New update adds full screen mode

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Bethesda blog post about the update

This might make me finally pick the game up, on the condition they did it the right way. If they're just cutting off the sides of the 2.35:1 ratio to 16:9 and then zooming in, then fuck that.

If anyone one has the game, or finds any photos of this feature online, I'd appreciate you posting them here.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's nice that they were finally able to adapt their cinematic vision to modern standards. I wonder if thats going to have a performance impact on the game?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Oh, so that's what the mysterious patch does. A little late, and I have to wonder how this would impact console performance... Got really excited that the patch may have been preparing for more DLC or something =(

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It seems to be pretty big (about 5GB) for just a full screen option

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@bocam: Theres also some difficulty balancing thrown in there but yah, not sure where 5gb's are being spent for that. I assume that has something to do with performance.

dotkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Here are two screenshots I just took, with letterbox on and off.

Field of view isn't changed, so we get "more image" without the letterbox. The weird thing is that lighting changes a bit... The letterboxed one has more contrast and the lamps' light is "harder".

I just fired up the game to take these screenshots, and I noticed this after downloading them to my PC, so I can't really say if the change in lighting comes with this option or if it is just a coincidence. I also can't tell you much about performance because I haven't played the game since the update.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By NTM

@rongalaxy: Really? That's awesome. That really was a big issue I had, but not so much as I played through it, as I was thinking about other stuff. After I play Arkham Knight (which I got just now) I'll definitely try it again. I thought they were only doing it on PC, and I thought that was really unfortunate. An FOV option would be nice too. Full screen is a nice addition. Thank you for letting us know! That said, doesn't this change the way the game looks due to resolution, at least marginally? The full screen option is certainly enough reason for me to want to jump back in, when I hadn't thought I would otherwise.