DingDong The Witch is Dead! SF4: Steamworks Edition

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Just a heads up for my fellow PC players of Street Fighter, the terminal illness of Games for Windows Live is now cured, and the game now runs on Steamworks!

If you purchased the game on Steam, you won't have to do much! Just select Yes when the game prompts you to pull your save data from GFWL.

If you are on of those who purchased a retail copy, You will be able to receive the game by inputting your original GFWL product activation code into the “Activate a Product on Steam” option in the Steam client. That code should be in your retail box on the back of your manual. Good luck finding that!

On a sour note, those who bought their DLC through GFWL, you got fucked, because it's all gone.

POOF

EDIT: Well, my brain lapsed when I decided NOT to put this in the Street Fighter forum...

2nd Edit: While this is a great thing... A lot of new players are coming in with unlocked framerates. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!!! It messes the online matches up fairly bad!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Awesome news.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lots of good developers are patching out both GFWL and Gamespy. Our long national nightmare is over!

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sweet! Just saw it updated in Steam. Hmmm..... perhaps I know what I am doing tonight. It's been a good year since I played it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

It's on sale for 75% off this weekend, too. Got the Complete edition for only $11.99.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Okay, turns out, that while this patch is overall for the better, has made online unplayable...

Lag is inevitable, but now, whenever there is lag, the game will stop, and display a "Waiting For Other Player" error message. I've lost too many matches tonight because of the game literally freezing for over 5 seconds in the middle of a combo. This is kinda awful, waiting on a patch, I guess.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I noticed the other day that AE all of a sudden had steam achievements. GOOD TIMES!

No such change for SFxT though. I imagine the PC version of that game (or just the game in general, really) is totally dead to Capcom at this point and has been for a long time, since it took like 8 months to get the DLC characters after the console version and they never bothered with their alts or the second alts for the original cast. It's still a bummer though. I really like that game :(

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea the online is completely unplayable for me now it's SO bad. They had to do it because GFWL is shutting down, but honestly the GFWL version of this game worked perfectly and it was arguably better because of how bad voice chat and sending messages to recent players works over steam.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Now if only Dark Souls and GTA IV can be saved...