The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Discussion Thread

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

A thread to discuss all things Rebirth; item combinations, secrets, tips and tricks, whatever. Also, if it's something particularly insane, consider putting it in spoiler tags.

BTW: The pre-load is up on Steam and there's about 8 hours to go until it unlocks :D I'm really looking forward to doing some more Isaacing. I put 400+ hours into the original :o

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Mijati

Really annoyed this unlocks so late in the day. 6pm for a release is extremely frustrating.

PollySMPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm in there like swimwear. Can't wait to get to crackin' away at this new version. I dumped about 75 hours in one month into the original and expansion earlier this year and I've been feeling the itch to get back to it. I can't think of a better way than just waiting for Rebirth to drop. ;D

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Got it preloading on steam, hopefully I'll be able to buy it on the vita later tonight, need some isaac on the bus.

Really looking forward to getting back into it, new item combinations, much bigger rooms and less flash all seem like fantastic things.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I'm pretty stoked for it. I liked the first game a lot, and Im keen to get into the new one. Hype!

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Really looking forward to not having to screw with joytokey to use a game pad, i hated messing with that.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any idea on when the NA PSN will update?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might as well get a few Isaac runs in while I wait... for, err, Isaac.

Had an awesome run recently in which Epic Fetus dropped right away, and almost every pill was a health up. Every time I get a run like that, I get addicted all over again.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kinda annoying I have to wait after work to play it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me a d*ck or whatever but I feel like this should have been an update for anyone who owned the original.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Looks so tight. I never got too far in the original, but it was enjoyable. Might be awhile before I jump into this one though.

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played a ton of this when it first came out, but was super bummed that all the achievements on the mac version were screwed up and even though I completed some of them I never received them. Super pumped to play this on PS4.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By regularassmilk

I'll be waiting around until it shows up on the PSN store, but I'm really excited! Have heard it name-dropped a lot, but have gone out of my way to not learn anything about it since I heard it was coming to Plus. Excited to check it out.

Can't really say the same for Steamworld Dig, but who knows.

strings19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinner458 said:

Call me a d*ck or whatever but I feel like this should have been an update for anyone who owned the original.

I think the word that would be used in the games industry is "Entitled"! (just a joke, not really angry with you)

This is the first game I have been excited to play on my PS4. I will see soon, but all of the previews looked much tougher when compared to the base game. I hope going back to a controller is not too tough, this is one of the only games I felt comfortable using a keyboard instead of controller.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sadsadsad
@pinner458 said:

I'm half-expecting it to appear in the Humble Bundle BTA, in 90 minutes.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Personally waiting for the PSN store to update so I can get my PS + copy. Psyched to jump back in to this game.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wah I'm watching this Northernlion run here with 10 minutes left until it unlocks, and I could not be more excited!

Wah!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

be nice if my pc recognized my goddamn dualshock 4...

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looking forward to picking this up on plus when it drops later today.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN version, where art thou?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GO!

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just unlocked ... woohooo to play it !!!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of item combinations, it's not new, but Brimstone plus homing tears has a great new interaction. The beam will warp, I was able to hit three sections of mom at once.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ripelivejam

Haha now my pc's not shutting down properly. Thanks BoI! (Not really, but it is still fun to blame something entirely unrelated)

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished my first run ... beat Mom ... er the games runs pretty smoothly , you can really tell it is at 60 fps... altho I did get slow downs granted my Laptop is no more top of the line and had a crazy new item that leaves a trail of bloodstain all over the place so yeah no wonder this old hardware couldnt keep up , but nothing worse than vanilla Issac so no biggie. Also love the new sound design and the artwork , wish I could palying it all day but have to do some real life stuff and eat to do :/ well hope you all like it , I sure have.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ares42

First run and I get full guppy on the third floor... and then on the last floor just before mom I get some new insane item that gave me tears bigger than isaac (but shrank rapidly). Mom died in less than a second...

As for the game I'm really disappointed that there's no mouse support. I just can't play this game with only keyboard, so I guess I'll try out controller. Still, sucks having to change after 100+ hours of mouse and keyboard. I'm also not overly impressed by the music so far, but the rest of the sound design is great. Not really sure what else to say, it's more BoI, it's great. It feels smoother, and the new story-telling/endings seem enticing.

Edit: second game, guppy again... seems to almost be too many guppy items in the game now.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chiablo

So Rebirth has an absurd amount of achievements, 178 total. Despite the game being out for a trivial amount of time, 10% of players have the platinum god achievement.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/250900/achievements

So are there that many achievement hackers, or does Valve not correctly collect and display achievement data on new releases?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By csl316

Well, I really need to speed home from work to get on this. Isaac's so damn good.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@chiablo said:

So Rebirth has an absurd amount of achievements, 178 total. Despite the game being out for a trivial amount of time, 10% of players have the platinum god achievement.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/250900/achievements

So are there that many achievement hackers, or does Valve not correctly collect and display achievement data on new releases?

