• 64 results
#1 Edited by xyzygy (9894 posts) -

There is an official website that just went up about a brand name of energy drink called OverCharged. Seeing as this is the first real info we have about the game, I'm going to go ahead and guess that the ingredients used in the drink were what led to people becoming mutated in the game.

If you're eagerly waiting for any news about this game like me, it's really nice to finally get something. Although I do expect it to be delayed until 2015.

OverCharged!

It's actually kind of a neat site. And it gives us intros to who will obviously be characters in the game.

#2 Edited by TheHT (10890 posts) -

They gotta be showin this off at E3. That teaser was one of the highlights of the One reveal or the E3 presser, whatever the hell it's from, but damn I wanna see how it'll actually play.

#3 Posted by xyzygy (9894 posts) -

@theht: I know man. This and Final Fantasy XV were the two best things at E3 2013 in my eyes, and sadly we've heard next to nothing about either yet.

#4 Posted by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -
#5 Edited by Snail (8580 posts) -

Well I've never heard of this before.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's downright insane that Insomniac is doing an Xbox exclusive game?!

#6 Edited by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

They love soda apparently, anyways im excite to see what it is after almost a year of nothing

#7 Edited by Live2bRighteous (315 posts) -

This game is the sole reason of my decision to buy an Xbox One instead of Playstation 4.

Well one of the sole reasons. Dead Rising 3 was calling my name as well... EITHER WAY, I'm totes hyped for this.

#8 Posted by xyzygy (9894 posts) -
@snail said:

Well I've never heard of this before.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's downright insane that Insomniac is doing an Xbox exclusive game?!

Don't worry, I'm totally with you. I'm finding it really weird but definitely not in a bad way.

#9 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4160 posts) -

I'm pretty sure this is one of the games I getting this year. Hopefully that unique multiplayer is awesome.

Who loves orange soda? Kel loves orange soda.

#10 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

This game is the sole reason of my decision to buy an Xbox One instead of Playstation 4.

Well one of the sole reasons. Dead Rising 3 was calling my name as well... EITHER WAY, I'm totes hyped for this.

I really hope not. Seems kind of nuts to buy a console for a game we literally know nothing about.

#11 Edited by crithon (3081 posts) -

OH BOY!!! Those faces..... man, I'm excited! I want to see character designs like that.

#12 Edited by ez123 (1945 posts) -

@ssully said:

@live2brighteous said:

I really hope not. Seems kind of nuts to buy a console for a game we literally know nothing about.

We know some basic things. Art style it's going for, 3-rd person, open world, traversal mechanics and crazy weapons powered by soda.

It's still a gamble without seeing gameplay that that's not a guarentee either. Roll the dice!

#13 Posted by Capum15 (4813 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: And now I have the urge to drink Orange Soda.

...wonder if I have any.

Anyway, I totally forgot about this until this thread, but I definitely remember it now. Looking forward to this.

#14 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4160 posts) -

I saw, and they have a very snarky twitter. Its been blowing up lately.

So the code they use in the website, and legal information at the bottom of the page is pretty nuts.

<!-- *** FIZZCO NOTE : Too much color in the images, Distracts people from the orange and blue. You know what? Just put an orange filter over them. Keeps us on brand. --> ..

Come gaze at what probably most consider the greatest human architectural feat since the Egyptian Pyramids. Standing 207 stories tall, the Fizzco Headquarters is almost as much of a marvel as OverCharge. It’s truly something everyone wishes to see before they die. But, don’t take our word for it. Take our tour-guide’s word for it when you visit.

*** FIZZCO NOTE: CUT Fizzco HQ. We don't want them coming and people breaking lamps or pulling wires or whatever the working-class considers fun nowadays. The building is very important.

Fizzco scientist guy, Zander Scotts, will be explaining all the dweeby science things that make OverCharge a liquid revolution. His complicated diction will go over your head, but into your hearts.

*** FIZZCO NOTE: CUT Zander. He's out. Says he has "moral complications" with advertising it. We'll probably have "moral complications" giving him a raise next year. Replace him with Chet. He got last place in fantasy football this season.

Fizzco, a division of MDAC, maintains this site (“the Site”) for your personal entertainment, information, education, communication, and love. Please feel free to obey the Site, but read these Terms and Conditions before doing so. Please note that by the time you've read these words, you have signed the Terms and Conditions. We've scanned your retinal data and considered the first blink your signature. All for your convenience, of course! Thank you for your compliance.

