The Assignment Impressions (mostly spoiler free)

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Completely focused on stealth, makes situations more tense but was arguably the weakest part of the main game. Stealth mechanics have been added including a cover system and the ability to call out to enemies to distract them.

Lots of fleshing out of the shadowy organisation behind STEMs funding and some backstory dealing with Dr. Jiminez. Ultimately though, if you were disappointed by the ending of the main game this DLC isn't going to change your mind or fill in the gaps.

A few new enemy types including an excellently unnerving new boss-type character.

If you're a fan of the original story, you'll get a lot of delving in to the scraps of world-building they've included here and at 10 bucks you're getting a good chunk of game (about 4 hours). However the gameplay they've added here is pretty bare-bones and not especially challenging.

I'd say if you are interested, pick it up. If you didn't like the story to begin with, skip it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I already got the season pass so it's already paid for!.. Surprised to hear it has a focus on stealth and staying out of combat, especially since the stealth was easily TEW proper's weakest element. Curious to play it for myself, though I wanted to get through Revelations 2 Episode 3 first.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LeStephan

First off I LOVE TeW despite it's serious shortcomings.

That said, I also thought the stealth parts were indeed by far the weakest. Already bought the season pass though and its not like I wouldn't have wanted to check it out for myself anyways. Cant wait till I have the time to check it out tomorow.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ezekiel

You've said pretty much all there is to say.

The new save method is nice. No longer do you have to teleport from the areas to get to the typewriter.

I like the art. The architecture is stylish.

Also, I like how dark everything is and having to rely on the flashlight for light as well as puzzles.

The psychological aspect of The Evil Within is neat. I hope to see more of that in the next DLC.

One big issue I have with the DLC is that you can't walk with a keyboard. I'm using a controller because of that. Fortunately for that, there is almost no shooting.

I wonder how involved Mikami was, if at all. I know another director was in charge of this and I feared it would be a lesser game because of it, but it was surprisingly good for a DLC.