#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -
#2 Edited by Hailinel (24423 posts) -

I guess that answers the question of what other guest character will be in the game. I certainly don't expect there to be a third.

#3 Posted by stonepawfox (236 posts) -

i'm sure people that enjoy sonic will be happy with the news

i thought he was pretty shit in brawl but after reading the backlash on my man toon link i'm not going to be negative about it. more characters confirmed is always a good thing, plus there are a lot of sonic fans out there

#4 Posted by Superkenon (1418 posts) -

Sure, why not.

#5 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1117 posts) -

Gotta go fast. I hope it's not the long-legged new-age punk version of sonic but the more cutesy one.

#6 Posted by amani (47 posts) -

Fucking. Yes. I welcome backlash, I welcome hate, glad to have my boy back regardless!

#7 Posted by gokaired (524 posts) -

Yay, the MegaMan Sonic Show down will not just be in comics :)

#8 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

That's good. Sonic belongs in Smash now, I feel.

#9 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -

There you go.

#10 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3075 posts) -

I'm still just kinda disoriented by Megaman, Sonic and Mario all being in the same game. If my 8 year old self could see this he'd have some kind of happiness-induced seizure.

#11 Edited by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

Cool, I hope he's easier to play this time around. That and maybe give him another move not based on him becoming a blue spinning ball.

#12 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2245 posts) -

I mained Sonic during my time with Brawl and I still say boo. Bring in new guest characters damn it!

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

Man if they claim to be trimming the roster down and these are the winners we're stuck with... oh boy.

Whatever, it's not like Kirby will ever be taken out of the game. And even if F-Zero is dead to Nintendo's eyes, we better fucking see the captain.

#14 Posted by Zeik (2390 posts) -

Sonic was one of my favorite additions to Brawl so I'm very happy.

#15 Posted by TheHT (11155 posts) -

Alright, that's an OK return announcement. I didn't even know Sonic was in Brawl until we unlocked him, which was a great moment.

#16 Posted by Dixavd (1354 posts) -

@mikkaq: To be fair, they never actually said they were trimming the whole roster down - just that they weren't focusing on increasing it/bringing in new characters like with previous instalments. It seems likely that most of the regulars will still be there .

#17 Posted by Encephalon (1250 posts) -

Chubby Sonic or bust.

#18 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I guess that answers the question of what other guest character will be in the game. I certainly don't expect there to be a third.

Really? I fully expect Pac-Man to be the third and final guest character. This is still a Namco joint, I doubt that they wouldn't get at least one representative.

#19 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (616 posts) -

My teeth are almost grinded down completely sitting alone, waiting anxiously for the King Dedede announcement.

#20 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

My teeth are almost grinded down completely sitting alone, waiting anxiously for the King Dedede announcement.

King DeDeDe will be in the game. Do not doubt.

Sonic is cool. I'm glad he's returning. It looks like his moveset will remain mostly the same, which is a big bummer, but I can't wait to pit he, Mario, and Sonic together. That's like, my childhood fantasy. As a matter of fact, my other favorite video game characters from my younger days were Crash and Snake, so if Snake returns... oh boy. I highly doubt we'll see Snake, unfortunately. And Crash is impossible, but my love of him faded long ago (my love for Mega Man WILL NEVER FADE).

Anyways, Mega Man looks fantastic and that is all I have ever really wanted in life.

#21 Edited by Hunter5024 (5639 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I am willing to bet 50 Brad Bucks that there is at least one more. Do you accept?

#22 Posted by Hailinel (24423 posts) -
#23 Edited by cmblasko (1198 posts) -

Hopefully he is better this time around. I'm glad to have him back.

It is disheartening that of the 17 announced characters, only 3 of them are new.

#24 Posted by BisonHero (6452 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw said:

Gotta go fast. I hope it's not the long-legged new-age punk version of sonic but the more cutesy one.

Sadly, the Sonic branding doesn't ping pong back and forth between old Sonic and new Sonic (except in Generations, which was a weird exception).

If Sonic is in any sort of crossover game (Smash Bros., Sega All Stars Racing, etc.), it's almost guaranteed to be current "long-legged new-age punk" Sonic.

#25 Edited by Andorski (5287 posts) -

I didn't really like how he played in Brawl, but his inclusion makes sense. While I enjoyed how snake plays, I think they are better off getting rid of him and other "realistic looking" characters. Keeping all the characters cartoon-like gives the game a more consistent look.

#26 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

Nintendo should buy Sega and start fresh making good Sonic games if they like him so much. Then we can blame another company for not localizing all the cool shit. But Shenmue III a Wii U exclusive? That'd be nuts.

#27 Posted by FLStyle (4667 posts) -

Yep, that's a good get for Smash once again, star power will always generate interest.