Another stress test 2/7/14 - 2/10/14

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Signed up a long long long time ago. To the point where I'm in other invite only betas and completely forgot about this until I received this.

No Caption Provided

The rest of this email did include a beta key, which they do say lets you continue to advance in the next beta test. However right now it is useless outside of account creation and preloading the game.

Problem I have is, well, according to the email title, The Elder Scrolls Online Beta: Help Us Break the Record!, feels a bit scummy.

I'd be happy to test and provide feedback on your game and my rig free of charge, but not allowing me to play,character create, even login or see login screen news until Friday at noon ?

Notice how the red text points out be there at noon on a weekend is the record requirement.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A whole lot of things feel scummy, it still rubs me the wrong way that we are sitting here right now, less than 2 months from the games retail release and that NDA is still in full effect.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnit, second time I've gotten in, second time I was sure it was Wildstar beta when I saw a new mail...

Kronk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone is playing this weekend, my user id is @Kronk22 . I'm an orc (which is Daggerfall Covenant).

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nightriff

I am tempted to try and get a beta key a playing it on my night shift tonight....it would be my first MMO by myself as I played 3 hours of WoW with a friend and hated it.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm thinking of giving it a go... I'm curious to see if it plays like a MMO or an Elder scrolls game.

Kronk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels more like a MMO than a Elder Scrolls game definitely. Not impressed so far, but I give zero fucks about any Elder Scrolls story/lore so that might be a thing for you?

Also, If you have any Questions about the game, I'll try to answer them.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@wolfgame said:

A whole lot of things feel scummy, it still rubs me the wrong way that we are sitting here right now, less than 2 months from the games retail release and that NDA is still in full effect.

A lot of NDAs don't expire until the week or even the day before release. They don't want people talking about it 2 months before release and then forget about by the time it comes out.

Kronk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is roughly 30GB, but I Think it only downloads ~20 and unpacks to 30.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Make sure you have about 50 GB free though to install it. Hopefully it's not still like this but last time I tried to install it with about 40 free, it downloaded and started installing with no space warnings, got almost to the end and then told me I was out of space. And then I couldn't resume the installation without redownloading the entire thing from 0%. I was amazed.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By joshwent
@cid798 said:

Problem I have is, well, according to the email title, The Elder Scrolls Online Beta: Help Us Break the Record!, feels a bit scummy.

What? The point of this beta seems like it's mostly them pushing their current server setup as much as possible, so they want as many people playing simultaneously as they can. It's even called "stress test session".

How is that "scummy"?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ajamafalous
@joshwent said:
@cid798 said:

What? The point of this beta seems like it's mostly them pushing their current server setup as much as possible, so they want as many people playing simultaneously as they can. It's even called "stress test session".

How is that "scummy"?

Yeah, think he missed the red text in the box of his image.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

A lot of NDAs don't expire until the week or even the day before release. They don't want people talking about it 2 months before release and then forget about by the time it comes out.

At least be honest, go talk to EQ Landmark, Wildstar and countless other mmos and tell me that is still true. The most recent example of an MMO that has kept its NDA up this long was Final Fantasy 14's FIRST release, I am not saying that is a sign of this games quality, mainly because the NDA lift only applies to media and not your average player right now. I am saying that your assertion that most mmos are holding NDA's in place with only a week or day left until release is completely inaccurate.