Avatar image for dukesideofthemoon
dukesideofthemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dukesideofthemoon

...the vase before Elle did? It just looked too pristine, I could not leave it alone (also I thought it might be an achievement). Was pretty funny to see the scripted even play out with phantom vase breaking sounds after I did it also.

I'm loving the game, just a lot of very minor stuff like this poking through the polish. Anyone else encounter funny stuff like this in the scripting?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I did. Got confused because there was no sound when I broke it. Then walked forward a little and heard her break something and couldn't figure out what it was, then I noticed and started laughing.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yep. It was a nice looking breakable thing. I had a 2 by 4. It's just nature.

balrogsbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i knew it was going to be a thing that she would break but i thought that it would alert some clickers that may have been hanging around

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I didn't break it, but it definitely stood out to me in the environment. That's pretty amusing that the scripted event just plays out with a ghost vase, you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to account for the player smashing it with a different scripted dialog.

The only thing I've noticed as far as the game "breaking" and pulling me out of the fiction is when your companions run around right in front of enemies and outright bumping into them without being detected. Of course I'd rather that happen than them blowing my cover, but in a game that is all about this cinematic immersion it's really jarring to see. I think they could have at the very least hid that better by just having the AI park it's ass behind cover until you get far enough ahead and then just catching up. But instead they're antsy little devils that are popping up and running right up on you every few seconds, and all that does is shine a big old spotlight on the problem.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I smashed it, even in NG+. Had no idea it was something Ellie would interact with.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By cornbredx

Weird. No I didn't since the game very much pressures you to be quiet.

That seems like something QA should have picked up, though- seems pretty simple to find that. Weird they wouldn't fix something like that.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not. Now I'm sad.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes! Same thing. I wondered why there was no audio for the breakage and then Ellie goes wandering over there.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@vinone: It's during the downtown segment with Tess and Ellie. I had to look it up on Youtube (skip to about 3min) because this didn't ring any bells for me. I'm sure if I had broken the scripting I would've remembered it more vividly.