I suspect it's mainly just people hacking, yeah. Lots of that around.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#32  Edited By blzzzrrttt

Man, I've been playing this since it unlocked and it's safe to say it's my game of the year so far. The synergies are so fun to play with and they're exactly the sort of thing Isaac needed to make it fresh. I've only found one crazy one so far when I got anti-gravity tears + brimstone and I also might've found an item that leads to a new transformation, can't say for certain yet.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two runs in, and it's everything I hoped for. Absolutely awesome. And it runs beautifully on my bare-bones laptop.

One thing, though: The game might need some rebalancing. In my two runs, I beat Mom and Mom's Heart with zero trouble. I became insanely powerful both times, and steamrolled everything. Maybe I just got lucky, but going by that NorthernLion video, I think some tweaking may be in order.

Oh, thanks for that! I thought my keyboard was dying.

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man... so excited. SO EXCITED! (getting ps4 version, already have humble-bundle era Isaac + expansion)

terach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone wondering, not compatible with Vita TV. :(

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terach said:

For anyone wondering, not compatible with Vita TV. :(

Pretty sure they said they were gonna update it to work with it. Even said they would consider adding in coop for that version. Forgot where I saw that, but I'm 100% sure I did.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NeoCalypso

@shagge: Yeah even going in on hard mode straight away I was able to beat mom on my second run ever. Granted she isn't exactly the hardest boss, I think some of the items you can get right off the bat are way too strong to not be unlockables.

Like the virgo thing that gives you a (extremely long lasting) shield when you get hit and that mask that cuts down damage by half.

Also I think this newest call of duty is actually pretty awesome. But I can't help but be a little happy to see there are twice as many people playing BoI than they are that on Steam.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN version is live! So excited!!!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

So good playing it on the Vita. The new sound effects and music are a bit weird, but I figure I'll get used to them.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I finished it first time, but every run since then I have suuuuuuucked.

I hope someone creates a mod to add the soundtrack of the original. Not as a replacement. In addition to the new one.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, can a PlayStation person confirm or deny whether the 50% discount item is still called "Steam Sale"?

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would have bought this otherwise but since it's part of PS Plus I'll wait for that.

So come the 9th or whenever Sony recognizes it's November!

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot: Looks like it's up on PSN now I just grabbed it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Died pretty quickly on my first run. Then I started my second run and managed to beat mom, the updated daddy long legs item is amazing.

Really enjoying this so far.

Avatar image for screaming_beagles
screaming_beagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do the big rooms make anyone else motion-sick?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Aetheldod

So in my 5th run I beated Sheol and Satan with Eve ; love Eve and now the wh*** of babylon works with 1 heart no need to have it on 1/2 anymore , so now it works on the womb and on Sheol and I suppose on the cathedral so with a couple of pacts with Satan I was able to keep it at 1 heart and the Babylon buff activated most of the time. Here is a pic with Eve and family that beated up Satan

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With all the stuff I used.

I also ran in to a new room but will put on a spoiler tag for yee folks who wish to go green in to the game:

So if you see a door with some wood boards like the use 2 bombs to unlock it and you will arrive to what I suppose is Isaacs´ room:

Isaacs´ room?
Isaacs´ room?

I was wondering what to do in it until it occured to me to place a bomb on the carpet:

Voila .... a trap door which well ,  is a trap door takes you to the next level!!!
Voila .... a trap door which well , is a trap door takes you to the next level!!!

I wonder if it will appear on the womb or not , but regardless I hope there is more stuff like this in the game :D

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheBlue

@aetheldod: Aw man, I just found Isaac's room too. Didn't even think to bomb the floor, I just bombed the bed instead. Though there was a little dude asking for keys in there. I gave him one, not sure what that does.

This game is pretty neat. Just did a couple runs and beat Mom. Then I saw all the unlockable stuff, endings, and challenges and now I'm overwhelmed. They crammed a lot into this game.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dan_CiTi

It's so good. I'm really pissed about the bug I ran into. I was on a great run with Azarel, close to beating Mom and now the game basically soft-locked and is at this loading screen...just in the middle of being in a room and I guess I have to restart. It's a huge bummer, it was a crazy run and I had my luck up to at least +4 and was getting so much, like all the Tarot cards I wanted and had Death saved for the boss. The new stuff is wonderful, so far a much better version of the game besides that pretty game breaking bug that took the wind out of my sails.

EDIT: OMG I EXISTED THE APPLICATION AND I COULD CONTINUE FROM THAT FLOOR (it "refeshed the floor" but still! I love life!!)

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

From what I saw of Patrick's stream they've changed a lot of the game. Be interested to see it in full.