Annoying comments when playing user created levels

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

So, like Brad during UPF, I find the comments that are all over user created levels extremely annoying. I played one of Jeff's levels and it was packed with this stuff. Sure it's kind of neat to see a bunch of GB artwork and references it really distracts from the gameplay.

Settings only has the option to select if the comments come from around the world or regional. Is there any way at all to turn them off completely? This is by far my biggest issue during the little time I've spent with this game.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cloudymusic

While playing a stage, pause the game and there will be a toggle for comment display. You can choose to have them display on the gamepad only, TV only, both, or neither.

I turned them off almost immediately.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yea it may not be so bad if it just showed a select few and they disappeared after a bit. The higher rated levels can be difficult to navigate because too many are on screen at once. I think it's a cool feature that could have been better implemented.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@cloudymusic: thanks duder. Found it really annoying to play through levels with them on. This game seems to have a lot of great potential though.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I set mine to gamepad only since I'm mainly looking at the TV while playing levels and I kind of like seeing some of the comments on levels that aren't super popular.