Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By TheMasterDS
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So I guess that leak that listed Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Little Mac, Pacman, Mii & Megaman at first and then Pokemon from X/Y, Petaluma, Chrom, Chorus-Men-From-Rhythm-Heaven (possibly actually Marshal from Rhythm Heaven) and Shulk looks pretty legit then. The leak did not mention Rosalina so there is hope there are characters left off (cough cough K Rool cough cough) but it doesn't look good.

Also yeah, Pac Man. Announced at a panel that was not livestreamed for no explicable reason. Super dumb. And after the Invitational ended with no information! Super dumb.

Hope there's more Smash news tomorrow! Confirm characters that haven't leaked how about!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Petaluma?

I don't think Jeff's home town is a playable character.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Shit, Petaluma? Like as a stage? Just have it be like Onett from melee, except Jeff's house.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@hailinel said:

Petaluma?

I don't think Jeff's home town is a playable character.

WHY THE HELL NOT!?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MocBucket62

Man I'm so happy they went with the Pac Man World Design for Pac Man and not the Saturday morning cartoon look! I like all of these additions to the roster, though from the short footage, Palutena might be a tad overpowered (Still want to try her out). I think it was smart for Nintendo to make the Miis into customizable characters with players editing their moves to match their preferences for the Miis.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refuse to learn how to spell her name! I think Petaluma is a really funny guess at it so I'm going with that.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope that leaked list is wrong about Chrom. We don't need Chrom if we already have Marth and Ike.

Pac-Man's inclusion is pretty exciting, though. And the Mii Fighters are a really good idea as well. I need to see some more Palutena.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Thanks. Now I'm never going to be able to pronounce her name properly.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I have no opinion on the Kid Icarus lady, other than I don't really like how she fights. I'm sure the fans of the series must be happy though.

The idea that Kid Icarus is somehow a series now and has a fanbase sort of blows my mind. I never played Uprising despite now owning a 3DS and thus my memories are just playing OG Kid Icarus and thinking it was sort of brutal and not fun.

I otherwise have no issue with these roster additions. The more insanity, the better.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lobstervendetta said:

I have no opinion on the Kid Icarus lady, other than I don't really like how she fights. I'm sure the fans of the series must be happy though.

The idea that Kid Icarus is somehow a series now and has a fanbase sort of blows my mind. I never played Uprising despite now owning a 3DS and thus my memories are just playing OG Kid Icarus and thinking it was sort of brutal and not fun.

I otherwise have no issue with these roster additions. The more insanity, the better.

Well, it was a series before Uprising, too. Not many people seem to remember the Game Boy game. (Heck, not even Uprising acknowledges it.)

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@video_game_king: Petaluma vs Wuhu Island in a cage match.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Not many people seem to remember the Game Boy game. (Heck, not even Uprising acknowledges it.)

If I remember correctly, it was never released in Japan. Plus it ends with Pit's death (Icarus style, of course), so that's hard to reconcile with the canon.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Has anyone heard anything about Captain Falcon?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Hunter5024

@hailinel Sir I would like to direct you to our exchange in this thread. I need to save up for when I lose that Persona bet.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Milkman

Petaluma's special stage revealed!

No Caption Provided

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel Sir I would like to direct you to an exchange in this thread. I need to save up for when I lose that Persona bet.

Well, son of a gun! Fifty Brad Bucks it is.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: that I think is something that should be in games with open worlds. How many places have we seen Targets red balls but never in a video game. There are no super markets in video games. They don't exist.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bringing back Ike is still so baffling to me. They could've just had two slots for Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros.

Slot 1: You always have Marth.

Slot 2: You rotate in some new character from a newer entry each time you make a new Smash Bros.

I guess they kinda screwed that plan over by doing all those DS remakes instead of coming up with a new world/cast of characters, but still, if they had enough time to get Roy into Melee (Roy's debut game didn't come out until after Melee did) then surely they've had enough time with Chrom character designs to make him a character.

On the other hand, I do think Ike (at least in Path of Radiance) is a much better character than Chrom, who is just kinda flat throughout all of Awakening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone needs to bring the right shitty pizza back to Petaluma. Maybe as an up-smash.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero said:

On the other hand, I do think Ike (at least in Path of Radiance) is a much better character than Chrom, who is just kinda flat throughout all of Awakening.

Personally I think they're both pretty flat. The side characters are always more interesting than the main hero in Fire Emblem. Which is too bad, because it wouldn't make much sense to choose a character like Tharja to represent the game considering it's entirely possible to never even recruit her. I think the real mistake here was not replacing Marth with Lucina.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024 said:

@bisonhero said:

Personally I think they're both pretty flat. The side characters are always more interesting than the main hero in Fire Emblem. Which is too bad, because it wouldn't make much sense to choose a character like Tharja to represent the game considering it's entirely possible to never even recruit her. I think the real mistake here was not replacing Marth with Lucina.

