadow of Mordor as the most recent example) out of the blue. Personally I'm hoping the dialog and voice actors aren't as terrible as in Of Orcs and Men.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't play Of Orcs and Men (quick look here), which Styx: Master of Shadows is, I think, a prequel to. I hope it will be good, as I too love me some stealth games.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@glottery: I think this looks cool. Not having my mindblown in any way but the traversal seems pretty flexible, could be a solid release.

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By djames216

I'm currently watching the below video while writing this post. I'm a big fan of Thief: The Dark Project and Thief 2 The Metal Age. The Youtuber doing the below Let's Play is also a big fan of the early Thief Games. He's done full let's plays of Thief: The Dark Project, Thief 2: The Metal Age and System Shock 2. He was also unimpressed with the new Thief game and briefly alludes to that in this video. Anyway, hopefully you may find this video useful in getting a better impression of the game. I hadn't heard of this game at all until I saw this video pop up in my subscription feed.

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It looks like a game that won't set the world on fire but might be competent in what it tries to accomplish.