Unlocked Early on Steam

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By randyf

Steam just notified me that my game had finished downloading, which I thought was strange because a) I had already preloaded b) the game wasn't to be unlocked for several more hours. Well, I was able to launch it and start playing.

Has anyone else's game unlocked early?

Game seems pretty good so far. Not so much "scary" as it is tense. It also looks real pretty on my PC.

EDIT: I posted this in later posts, but I'll add it here.

Here are the graphical options: Fullscreen on/off, resolution, anti-aliasing, shadow quality, motion blur, SSAO, and reflections. No options for texture quality. No V-Sync options.

Game is locked at 30FPS but can be unlocked with a console command, although it apparently causes graphical quirks.

I am running a GTX 780, i7 3770k 3.5 GHz, and 16GB of RAM. It has run absolutely fine so far with no frame rate drops.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Can you go through some of the graphics options and talk about what your system is like and what kind of performance you're getting if you have time?

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By NeoCalypso

Weird, Alien:Isolation unlocked a day early as well. Wonder what's up with that. Are they just getting to whatever timezone hits 12:00 am first and then just going "aw the hell with it" and unlocking everywhere?

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By randyf

The graphics options are very slim: Fullscreen on/off, resolution, anti-aliasing, shadow quality, motion blur, SSAO, and reflections. No options for texture quality. Also, the game is locked to 30 FPS, although there is a console command to remove this (which apparently causes quirks). It runs fine at 30, though.

I have a GTX 780, Core i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, and 16gb of RAM.

Also, the mouse acceleration is real bad. I'm sure there's a way to fix it, but the default setting is unplayable. Use a controller if you have that option.

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso: Yeah, I don't know. It's weird because the Steam page still says it's got hours until it unlocks.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Locked to 30 FPS? I might actually be able to play this then. My poor 560 ti can't handle most games at 60 anymore, and I might as well take the constant 30. Really sad to hear the PS4 version has frame rate issues, such a shame.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@randyf: Any framerate drops so far? That sounds like my PC build, except I have an i7-4790k 4.0 GHz.

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matpaget: Absolutely no frame rate drops as of yet, but I've only played for about half an hour.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randyf: Are you running at 1080p? What are the resolution settings like?

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matpaget: Yeah, I'm at 1080p. My monitor doesn't go any higher than that so I can't tell if there are any higher resolutions or not. There are no refresh rate or V-Sync options.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randyf: Huh, so I guess Bethesda's whole "You need 4 GB VRAM to run The Evil Within at 1080p30" wasn't true? Either way, I think I'll still stick it until reviews come out on this one.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By cornbredx

That happens a lot on steam. I can't remember which game (maybe Watch_Dogs? or maybe Dark Souls 2) I've pre-ordered and it unlocked early.

I take it as a sign that it's ready enough and won't affect whatever contracts they have with brick and mortar or whatever, but who knows. It could be a glitch in the matrix.

I agree with everyone else (as I'm working on writing my October 2014 blogs so I won't get to this for a couple of days). I am interested to know what graphical settings and performance are like if you or anyone else who has unlocked the game early has time to talk about it. If not that's fine, most others will have it by tomorrow and it will be on the forum anyway. I'm certainly not against learning it ASAP, though. I'm pretty excited to play this game.

Edit: oh, ha! You did mention that stuff later haha =P

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: I edited the main post to add the graphics options. Thanks!

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Garris

I'm into chapter 3 after 1.5 hours and I have a few cons but I'm enjoying myself otherwise.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About an hour in. My one thing, voice acting is so/so. But if you liked RE4, you'll probably be into this.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso:

I wish. Australian here, despite it stating that the game unlocks on the 15th for us (14th today for me as I write this), the time it states in which it will unlock actually places it at about 1-2am on the 16th.

Edit: It's not that big of a deal (still unlocks eventually), but this stuff has been happening more and more often on Steam recently, with the store having one release day while the actual unlock time is later.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will probably pick this up on a steam sale. I love me some RE4, but man for whatever reason don't seem to want to pull the trigger on this one.