An Awesome New The Evil Within Trailer!

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By theacidskull

It's absolutely amazing! I cannot wait for this game! Ever new content seems to reassure me that this is going to be fan-fucking-tastic surveil horror game!

UPDATE!:

The new trailer gives some great insight on the villains and monster we are about to face! Looks fucking awesome! This games looks more insightful and layer with each new content!

I was particularly intrigued by the versatility of Sebastian's weapons! Looks like they are borrowing and improving some of the dead space elements as well! :D

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Crimson city? Really? That's kind of amazing. The creatures really remind me of something from Tetsuo: Iron Man, if nothing else I love the design in this game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Whoa, this looks kinda awesome.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wampa1 said:

Crimson city? Really? That's kind of amazing. The creatures really remind me of something from Tetsuo: Iron Man, if nothing else I love the design in this game.

I know right? Very creative and interesting! I simply cannot way!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm still not convinced this will be any good, but I'm ever hopeful. At the very least, it's definitely nailing the aesthetic of a B-horror gorefest.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust

It looks awesome!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

I'm still not convinced this will be any good, but I'm ever hopeful. At the very least, it's definitely nailing the aesthetic of a B-horror gorefest.

I have a feeling the critical reception may be mixed, and this is coming from someone that's over the moon excited for this game.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@sunbrozak said:

I have a feeling the critical reception may be mixed, and this is coming from someone that's over the moon excited for this game.

It'll probably be the melee combat that will set people off. I'm pretty sure that's the right design choice, it'll make the enemies more difficult to fight head on. Downpour received similar criticism.

Also, the fact that the story is not arranged in chronological order, and the fact that it's up to the player to put two and two together, thous who didn't understand what was happening will probably get pissed too.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it'll get a mixed response, it doesn't look particularly smooth, but that seems like a design decision (Vanquish showed that Mikami can head up a super fast super smooth action game if he wants) and that could really put people off. At worst we'll get a completely competent game, the team behind it has too much experience to put out something totally broken.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I think at least part of my suspicions is related to how The Last of Us was of course universally praised for its story, yet its slow, survivalist combat mechanics (which I think are superb for the record) were much more divisive I noticed. Or I dunno, if it really is Resident Evil 4 2.0 then maybe they'll love it.

Regardless, this is one of those games where the reviews are likely to mean nothing to me.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@yummylee said:

@sunbrozak said:

For lack of a better word, I'm worried about the polish. The history of Japanese horror games leaves me skeptical. Still, I've enjoyed my fair share of Japanese horror games despite their shortcomings, so even if it doesn't blow my mind I'll probably enjoy this one.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@theacidskull: I think at least part of my suspicions is related to how The Last of Us was of course universally praised for its story, yet its slow, survivalist combat mechanics (which I think are superb for the record) were much more divisive I noticed. Or I dunno, if it really is Resident Evil 4 2.0 then maybe they'll love it.

Regardless, this is one of those games where the reviews are likely to mean nothing to me.

Well the interviews Shinki Mikami gave seemed to indicate that he was trying to go in a different direction and give survival horror fans what they wanted. The reviews will mean jack to me too but I think the reception will indeed be mixed, either on the story on the gameplay.

The story is less linear and much more arranged like a mystery according to a recent Behind The Scenes segment, but maybe that'll work in the games favor since it'll great more of a puzzle and a mystery. Either ways, whether good, mediocre, or bad, this game definitely has it's appeal with the character designs and the general aesthetic.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new trailer, you guys!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That thumbnail... Good Lord.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

That thumbnail... Good Lord.

Must be tough trying to avoid all TEW content >:P

Moldiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I heard was bad stuff about this game and now all I see is how awesome it looks...what happened?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By theacidskull

@moldiver said:

All I heard was bad stuff about this game and now all I see is how awesome it looks...what happened?

More content was released, the game was polished and you know, other stuff like that.

Coreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm scaredly excited.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know when the review embargo lifts for this?