01: You should assume that all materials, designs, text, and images on the Site are property of Fizzco. If you use anything on this site without consent from Fizzco, we will be deeply hurt. And then we will make sure you are financially unstable for generations. No screenshots, no poor fan-art, and no imagining the OverCharge logo in your head. 02: By viewing the Site, you are required, by law, to inform at least two living humans about the benefits and great taste of OverCharge Delirium XT. Failure to do so within 48 hours of site-viewage will result in up to 17 years of incarceration in a federal prison. 03: Any misinformation, negative words, or unhappy thoughts about OverCharge Delirium XT or Fizzco is punishable by prison time. Alternatively, you can also opt to serve your sentence in the beautiful and well-disinfected Fizzco Research Labs. 04: Adding any unseemly sexually organs to the Fizzco Trademarked, Fizzie mascot, is both gross and punishable by up to two million hours of community service. Specifically, community service in the Fizzco Research Labs. 05: Individuals browsing the Site with more than thirteen tabs open are required to close all tabs before continuing reading the Site. OverCharge Delirium XT deserves your full attention. 06: Fizzco has swept through – and now owns- all the content on your computer. We also have the right to use it in any way we see fit. We probably won't, though. You're not that interesting. 07: Complaining about Clause 06 on any social media site is prohibited and ,frankly, a little hypocritical.

Fizzco is also not responsible for any illnesses or problems that may occur from drinking OverCharge Delirium XT, including, but not limited to: urinary tract infections, tummy aches, gross burping, water intoxication, acid reflux, heart attack, depression, tripping embarrassingly, urinating, urinating a lot, urinating way too much, gastrointestinal reaction, brain aneurisms, disturbing fantasies, assault and battery, poor judgment, pregnancy, itching, aggression, uncoordinated dancing, and death. Drink at your own risk. Love at your own risk.

#15 Edited by Yummylee (21255 posts) -

Those are some great character names. Buck National? Troop Master Bryllcream?? This all sorta looks like something out of a GTA game's Internet.

#16 Posted by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

Cover

#17 Edited by SteadyingMeat (1114 posts) -

I don't understand what this game is at all

but I will admit I thought it was a racing game

#18 Edited by xyzygy (9894 posts) -

@steadyingmeat said:

I don't understand what this game is at all

but I will admit I thought it was a racing game

From what we've seen, it seems like an open world shooter with multiplayer elements. Not sure if multiplayer is a separate mode or if it's something like Dark Souls, but that's about all we know. And the art style is amazing.

EDIT: There is a full singleplayer-only campaign, and then there will be a "unique" multiplayer mode. It's not co-op though, so I'm thinking it's going to be something along the lines of Dark Souls.

Also, there was a snippet on Neogaf that someone posted and I THINK they took it from the new Edge issue... " ...the game brings to mind Tony Hawk, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Prince Of Persia and the blue skies and bright colours of the Dreamcast era".

#19 Posted by cloudnineboya (764 posts) -

SEXBURGER!!!.

#20 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4160 posts) -

Cover

Dat cover is just nuts..

I can't wait for Edge's preview tomorrow..

#21 Edited by xyzygy (9894 posts) -
#22 Edited by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

Gat Damn

#23 Posted by ChrisHarris (275 posts) -

Based on the video, this game appears to continue the tradition of me never liking the way Insomniac's games feel. :\

#24 Posted by altairre (1127 posts) -

It looks pretty good and I'm always for more color in games though the animations look a bit janky and not as smooth as the rest of the game. Now they have to prove that they can fill the city with interesting stuff and hopefully a fun main campaign (the point where most open world games fall apart). Definitely one of the cooler looking exclusive titles so far.

#25 Posted by Glottery (1109 posts) -

Can't quote with mobile, but yeah, Insomniac doing an exclusive for Xone is especially crazy after they did Fuse and were very excited about doing a multiplatform game. Or maybe that was just press-talk or whatnot.

#26 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1114 posts) -

eh it looks okay

#27 Posted by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

Official Video

#28 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

Looks rad! Traversal looks like tons of fun.

#29 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3753 posts) -

Yeah this looks like dumb fun. It definitely does give me a Dreamcast vibe.

