This looks great!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Just saw the announcement for this game and trailer, and I'm really impressed.

Looks like they dropped an action platformer into a Metal Slug game. It actually looks Sonic-esque. Also a bit like Donkey Kong. The art and animation is excellent.

Cool to see something so different from the Pokemon guys that's coming to some different platforms. And something that's not a strategy game from SEGA (as much as I like strategy games). If they out Sonic Sonic (not the hardest thing to do these days) and are published by SEGA, that will be pretty funny.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Man GameFreak will do the weirdest thing if you let them. Looks neat though, the art style reminds me specifically of a few Cartoon Network shows.

Also I'm assuming this will be the end credit song.

Loading Video...

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

My mind has been blown.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's dope.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Looks interesting, don't know if I would get it day 1 but on a sale or something it could be one.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfgame

I wouldn't usually bump a topic this old, but this is kind of the topic I was going to make anyways and this one already has trailers. I was watching game informers preview coverage on this game and I am pretty sure I will buy this one tomorrow. I had no idea this was actually Game Freak of pokemon fame. I recognized the name but must of assumed it was a different Game Freak. Everything i've seen today looks like a really colorful high quality platformer. Anyone else planning on buying this one?

edit: I think what I like most is all of the different influences, it's a damn combat elephant with sonics speed. It's like all of these subtle platforming influences from other notable franchises merged into a new IP. I feel like this has been a rough couple of weeks for game releases, between the new Golf game and Godzilla, but this looks like it could be pretty solid.

Loading Video...

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@wolfgame: Thanks for posting. I'm still really interested in this one. Might wait a bit just for price reasons but I really want to play it.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely getting this...no doubt it looks amazing.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Definitely looking forward to grabbing this tomorrow.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is up on North American PSN store. The regular price is $40! It's on sale for $23.99, but that seems way to much. I thought it would be $20 at the most.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is up on North American PSN store. The regular price is $40! It's on sale for $23.99, but that seems way to much. I thought it would be $20 at the most.

That is definitely not right. The game is only supposed to be $15.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I played through the first world earlier. It's fun, but there's some weird things with progression that could/probably force you to replay older levels to progress. It's definitely heavily inspired by old 2D Sonic games. I like the art, it's almost identical to the story stuff in Harmoknight... which was made by the same people.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing a bit and was able to get to the stage 2 boss before I had to double back for more points to unlock the next stage. I am enjoying the game but i'm not the biggest fan of that type of mechanic. I think it is a very good game, it's pretty difficult too but smashing through enemies and objects as the elephant has a lot of visual destruction and the sound design/music is pretty solid too. I'm pretty happy with it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shindig  Online

I was going to ask if could review this but apparently they already sent us a copy. Richie likes it a lot.

Playstation Country's PS4 review

Actually glad its turned out this way as I first impressions of trailers and such made me wonder just how substantial this would be. I'll be considering this.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Apparently the PC version was botched and already removed from Steam.

Good thing I didn't pre-purchase last night.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Sooperspy

On the ps store on the internet, the price is $14.99 or $13.49 for plus members. In the ps store on my PS4 the price still shows as $40 or $23.99 so that's weird. I wasn't really interested in this game but it has a nice style and looks pretty fun. Maybe pick it up sometime down the road.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's also a demo up on the PSN store ( in the uk anyway) if anyone's in two minds.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The price was corrected on the PS4 store. Just picked it up for $13.49. The initial $40 price was quite a shocker.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shozo

I was really pumped to check this out and did a preorder, which is very rare for me. I'm sorry to report the PC version is currently kinda broken. I'll keep this brief I hope this stuff can be fixed quickly.

1) They uploaded the demo rather than the full game.

2) The newer updated version will not run as steam can't find the .exe file.

If you browse your local files you'll see they named the game "Trumbo" without the .exe. Rename it "Tembo The Badass Elephant.exe" and the associated data folder will also have to be renamed. See image: http://puu.sh/j7vXQ/fbb9bcc282.png

After that mess it launches!...To a preload screen to set your keybindings and resolution. Which will be thrown out once the game actually launches. If you attempt to go into the in-game options to set controls you'll be disappointed because after you set the keys and attempt to escape the keybindings by pressing "ESC" the game hard quits to desktop.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until tomorrow to try this again. Videogames are hard.

UPDATE: posted an update on steam:

Tembo is now fully operational!

We apologise for the launch issues on Steam with TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT and would like to reassure users that the game is now fully operational. It will relaunch on Steam today (22nd July, 2015) at 5pm BST/6pm CET/9am PST.

The cause of the disruptions yesterday was due to a demo build being uploaded to Steam in error, rather than the full game build. This has now been rectified.

SEGA would like to apologise to any users who experienced difficulties yesterday. We take full responsibility for those issues but would like to reiterate that the problem has now been resolved.

Can confirm everything works MUCH better. Full controller support, and can easily change resolution. Seems the options interface changed between the demo and final version. So there you have it. Glad to see it was an easy fix.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well played up the first boss stage and really enjoyed it can already see at some point I will have to back track...not particularly happy to do it just to find more enemies but nevermind... Really enjoying it aside few little control niggles with how the transitions into the rolling jump.