Rebirth Seed Sharing Thread

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By blzzzrrttt

New to Rebirth is the ability to share your seed with other people, allowing other players to play nearly identical runs. Have you had a run with an awesome synergy? Share it here and let some duders play it!

Your seed is shown on the pause screen during any given run and appears as a 8 character code. To input a seed, go to the character select screen and press tab (on PC, not sure how it works on other platforms) to input the seed. Seeded runs do not count towards your mom kills if you win, any new items you pick up in a seeded run aren't added to your collection either. Basically, seeded runs are just for fun not progress. Seeded runs will also have slight variation based on what you have unlocked.

When sharing seeds make sure to add some details (make sure to hide anything spoiler-y), make sure to include if you played as someone other than Isaac so other people can experience the same run!

Here's a couple I got:

J880 6DM7 - Play as any character. Also be sure to play on hard mode, this run is winnable but still challenging. Features a dice room.

YNW3 39KC - Play as any character. A lot of the items are bomb-focused.

6DHA FGMS - Play as Eden (if you can) should be playable with anyone though. Features a strange synergy and a dice room that gives an even stranger synergy!

98G7 307Q - Play as Judas (if you can). I hope you like cats!

Here's a list of "secret seeds" that are unique and offer odd effects, credits for finding these go to the Isaac community/wiki:

BOOB TOOB - Gives the game an arcade cabinet-like effect and filter

BRWN SNKE - Isaac leaves behind a trail of poop behind him wherever he walks

BL1N DEYE - Makes all enemies invisible

KAPP A - Turns Isaac grey, a reference to the twitch emote of the same name

DYSL EXIC - Scrambles ingame text

PTCH BLCK - Isaac and his tears are all black

FART SNDS - Replaces all sound effects with fart noises

CAMO K1DD - Isaac's skin changes to match the color of the floor

BASE MENT - Every floor is the basement (you cannot finish the game with this seed)

CHAM P1ON - Every enemy is a champion (colored) version

D0NT ST0P - You take damaage if you stop moving

KEEP AWAY - Dropped items mimic your movements

SLOW 4ME2 - Slows down the music when you stand still, speeds up when you move

COME BACK - Enemies and bosses respawn when you leave the room

DRAW KCAB - Inverts controls

MokeyMokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just had a great run right from the start. Died vs moms heart though :(

bfwg bfd4 - Played as azazel

there is a secret room with the Skeleton Key (99 keys item) on the left wall of the starting room

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1R62 S1AA - A simple Issac run with some very useful and fun items upfront. Don't be afraid to make a deal with the devil early on. The challenge level ramps up nicely and you are never too overpowered.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is a pretty great feature.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you still get trophies, unlocks, etc.. when using seeds?

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you do not get unlocks. I don't think you get ANYTHING but I'm not positive on the other stuff.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By blzzzrrttt

@citizencoffeecake: I'm not too sure, I haven't looked at any wikis or anything but if you play the Judas seed I posted you should unlock a few achievements if you haven't already transformed into Guppy.

EDIT: After playing a few runs here it seems your collection doesn't reflect any new items you pick up during a seeded run. Haven't tested unlocks however. I updated the OP with this new info.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh man I should have saved my broken run. I had rapid fire homing lasers. It was basically walk into a room, hold shoot and everything dies in a second or so. I only lost it because I got too cocky. It was really goofy.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

KGFC 9006 - Go with Azazel.

This leads to a really fun run, if you pick up the stone crushing item and the one that makes tears shoot out from a stationary position (Sorry, but I don't remember the item names.) on the first floor.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ben_H

Cain run (I still haven't finished) in which you get a luck booster early. This in combination with Cain's inate luck bonus makes things kinda nuts.

W8EA EFLW

edit: Yeah this one delivers. Just finished it off. Got through heaven to face Isaac and got him down to 1/4 health. Not bad for only 2 hearts remaining at the start of the fight. I won't delve into details but you do get an item that spawns spiders when you take damage. Use the blood banks to stock up on spiders before boss fights and you can beat most bosses insanely fast.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WesternWizard

8QZ1 - KJMZ as Isaac

Got Anti Grav tears, Brimstone (must get a deal on the 4th floor) and dark bum in an item room. Missed out on Sheol because I wanted to kill the heart first (teleport from a red chest) and then didn't get it when I killed the heart. So sad :(

If you've never used the combo Anti Grav Brim will seem bad, but play with it. The damage you do when you understand the combo is instant kill on non-bosses and I killed a few bosses in a single volley.

Edit: Oh yeah you can get Infestation 2 + the spider/fly boosting item synergy as well. Stupid, stupid damage.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

You want me to...share my seed? I'm not that kind of guy, sorry.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Do the seeds generate different dungeons on pc/ps4 and vita?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Fredchuckdave
No Caption Provided

This has been a fun run, Tiny Planet + Brimstone is amusing, planet is in the boss rush room but shouldn't have much trouble getting there. Can't lose at this point so I'm just curious how long Sissy Longlegs will take to kill the last 3 bosses.

lonewolf2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok for people who want op runs here you go play with azazel on hard it takes a min but you can get really over powered

Orft p44n

Oyk3g7za

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@dudeglove said:

So this seed is for Endings 14 and above

LZN7 9CQC Play as Magda.

