Super Smash brothers 4 Newcomer suggestions

Revenant86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Revenant86
 Geno could use Geno Beam as his Charged B attack. Geno whirl could be his side smash, with a chance of a critical. his Down B could be Geno blast, where he summons Energy from the sky similar to pikachu, but with a wider AOE, and less power.
Geno could use Geno Beam as his Charged B attack. Geno whirl could be his side smash, with a chance of a critical. his Down B could be Geno blast, where he summons Energy from the sky similar to pikachu, but with a wider AOE, and less power.
 Saria could use the fairy Slingshot at long distances, stun enemies with deku nuts, and use a deku stick/sheild combo at close range. Her final smash would be her famous song. Which causes everyone to dance wildly, leaving them open.
Saria could use the fairy Slingshot at long distances, stun enemies with deku nuts, and use a deku stick/sheild combo at close range. Her final smash would be her famous song. Which causes everyone to dance wildly, leaving them open.

Simon/Richter Belmont;Nathan graves.
Simon/Richter Belmont;Nathan graves.

Joshua Fireseed/Tal'set (Turok) Could use his Pulse rifle/energy weapons since sakurai doesn't allow bullets.
Joshua Fireseed/Tal'set (Turok) Could use his Pulse rifle/energy weapons since sakurai doesn't allow bullets.

Finally...

Krystal could use her staff at close range, she could transform into her ranged mode in a manner similar to Samus. She could use any of the star fox weapons. preferably the sniper rifle. So as to mix things up. Smash bros by all account's is a sausage fest. Theirs only like 6 total females in the game as it is. Krystal would be a much needed addition not only to balance the roster out, but to add a new character with a wide range of moves.
Krystal could use her staff at close range, she could transform into her ranged mode in a manner similar to Samus. She could use any of the star fox weapons. preferably the sniper rifle. So as to mix things up. Smash bros by all account's is a sausage fest. Theirs only like 6 total females in the game as it is. Krystal would be a much needed addition not only to balance the roster out, but to add a new character with a wide range of moves.
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Daveyo520

I said it before the last one came out but Mega Man. He makes sense and Capcom has a way closer relationship to Nintendo then Konami and Sega do. They did make all the Zelda games on the game boy after all.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

More RNG, because tripping was a great and well thought-out mechanic.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By Little_Socrates

Your bbcode does not work here. This is not GaiaOnline. (wait, do we operate on bbcode and I just didn't notice?)

Also, aside from the Turok characters, you are suggesting nothing particularly original. Saria would be a terrible choice, as would Skull Kid, as they're both never going to actually appear in a new Zelda game again, so it's just adding combat abilities to characters who will never use said abilities in new titles. A Castlevania character is still a good idea, though, and Geno would be an interesting character if Nintendo still owned the rights to him. Unfortunately, they don't, so the ensuing disappointment Nintendo fans get when Nintendo puts him in Smash 4 and then doesn't use him in anything else because it costs too much money is not worth the money they have to pay to secure him from Square in the first place.

Personally, I think it's just time for a retooling of the game to add more variety from game to game or more skill; it needs to decide whether it's a niche competitive fighter or a party game already, and I think they should probably pick "party game."

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shiftymagician

OH GOD ZE FORMATTING!!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I don't really see the necessity of new fighters, but gameplay rebalances and tweaks that implement classic controllers would go a long ways towards making me want to play another one in the series.

Revenant86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Revenant86
@Little_Socrates:  Well it's that kind of mentality that led rare into the Tank, they weren't willing to evolve. just to reach out to the gimmick Crowd, look where that got them.
Revenant86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Revenant86
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: thats reasonable. but why not be inventive? The man himself said the Wii u might have downloadable content support. it's our job as the gaming community to speak out to our developers!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'd like to see Geno. Anyway, AgentJ made a series of articles covering pretty much every character that Nintendo could and should do. It was truly a remarkable list.  You should look it up sometime.

Revenant86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Revenant86
@ajamafalous:  Oh god the horror. all the memories of of tripping in a laggy wifi match came rushing back!
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By willin

Wuhu Island and the Balance Board.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Golden Sun

• Isaac
  • Felix

Zelda

• Skull Kid
  • Ganondorf (less of a C. Falcon clone)
  • Zelda/Sheik (Skyward Sword model)
  • Link (Skyward Sword model)
  • Vaati

Mario

• Mario
  • Luigi (less of a Mario clone & moveset complemented heavily w/ Poltergeist 3000)
  • Bowser
  • Peach
  • Wario
  • Yoshi

Kirby

• Kirby
  • King DDD
  • Meta Knight
  • Adeleine

Pokémon

• Pokémon Trainer (Same version as SSBB)
  • Pokémon Trainer 2 [choose between Female or Male] (Snivy, Dewott and Emboar)
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Deoxys (3 forms)

Star Fox

• Fox
  • Falco
  • Krystal
  • Wolf

Fire Emblem

• Marth
  • Ike
  • Lyndis

Metroid

• Samus
  • Zero Suit Samus (separate character spot on roster)
  • Ridley (sized appropriately ala Bowser)

EarthBound

• Ness
  • Lucas
  • Porky

Sonic

• Sonic
  • Eggman

Metal Gear Solid

• Snake (same version as SSBB)
  • Grey Fox

Donkey Kong

• Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • King K. Rool

F-Zero

• Captain Falcon
  • Black Shadow

Others

• Pit  (Kid Icarus)
  • Olimar (Pikmin)
  • R.O.B. (Useless accessory)
  • Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
  • Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
  • Mega Man (Mega Man)
  • Crono (Chrono Trigger)

There were 12 characters in the original game, 25 in Melee and 36 in Brawl. This roster has 51. To have the same amount of additions from Melee to Brawl, I'd remove: Crono, Grey Fox, Eggman and Felix. 