Yeah, they're in this weird trap where many (most?) Marth players in Smash probably don't intensely follow the Fire Emblem series, so if they totally redesigned the character to look like Lucina instead, there would probably be some backlash.

Then again, they took out Mewtwo and replaced him more-or-less with Lucario, and people got over it. Though that's still bullshit, Mewtwo is way more iconic than Lucario ever was or will be.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Game and Watch! Fucking finally!

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVz-2VuAYlY

Reveal video for ol' Pac. Even though his 'modern' design always bums me out, I like that he's in the mix. Looks goofy and off-the-wall enough to be fun.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TruthTellah

@superkenon: I like that he can go into the classic 2D Pac-Man style for some special moves.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024 said:

@bisonhero said:

Yeah, they're in this weird trap where many (most?) Marth players in Smash probably don't intensely follow the Fire Emblem series, so if they totally redesigned the character to look like Lucina instead, there would probably be some backlash.

Then again, they took out Mewtwo and replaced him more-or-less with Lucario, and people got over it. Though that's still bullshit, Mewtwo is way more iconic than Lucario ever was or will be.

They would never drop Marth in favor of another Fire Emblem character. Marth is the poster boy of the franchise. Anyone that thinks Lucina would be an OK replacement for him don't know Fire Emblem well enough.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@bisonhero said:

@hunter5024 said:

@bisonhero said:

They would never drop Marth in favor of another Fire Emblem character. Marth is the poster boy of the franchise. Anyone that thinks Lucina would be an OK replacement for him don't know Fire Emblem well enough.

I don't know that you can really say Fire Emblem has a poster boy, considering they completely change settings every couple games. I mean sure he's been in more than anybody else, but that's not because he's an interesting hero, it's because he's the first one, so his games got remakes. He very much started the trend of boring main characters in the series. I suppose there were different standards back then, but even when given the opportunity in the ds games they didn't really define him much as a character. About the only word I could use to describe his personality is naive, maybe, whereas Lucina has quite a bit more to her. At the very least I think they should go with the alternate costume approach to get some sort of modern Fire Emblem representation in there.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Game & Watch is not confirmed

That is all

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By takashichea

@hunter5024: @hailinel:

I agree with Hailinel on this. With Marth being introduced in Melee, he help introduce Fire Emblem games outside of Japan. It was a success. I was surprised they brought Ike back instead of using the Awakening characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get ready, kids! We're going to Petaluma!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Corevi

@mariachimacabre: I've been hoping for Chrom, if he has moves that feature the other FE:A characters then I will main him.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024:

Marth is as close to a poster boy for the franchise as it gets. Japan has a lot of nostalgia for the Akaneia games, and since he's the hero in most of those...

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man, this thread title had me all excited... I was hoping Petaluma could finally have a showdown against Sausalito.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pyrodactyl

Is Mr. Game and Watch confirmed?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petaluma

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre: I've been hoping for Chrom, if he has moves that feature the other FE:A characters then I will main him.

I would agree if they didn't already put Marth and Ike. At that point, it'd be 3 sword fighters from the same franchise. Honestly, I would kind of like to see a Knight or General character in a Smash Bros game. But I enjoy playing heavier characters in Smash Bros games.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Mr. Game and Watch wasn't officially confirmed as playable. For all we know he could be an assist trophy.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bringing back Ike is still so baffling to me. They could've just had two slots for Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros.

Slot 1: You always have Marth.

Slot 2: You rotate in some new character from a newer entry each time you make a new Smash Bros.

I guess they kinda screwed that plan over by doing all those DS remakes instead of coming up with a new world/cast of characters, but still, if they had enough time to get Roy into Melee (Roy's debut game didn't come out until after Melee did) then surely they've had enough time with Chrom character designs to make him a character.

I don't think it's all that baffling, they very well could have made ike a main character. Hopefully we will see a third character as a rotating slot.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#41  Edited By DarthOrange

@hailinel Sir I would like to direct you to our exchange in this thread. I need to save up for when I lose that Persona bet.

I totally forgot about that thread. I was the only one there who called Pac-Man (because of course he was going to be in).

Sen0r_Awes0me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drop Marth and drop Fox! Let's create some schisms in the Smash Community! :P

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By Superkenon

Mr. Game and Watch wasn't officially confirmed as playable. For all we know he could be an assist trophy.

I'm gonna bet he's in though. Enough people play him, he's practically a Smash vet at this point -- and most importantly -- they don't have to generate any new assets to make him a reality.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

How dare you all disrespect the beautiful goddess Palutena. She will up-smash you all into oblivion.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't mess around. Game and Watch is 95% revealed. He appeared at the end of the Pacman trailer and did his taunt. What other meaning can that have other than "he's playable"?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why would you livestream the announcement of Petaluma and not Pac-Man. It's Pac-Man!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really weird they saved the pac man reveal for an event know one would see when they had an event where 150k+ people were watching. Crowd would of lost it to see Pac Man. I am hype to try out Palutina, she reminds me of Hilde in SC, for no other reason than her weapon choice really.