#1 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

A few years ago I bought a PS3 to play the Last Guardian. We all know how that has turned out. The game was delayed and then disappeared into obscurity. I really thought it was dead forever.

In a recent interview, though, Fumito Ueda still says the game is "under earnest development."

But I feel like I've lost my excitment for this game. Hopefully, if/when we ever actually see something new from the game it will rekindle my passion to see what the makers of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus can do with what must be the PS4.

Perhaps when I finally get a PS4, it will be for this game. Let's hope it turns out better this time.

Article from Polygon.

#2 Edited by erhard (379 posts) -

It looked like complete crap last time they showed gameplay so they probably need to redo the visuals or just make it a PS4 game.

#3 Posted by Twinsun (469 posts) -

@erhard: When was that? Do you have a link?

#4 Posted by probablytuna (3524 posts) -

As long as he said he's still working on it, there is still hope.

#5 Posted by falserelic (5278 posts) -

It's been delayed so many times I lost interest in the game.

#6 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

At this point I'm not sure who's gonna care when the game gets a release date (if it gets one.)

#7 Posted by Fattony12000 (6958 posts) -

Half-Life 3.

#8 Edited by leebmx (2198 posts) -

Half-Life 3.

I think there is way more chance of seeing Half Life 3 than The Last Guardian. I suppose they would just not mention it if they were trying to let it quietly die, but it feels like a game which is never going to see the light of day.

#9 Edited by Creamypies (4044 posts) -

Just cancel it already.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (23680 posts) -

Remember when people were excited for this game? I mean really, really excited? Now compare that feeling to the way people feel now. Malaise, doubt, the urge to make Duke Nukem Forever references.

What kind of clusterfuck have you got brewing, Sony?

#11 Edited by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

I dunno. Maybe my excitement would be higher if we were talking about a guy who has made four or five "special" games but I know if I can really put this kind of hope and faith in a team that only has two games under their belt - especially when that last game was released almost a decade go.

#12 Posted by Humanity (8714 posts) -

It's cool that he says so.

#13 Posted by RonGalaxy (2839 posts) -

What happens if/when it gets a release date and it looks awesome, will people still hold a juvenile grudge against it because it took so long to make?

#14 Edited by RicoismynamE (17 posts) -

Stop it please i can't take more speculation for this game, just make it already!! its the main reason why i am still holding on to my ps3. come on SCE Japan get the finger out.

#15 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

What happens if/when it gets a release date and it looks awesome, will people still hold a juvenile grudge against it because it took so long to make?

Yes, it's the internet. I can't wait for whenever it comes out personally.

#16 Posted by billymagnum (711 posts) -

if/when this game does come out, its going to be under the biggest critical magnifying glass the world has ever seen.

#17 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

Someone should just make one big game called Game 3 that has everything from Half-Life 3, Last Guardian and Shenmue 3 in it.

#18 Edited by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

@naru_joe93 said:

I'm sure they will but it will be tempered by an equal amount of juvenile Team Ico and Sony Exclusive! worship. So it's a wash.

#19 Edited by xyzygy (9868 posts) -

This was the reason I bought my PS3. And MGS4 but we all know how divisive that game is (AKA I can't stand it). So please. RELEASE SOON

#20 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

So he said that Knack and Puppeteer are the primary focus right now AND that the studio still has unannounced titles with unknown priority. Puppeteer is set to come out September 10th and Knack on November 15th. So if no news arrives during TGS, maybe after those two are out of the way, we'll get something.

#21 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4137 posts) -

And then it comes out on PS3.

#22 Edited by Brodehouse (9519 posts) -

Yeah, it'll come in a pack with Final Fantasy Versus 13, Half-Life 3, Prey 2 and Agent.

#23 Edited by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

I TOLD YOU.

Okay no I didn't. But this game is the reason I bought a PS3 and damn it I'm gonna keep waiting for it.

#24 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Yeah, it'll come in a pack with Final Fantasy Versus 13, Half-Life 3, Prey 2 and Agent.

That one doesn't work with Versus 13 any more because Versus 13 has been renamed Final Fantasy 15 and that will most definitely come out.