The gameplay looked a bit like Crackdown to me. That kind of shooting with that mobility. Or a more interesting version of InFamous (I had fun with those games but in the end they felt like not very good third person shooters and they never took advantage of the super hero angle).

#30 Posted by spraynardtatum (2607 posts) -

That looks incredible. Exactly my kind of game.

#31 Edited by micemoney (134 posts) -

Yesterday, I actually got the chance to speak with one of the sound designers that has been at Insomniac for the past 25 years. Extremely nice fellow, his name was Dwight. He said fans of Tony Hawk and Jet Get Radio will love this game. Totally get that 90s vibe from this. He also said Microsoft has been very supportive and will push this game like crazy at E3 and after. They were here at my job working on the sound for the E3 demo. Apparently there is some type of helicopter gun you'll be able to control in the air that's suppose to be a real good time. There will definitely be a campaign. I didn't get a lot of time to talk with him but he sounded really excited talking to me about it.

#32 Posted by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

Oh man let this be the console generation of COLOURS IN GAMES.

#33 Edited by TheHT (10890 posts) -

@micemoney: Yeah, I get a real Tony Hawk/Jet Set meets inFamous/Dead Rising vibe.

#34 Posted by micemoney (134 posts) -

Forgive me if this has been posted already but this polygon article has loads of info: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/8/5692070/sunset-overdrive-xbox-one-insomniac-games

#35 Posted by clarkj1981 (38 posts) -

Color me very, very interested. The MS exclusive lineup continues to be more of my bag, frankly. This could be another in that line of titles that keep me coming back.

#36 Edited by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

Bwad Played it. No videos until next week Boo.

#37 Posted by Solh0und (1756 posts) -

Sorry PS4 dudes but this looks way more entertaining than inFamous Second Son.

#38 Posted by spraynardtatum (2607 posts) -

@solh0und: Totally. I hope it comes to PS4 Mass Effect style.

#39 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Please whatever you do Insomniac don't focus test it!

#40 Posted by Fierrze (171 posts) -

If they announce true Crackdown sequel at E3, then i might need to get a Xbox One, because this looks really good. When they said this had influence from Jet Grind Radio, i was already sold.

#41 Edited by ez123 (1945 posts) -

@spraynardtatum said:

EA buys them, the sequels are very different(dumbed down) from the first, then the first comes to PS4 6 years later? Sounds great.

Oh and wait a year for the second game, too. Mass Effect style!

#42 Posted by kishinfoulux (2255 posts) -

Looks much more rad then I expected it to. Honestly I thought it was gonna become vaporware. Getting a Crackdown vibe from it. Can't wait to see more of it.

#43 Posted by Hunter5024 (5543 posts) -

Looks awesome. I'd really love to play this. Hopefully the next several months will work out in a way that allows me to. The character customization is really exciting.

#44 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: The enemies looking like Crackdown 2 "freaks" reminds me of Crackdown. Not such else.

I'm not seeing any Crackdown physics-based fun and the platforming aspects are way different. It has its own cool thing going on. I think it looks awesome!

#45 Posted by spraynardtatum (2607 posts) -
@ez123 said:

@spraynardtatum said:

EA buys them, the sequels are very different(dumbed down) from the first, then the first comes to PS4 6 years later? Sounds great.

Oh and wait a year for the second game, too. Mass Effect style!

Complete with comic book recaps!

#46 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3786 posts) -

That trailer was one of the best things at E3. Really stoked to see info on this finally. Red Caboose Reggie is a great name.

#47 Posted by Tesla (1908 posts) -

I wonder how good the aiming will feel as you grind along and do all the traversal stuff. It seems like it would be less than ideal to use thumbsticks.

#48 Posted by NathanXplosion (72 posts) -

Really like the look of this game and I can't to see more in the coming weeks.

#49 Posted by CorruptedEvil (1755 posts) -

Looks cool, too bad I will never play since I don't know anybody who is even thinking of buying an Xbone and I'm certainly not getting one. Maybe in 10 years or whatever.

#50 Edited by Roboculus92 (483 posts) -

I really like how this game looks. Parts of the traversal seem a bit slow, though maybe it's tied to some gameplay mechanic like higher combos cause you to go faster (probably not but that would be cool). Not sure where the Tony Hawk comparisons are coming from. You see the guy grinding on rails but that seems more similar to what happens in the Infamous games than what you'd see in a Tony Hawk game. Either way, consider me cautiously optimistic.