#1 Posted by FlUtterShy_XXX (17 posts) -

It's a new IP and they clearly have a wide range of attacks. I think Nintendo would be crazy NOT to include Inklings in the next Smash Bros.

#2 Posted by spilledmilkfactory (1892 posts) -

No word on it yet, but I've had the exact same thought. The potential for getting around the environment using paint splatters is huge.

#3 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -

Not a snowballs chance in hell. If they wanted to promote new IPs in Smash we would have gotten Wonder Red.

#4 Posted by ADAMWD (613 posts) -

@darthorange: Except Splatoon still has a shot at being a valuable IP.

#5 Posted by bemusedchunk (708 posts) -

Speculation is that this would be post launch DLC - if anything.

#6 Posted by forteexe21 (446 posts) -

Could possibly be an assist trophy.

#7 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -

Does Nintendo even have a track record of DLC?

#8 Edited by BisonHero (6766 posts) -

Smash has a pretty bad track record of putting in characters from games that are just coming out. Like, Melee didn't include Pikmin or Olimar in any way even though Pikmin came out around the same time as Melee. Also not much acknowledgement of Luigi's Mansion (Luigi's Mansion did eventually get a stage in Brawl). Melee did, however, include Roy, whose Fire Emblem hadn't quite come out yet, I think? However, other than that, it's hard to say, because a lot of the Brawl characters were just random stuff from series that had already been around for a while.

I really doubt anything from Splatoon, or Project S.T.E.A.M. or whatever will make its way into the new Smash Bros. I doubt it will be an assist trophy either. At best, maybe there will be a static, regular-ass trophy related to those games.

It would be kinda hilarious if they got some more Capcom stuff, like a Monster Hunter inclusion of some sort or something. I actually find that more likely, though they probably would've announced that by now if it were happening.

#9 Posted by Corevi (4337 posts) -

@darthorange said:

Not a snowballs chance in hell. If they wanted to promote new IPs in Smash we would have gotten Wonder Red.

Put him in coach he's ready.

#10 Edited by Irvandus (2885 posts) -

I doubt it. I don't think that character existed in any form when that game started development.

You guys have to realize how early these games go into development. They can't possibly know what games are going into production over the next 3 years.

#11 Posted by MocBucket62 (1260 posts) -

If we have another Smash Bros after this one, then the Splatoon girl will be playable. No way she becomes playable in this iteration, she'd be an assist trophy at best.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8456 posts) -

@xolare said:
@bemusedchunk said:

Does Nintendo even have a track record of DLC?

They've started building one.

#13 Edited by Irvandus (2885 posts) -

@corruptedevil: Posting Chip and Ironicus makes you a good person.

@starvinggamer: Some of those fire emblem packs are top notch.

#14 Posted by Ubertron986 (21 posts) -

This would make too happy to ever happen. A trophy would still be nice, though.

#15 Posted by Evermoore (28 posts) -

Just conceptually I think that'd be interesting, but it seems too bold a move.

#16 Posted by JackSukeru (5944 posts) -

I heard somewhere that all the characters that would be in the game were decided on at the start of the project. I don't think that Splatoon could have been far along enough at that point where they would have decided on the look of the characters, or maybe it didn't even exist on a conceptual level yet.