#1 Posted by Sanity (1907 posts) -

So, anyone planning to start a new save and world for this? I'v been looking forward to 1.2 for awhile and the list of changes and additions is insane, especially considering theirs enough here for it to be considered a expansion pack at this point and hes giving it away free. Here is the link to the change log, looking forward to see all the new insane stuff thats added.

#2 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3091 posts) -

I'm probably going to mess with it for a while. A lot of the changes seem pretty significant, and hell, It's been a while since I made myself a big dumb in-game fortress/castle/what-have-you. I wonder if I can kick the enemies out of one of those pyramids and use that...

#3 Posted by cloudymusic (1118 posts) -

I will definitely be starting over. I hadn't ever looked over that list of changes before, but wow. It seems like it doubles the size of the game.

#4 Posted by Rorie (2910 posts) -

Hmm, neat. I spent around 30 hours on the game before (sure that's a pittance compared to some of you), but this might be nice to prompt me to reinstall.

Staff
#5 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@rorie: Compared to my one hour, your 30 hours is a good amount.

#6 Edited by schreiberty (208 posts) -

did they ever put in the console boss and armors?

#7 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1455 posts) -

@rorie said:

Hmm, neat. I spent around 30 hours on the game before (sure that's a pittance compared to some of you), but this might be nice to prompt me to reinstall.

I only played around 17 hours, but I'll more than likely play it again to see what's new.

#8 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

We needa get a GB server going or something tomorrow

#9 Posted by Sanity (1907 posts) -

did they ever put in the console boss and armors?

No, but this stuff is going to be higher tiered then what was on the consoles from what i understand, and those were just reskins of existing weapons/armors anyways. I think the only thing that is coming over from the console exclusive stuff is the music, most of the other stuff would be fairly pointless now anyways though with all the new stuff.

#10 Posted by yoshisaur (2723 posts) -

I've watched TotalBiscuit & Jesse Cox's let's play of it and cannot wait. The changes almost look like an entirely new game, or at least a really nice expansion pack.

#11 Edited by Dalai (7030 posts) -

@sexytoad said:

@rorie: Compared to my one hour, your 30 hours is a good amount.

Compared to my 195 hours, you're both completely sane.

However, I haven't touched the game in almost a year so it might be a good time to jump back in.

#12 Edited by TheHT (11263 posts) -

Definitely! I got pretty into my early worlds, but only actually made it up to that eye boss. These changes sound pretty significant, so I'll hop in and start a new world.

#13 Posted by Vuud (1996 posts) -

New world? Damn, I never got around to beating the Wall of Flesh.

#14 Posted by Morningstar (2161 posts) -

Hmm, maybe time to take it for another spin.

#15 Posted by DrJota (700 posts) -

I'm impressed,will definitely give it a spin.Curious to see what the mod community can come up with as well.

#16 Edited by Vuud (1996 posts) -

It just launched. My download finished on steam a little bit ago, fired it up and was immediately greeted by a bloodmoon, oh joy. Looks good so far, most noticeable are the very nice graphics changes. I just might have to get back into terraria and finally kill that wall of flesh.

#17 Posted by nmagness (2 posts) -

Server is hosted!
nmagness.dynet.com
^^address^^

"RD4Eva"
^^password^^

I haven't played in a long time but I used to play a lot when it first came out. Anyway its running on my i7 tower with a residential internet connection so it should be stable but probably not spectacular. PM me or email me if it goes down or has problems.
(email is nmagnessATgmailDOTcom)

#18 Edited by lightsoda (541 posts) -

"The sky has a smooth gradient" Yissss