All I Wanna Know: Better than the last one?

ono_sendai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I fully understand that none of the Spider-man games are all that great, but I have played most of them. I actually enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man 1 quite a bit.

So I'm just curious is this game better or worse than Amazing Spider-Man 1?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

Just buy Shattered Dimensions, it's much better than both the Amazing Spider-man Games.

Or maybe Web Of Shadows.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am finding it about on par with 1. It is not a great game by any stretch but it is decent. The combat needs a lot of work and the stealth is kind of pointless and easy, but they did get swinging around the city done pretty well. I wouldn't buy it full price but on sale it might be worth it if you are a fan of 1.

I still maintain Web of Shadows is the best Spiderman game that has been made, its only real big flaw to me was the empty city. I liked Shattered Dimensions, and whatever the sequel was called, but in my opinion a Spiderman game needs to be open world.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

Shattered Dimensions was quite good, especially considering what has come after. Not as good as Arkham Asylum by any means, but a decent game with a lot of Spider Man flavor.

The one downside is that it's not open world if that's what you're after. Also the Spider Man 2099 levels are not as good as the other 3 spider mans' levels. The Noir Levels are pretty awesome though. Even some reasonably good boss fights.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By emfromthesea

The best Spider-Man game is the one that was released in 2000, by Neversoft. But as web-swinging simulators go, this one looks alright. I'll probably get it on sale.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By altairre

I watched quite a bit of a walkthrough and it seems terrible. Bland, ugly looking city (especially at night), bugs, janky animations, really bad dialogue, the voice acting isn't great, Spiderman twitches around like a madman in nearly every cutscene and the combat and stealth (if you can even call it that) seems shallow. I like that they improved the swinging in that you have to press different buttons for webswings to the right and left but in my book that's not nearly enough to warrant a purchase.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the looks of it it's the exact same game. And how dare you say none of the Spider-Man games are all that great! Spider-Man 2 is widely regarded as being a fantastic game. Plus I personally loooooooove Ultimate Spider-Man on PS2/Xbox and Spider-Man 3 on the 360.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@sunbrozak said:

The best Spider-Man game is the one that was released in 2000, by Neversoft. But as web-swinging simulators go, this one looks alright. I'll probably get it on sale.

Best answer, fond memories of this game and played it constantly, don't go back to it though

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

From the looks of it it's the exact same game. And how dare you say none of the Spider-Man games are all that great! Spider-Man 2 is widely regarded as being a fantastic game. Plus I personally loooooooove Ultimate Spider-Man on PS2/Xbox and Spider-Man 3 on the 360.

Oh man how could I forget!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Spider-Man games have such a crazy legacy. Reviews all over the place on every one of em as well as fan reaction.

For me I really enjoyed Neversofts take which leaned on the cartoon. I thought the first game based on the movie was actually pretty fun. It was nearly a launch game on the ps2 if I remember right. I really liked Spider-Man 2 but don't go back and play that one kids, your nostalgia is mostly based on the open world web swinging, trust me. Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty fun on ps2 as well and had a nice style

I also didn't mind Spider-Man 3 either, wasn't great but not bad. Web of shadows I thought was excellent but was a big fan of shattered dimensions and the other one that slips my mind. As for The Amazing Spider-man I thought it was decent enough to scratch that web swinging itch but the combat was kind of like a bland ripoff of the Arkham series. I'll maybe pick this thing up when it's cheaper

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sackmanjones: There's only one thing I remember from Spiderman 3.

Loading Video...

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VioleGrace

I really enjoyed Web of shadows back when i played it , when i read that this one is a " movie adoption " i started thinking that it will suck , because good spiderman games are those that are not adopted and following a movie story line...

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pinner458: Fuck yeah, Ultimate is my favorite Spidey game too. It helps I love USM the comic too.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Amazing Spider-Man was a pretty great game, as far as Spider-Man games go. Tight controls, relatively few technical issues. It was by-the-book and straightforward, but it accomplished all it set out to do.

Spider-Man 2 is still the king on the throne here, guys. Let's be real.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just need to remame SM2 or Ultimate Spider-Man in HD on new consoles, I'd love to play either of those games again without digging out a PS2

MrSpacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The swinging feels better in ASM 2 than it has in a long, long time, and it has more compelling side content than the last game. It's tough to recommend at forty dollars, but it isn't the flaming piece of garbage you might expect.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The first ASM game was a decent Arkham clone, IMO. The story was a follow-up to the movie so it didn't feel like you were just playing the movie. Not sure how this one is tied to the new movie but from a Let's Play i saw it doesn't look like it spoils anything in the movie.

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only Beenox was actually given time to make one of these things I think it would turn out better than just an "arkham clone". I didn't like shattered dementions to much nor web of shadows but I did like ASM 1. This one is at the least better than the Spider-Man 3 game.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine the first game stripped of all the fun and given ps2 graphics and menu systems. Thats this game.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

First one is better on all fronts bro, all fronts and backs.... dat sweet sweet back. *makes dat ass face* Anywho, yeah.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Well, the Xbox One version is apparently garbage enough that it was postponed indefinitely, which probably doesn't speak well of the versions that weren't.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine the first game stripped of all the fun and given ps2 graphics and menu systems. Thats this game.

Have you ever played a PS2? I really wish people would stop saying that crap.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By TheHT

Fuckin A, Ultimate Spidey and Web of Shadows are the go-to open world Spider-Man games. First thing you do as Venom in Ultimate is eat a kid who loses his balloon (reference to one of the four Spider-Man 2 side-events where some kid keeps losing his balloon) and beat the shit out of Wolverine, it's great.

Sadly I've never played the proper Spider-Man 2, but the technical director/designer who apparently was behind the swinging in it is making something close enough. I have however played, to completion, the abysmal PC version of Spider-Man 2. Seriously, fuck that game and everyone who decided to make it.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man, now I really want to just go play Ultimate Spidey again...

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@hailinel said:

Well, the Xbox One version is apparently garbage enough that it was postponed indefinitely, which probably doesn't speak well of the versions that weren't.

It exists.

@genfuyung said:

Have you ever played a PS2? I really wish people would stop saying that crap.

Ha, I was just thinking this.

On a somewhat related note, if any game needs to update their menus and UI, it's the Lego games. Good lord.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero: yes I have. Have you ever played this shitty game that looks exactly like I said? If not...maybe be quiet?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

So you people are the problem.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah from what I tried of it, it was super janky. You're probably better off playing Shattered Dimensions, Web of Shadows, or even the first ASM game.