Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3535 posts) 8 months, 21 days ago

Poll: Super Mario 3 vs Super Mario World (73 votes)

Super Mario 3 is better 37%
Super Mario World is better 63%

We all know that their's only one true answer to this question. Don't be an idiot and say the wrong one. I'd expend upon that idea, but I don't want to "poison the well," as it were.

Besides, we all know that Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is the best Mario game of all time. But aside from that, what's the next best in the series?

And seriously, Yoshi's Island was awesome. Really.

#1 Posted by joshwent (2056 posts) -
#2 Posted by GunstarRed (4997 posts) -
!

#3 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3535 posts) -

Dang poll not letting me change a typo in my post. If only I had a Hammer Bros suit, I would smash that error to pieces.

#4 Posted by jimmyfenix (3815 posts) -

Yoshi island sucks! What you guys going to do about it ? !

#5 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

Yoshi's Island is...... not great. :x

#6 Posted by Village_Guy (2484 posts) -

Yo fuck Yoshi! And yo fuck his island!

#7 Posted by csl316 (7984 posts) -

World has a land of donuts.

#8 Posted by Ltwood12 (28 posts) -

Both great, but I have to go with World.

#9 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1169 posts) -

Gotta go with 3

#10 Edited by JadeGL (700 posts) -

For the purposes of this poll, I would go with Super Mario World. I remember that game amazing me when I played it, and it continually came up with new mechanics, power-ups and worlds to keep the game fresh. I know 3 did the same thing, really, but Super Mario World just perfected it. At least to me.

But the secret best Mario game is Super Mario Bros. 2. I just wanted that on the record.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (35842 posts) -

Super Mario 3D World. SUCK ON THAT.

#12 Posted by FonkyMucker (144 posts) -

Its always been Super Mario Bros. 3! Here just some of the many reasons....

-Giant world

-Frog Suit

-Airships

-Breakable stone in the game world.

-Toads mini-games.

#13 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3721 posts) -

I think World is better but Mario 3 for when it came out was pretty insane. Very impressive.

#14 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Mario Land 2 is better.

#15 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

Where's the other motherfucker?

#16 Edited by MEATBALL (3020 posts) -

Many will die fighting this war.

#17 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

I love 3, but I don't get how anyone could say it's better. Mario World is just Mario 3 supercharged.

#18 Posted by Tireyo (6408 posts) -

@claude said:

Where's the other motherfucker?

#19 Posted by bellmont42 (317 posts) -

I loved both growing up but I have to go with 3 because it had a hell of a lot more charm.

#20 Edited by Mento (2418 posts) -

It's the same argument as Zelda 1 vs Link to the Past, or Metroid vs Super Metroid: the SNES games have had several incremental improvements and look better, but are really just standing on the shoulders of pioneering giants.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (35842 posts) -

@mento said:

It's the same argument as Zelda 1 vs Link to the Past, or Metroid vs Super Metroid

Except in those cases, it's very clear which one's better. Then again, the same could be said for this.

Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3.

#22 Edited by MormonWarrior (2534 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy is the real answer.

I love them both an awful lot! But 3 is dearer to my heart. I think it was my first video game I ever really played, actually. I can beat SMW in 14 minutes, so that's something.

EDIT: Oh man, you people. I like Yoshi's Island a lot more than Super Mario World. I made a top ten list a while ago of SNES games and SMW didn't even make it on there.

#23 Posted by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

I have the fonder memories for Mario 3, but I believe that Mario World is the better game. The levels were not as bite-sized. There was more reward to exploring the levels because of hidden paths and secrets. There was more variety to the level design. I preferred the difficulty curve of World to Three. The animation and art style is vastly superior. Yoshi. There is a larger variety of enemies to learn about. I prefer the music on a SNES to the music output by an NES.