Notes:

- You will get two angel rooms

- Don't be put off by Ipecac + Technology

I did this run, didn't get a second angel room though; I bought the Ph.D on the first floor and took a telepills, got an I AM ERROR room with 6 golden chests and Guppy's tail; the one chest I opened had Tammy's Head (interesting with Ipecac). There's also a ladder in the lower left rock of the first shop with Rainbow Baby inside. Golden chests over the course of the run gave me Guppy's Paw (with 11 heart containers), Fate, and Infamy.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fredchuckdave

My most powerful run, played Azazel for the third time ever but got technology in the first item room so basically it was a normal run with free flying and higher base damage (Tech actually works for some reason) Guppy + several damage upgrades/money = power. I one shot almost every room with tech so I'd accumulate a vast store of flies for the more difficult rooms/bosses. With Azazel the tech fire rate is quite low until you get Cricket's Body, then it goes nuts. Believe I took one hit in the entirety of the Dark Room/Sheol, but it's possible I didn't take any ("Boy" achievements seem buggy). Abaddon is absurdly good. I imagine it would be quite powerful with any character:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By TehPickle

I found this one particularly interesting, if nothing else because it wasn't possible to do this in WotL:

No Caption Provided

I don't know if you can make it out inn the background (or from 'my stuff') but I have the most insane train of pets ever.

Damage output stays low the entire way through, but survivability is through the roof! Interesting for sure, and reasonably challenging.

Oh I should point out that I'm currently Golden God, so that might affect the items you get in your run, if you aren't that far into it yet.

strings19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JYAT LWBP

Beat the evil path with Blue baby. Started decent, eventually getting Lud technique. Spoon bender had an interesting effect (mild homing). But then technology shows up and things get crazy. To top it off, Bum Friend appeared in a devil room to seal the deal. You could also hang onto a couple of worm effects that add to the party.

16wongmc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 16wongmc1

2940 fd7m-play as eden (flying and goes through rock)

rq7hkgqs-play as eden (explosive shots)

B496 ME27- eden (explosive shots and invincibility item but only 1 heart)

2ANP 57JE- eden (fly and boom box) first level: little brimstone and ball of bandages. second level: poison tears, magic scab. third level:

P2M7 K7KG- eden (temporary invinciblility, map) level1: ipepac (explosive shots)

CAZK 4XXK-eden (jump, the eating bug, wheel of fortune) level 1: stem cells, toothpicks level 2: technology, safety pin level 3: spelunky hat

A4F8 S93X- eden (ipeac explosive tears, bombs are key, horse thing which levitates), level 1: bob's curse

16wongmc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KKEX J9JE-eden (sister guppy, bowl thing) first level: miniboss on the right resulting <3, golden room dead bird, boss room screw. second level: golden room taurus, boss level growth hormones. third level: golden room gemini

AXSW D2DJ-eden (shovel, destroy rocks) first level: golden room lard. second level

4CC4 GMA0-eden (flying, white card thing) first level: golden room daddy longlegs!!, boss room ball of bandages. second level: golden room yum heart, boss room stem cells. third level: golden room monstros tooth, boss room box. fourth level: golden room blood of the maytr, boss room jesus juice. fifth level: golden room random friend, boss fight random. sixth level:golden room random,

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/692703-the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth/70519246?page=1#18

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

CNM1 KM18 (Normal PC) - First gold room is a Forget Me Now. After using it, the floor that is generated gives you a 5 Dice Room (resets the floor yet again).

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

don't have access to the game right now. but what would happen if you enter the seed DAVE LANG ?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vextroid said:

don't have access to the game right now. but what would happen if you enter the seed DAVE LANG ?

Nothing. Get fucked BoI!

I just saw this:

I died during one of the boss fights, so I have no idea which one has the trapdoor (or if both have a trapdoor!). You can play it yourself if you want to find out :P

A7MX GQY7 (Hard PC).

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: I believe the Hollow arbitrarily doesn't follow the rules of boss rooms.

harrybo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9lxv 1yyk

dead cat brimstone whore of babalon teleporter flameing mind gimpy i could only get up to caves to this was my first run on this

Cuked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cuked

BT4VET2S

PC\Isaac

No Caption Provided

Splash tears + full damage + a lot of black hearts + necronomicon + LOT of pills with tears up (15 minimun) COME ON, i killed mom in just 5 seconds. And holy mantle, almost forget. Blue map in the shop

I started a bit late because i was seeing a video, xD. If not i would win in 20 or 23 :p

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• 4KWS VXB5
  • Afterbirth [1001% save file]
  • Eden
  • PC
  • Hard

You start out with Blue Candle, Soy Milk, and Wiggle Worm. Wait, don't leave! I promise it gets better. The first item room has Libra, which suddenly makes you super powerful. There's also a bunch of other stat-boosters during the run to make Libra even better.