#1 Posted by shivermetimbers (765 posts) -

Seriously, this game doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves. It deals with the hardships of living with depression in a mature manner and features one of the best female protagonists in gaming. Honestly, this is something Patrick Kleplek would go nuts over if he were to check it out. It's something depressing and macabre for the holiday season.

#2 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3198 posts) -

Every time I hear the words cat lady I think of the lady who throws cats at people from the Simpsons and that weird old lady who used to go to my local super market and always smelt like cat piss.

#3 Posted by m3ds334 (38 posts) -

Hey thanks for bringing this up. This looks pretty interesting.

#4 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

Hey, I just got a code for this game from the publisher as a Christmas present and I already have it on Steam. Is there someone who would really like to play this game?

I know there is a lot of people who probably wouldn't mind owning the game, but I'd like give the code to someone who is actually going to play it because it is amazing.

#5 Edited by ShaggE (6415 posts) -

I've been hoping Patrick would play this for almost a year now. It is just so, so good. In fact, I'll tag @patrickklepek again just in case. I'd love to hear his thoughts on it.

#6 Edited by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

@shagge said:

I've been hoping Patrick would play this for almost a year now. It is just so, so good. In fact, I'll tag @patrickklepek again just in case. I'd love to hear his thoughts on it.

I have spammed his PM box twice with this now too... I feel a bit shitty about it, but this is such a Patrick game it's insane that he hasn't played it.

#7 Posted by joshwent (2166 posts) -

Could you folks comment on the horror in the game. Is it like jump scares and sudden loud sounds and stuff, or more just unsettling and eerie.

I'm really interested in this game, but I hate shit popping out at me unless it's strictly a horror experience (which this obviously isn't). Thanks!

#8 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

@joshwent said:

Could you folks comment on the horror in the game. Is it like jump scares and sudden loud sounds and stuff, or more just unsettling and eerie.

I'm really interested in this game, but I hate shit popping out at me unless it's strictly a horror experience (which this obviously isn't). Thanks!

As I remember there isn't much jump scares in the game. It's definitely not a horror game. It's more sad and unsettling in it's themes than anything else. There is one very jumpy thing early in the game which I thought was excellent. Apart from that one instance I really don't remember anything else like that.

#9 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2094 posts) -

I got this on GOG and had to stop because it triggered a lot of personal stuff. I hope I can go back and finish it when I'm in a better mindset.

#10 Edited by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

I got this on GOG and had to stop because it triggered a lot of personal stuff. I hope I can go back and finish it when I'm in a better mindset.

Yeah... It's not an easy game to play, but very rewarding. You should finish it because it actually offers some solace. Although I think there are different endings.

#11 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3794 posts) -

Interesting. Going to look out for this one, thanks guys.

#12 Edited by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

Screw it, whoever gets it first:

#13 Posted by Tedtded (37 posts) -

This game is really interesting.

#14 Posted by WesleyWyndam (153 posts) -
#15 Edited by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -
#16 Edited by GaspoweR (2957 posts) -

AH HA!!! SO ALL OF YOU ARE @patrickklepek GAME SUGGESTION SPAMMERS!!! YOU ARE ALL GUILTY!!! SPAMMERS!!!! :D

#17 Posted by Vuud (1954 posts) -

Does this involve black magic, freaky-assed cults, and/or aliens? Inquiring minds want to know.

#18 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

@vuud said:

Does this involve black magic, freaky-assed cults, and/or aliens? Inquiring minds want to know.

It has a supernatural premise, but it's not the main focus.

#19 Posted by fullmetal5550 (345 posts) -

Great game. Absolutely love it. Susan Ashworth and Mitzi Hunt are two of my new favorite game characters.