Previous Thread
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@Revenant86: OK, then, let's see. Waluigi is probably my most wanted. As Little Socrates mentioned, Mega Man is a solid, obvious choice that would fit well. Wouldn't mind maybe seeing a couple of Square Enix characters make an appearance too. Cecil is maybe the obvious choice there, given where the game started and has appeared repeatedly throughout the years. Goemon is way more obscure, but he's one of my favorite characters and the Mystical Ninja games have a strong link with Nintendo. And finally, maybe, Rad Spencer from Bionic Commando would be kinda great.

But none of those smack of being necessary. Waluigi's almost a shoe-in at some point, but the others are highly questionable at best.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Revenant86: Adding new characters is evolution but retooling the game so that it's optimal for a playstyle is not? I played Super Smash Brothers for nearly ten years. Five of those were just as a goofy game, and five of those were as a "competitive" fighter. I had way more fun those first five years playing it for fun, so I'm saying they should pick that. Currently, I can't enjoy it as either a party game or a competitive fighter, and I have no interest in playing another game just like the last three.

Also, what "put Rare in the tank" was not their unwillingness to evolve. Take a look at Viva Piñata and Nuts & Bolts; they're totally fresh games, and they're absolutely wonderful and modern. Rare is not even really in any tank, they're doing awesome as they sell three million units of Kinect Sports.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

LOLYOUGUYS

One: There is a thread on this already.

Two: General discussion? Really?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

Wow, OP. None of those. None of those. Go write your Krystal slashfic. 
They should add Starfy and then they should work on making the platforming not suck, and when the platforming doesn't suck they should cancel the game and just make a new Starfy platformer. 
Maybe they should only make new entries in SSB when they've created an adequate number of new IPs. That way we're not scraping at the bottom with Starfox Dinosaurland bullshit. It'd be funny if they added a character from eahc of those JRPGs for the Wii they're never translating. But mostly when you add a "new" character from Fzero GX or whatever from an IP you don't even iterate anymore, all you're doing is reminding me there hasn't been a new Fzero in 7 1/2 years. And I'd rather you work on that than some spazz party game.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jack268

Mewtwo

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Turok and Castlevania aren't Nintendo franchises and Krystal should never be in anything ever again. Also, everything Rare did on the 360 (with the exception of Perfect Dark Zero) was fantastic. Viva Pinata and Nuts & Bolts inparticular, they were every bit as good as the games they made on the SNES and N64. Blame the audience, not the developers.

Isaac from Golden Sun, King K. Rule, Little Mac and perhaps a new Pokemon Trainer are the only ones I'd really like to see. And who's idea was it to ditch a bunch of the characters for Brawl but then still give us Fox, Falco and Wolf? Either ditch ALL of the clones or give us as many characters as possible.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

I think Viewtiful Joe (though I'm against the Capcom vs Nintendo idea), or any Final Fantasy character would fit (like Cloud vs Link).

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

King K. Rool.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

These threads again?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mega Man needs to be in it.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Brawl already has most of the characters you could want without going 3rd party crazy.

magmadico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1- megaman X (megaman X) 2- bomberman (bomberman) 3- zero (megaman X) 4- cloud (final fantsy) 5- crystal (star fox) 6- baby bowser 7- zoroark (pokemon)

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magmadico: Please check the date of a post before replying.

Seems to be a lot of necroing this weekend

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Justin258

4- cloud (final fantsy)

I don't think that Cloud has ever appeared on a Nintendo system. He seems very much associated with Sony.

Somebody from FFVI, on the other hand...

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eh, old topic but still an interesting one. Any of the characters from golden sun. Preferably any combination of Isaac, Felix, Jenna, Alex, or Saturos. As for others, King K. Rool, Ridley, Chrom, and Vaati come to mind. Crono would be cool too, but that seems like a bit of a stretch.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MASTER CHIEF AND BIGSBY AND DIABBLO AND DIABBLO CODY

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Daveyo520

I said it before the last one came out but Mega Man. He makes sense and Capcom has a way closer relationship to Nintendo then Konami and Sega do. They did make all the Zelda games on the game boy after all.

I agree past me.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By MocBucket62

Surprised there's no love for Little Mac from Punch Out!!. I know his move list would not be that diverse as he's a melee character, but com'n, he's one of Nintendo's first brawlers! Lyn from Fire Emblem would be good too since the roster could use more female characters.

And if Capcom can get off the anti-Mega Man bandwagon, he should be in the game.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're gonna get Capcom on this, I say continue with the X route and just go for Smash Bros. X Street Fighter.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If we're gonna get Capcom on this, I say continue with the X route and just go for Smash Bros. X Street Fighter.

I don't know if that would work thematically (I know, I know, Smash Bros doesn't either). But a Smash Bros. X Power Stone? I'd take that deal. If only to see Power Stone come back.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where the hell is that Saria art from?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#34  Edited By StarvingGamer

Weird necro

I guess Bayonetta would be appropriate now

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myketuna said:

@chibithor said:

I don't know if that would work thematically (I know, I know, Smash Bros doesn't either). But a Smash Bros. X Power Stone? I'd take that deal. If only to see Power Stone come back.

They already had Solid Snake. Might be jarring if half the cast was like that, but I think they could make it work especially if Smash Bros. took some cues from SF in the process like in SFxT.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

ENGAGE RIDLEY

MOTHER FUCKER

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in favor of swapping out Ike for Chrom because he's more popular with the kids these days and we need to stay with it.

For the long-shot choice I'm gonna go with Mike Tyson.