• 84 results
Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

next time read a review or something lol.. I am sorry you thought it was gears of war.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By handlas

@alexw00d said:

Really not surprised by who the OP is. Dear me.

Yep. I thought that profle pic looked familiar. Same guy that said Uncharted and those games look bad. Same guy that said Bioshock Infinite is bad. And now Last of Us is boring after 30 minutes so he'll trade it for a $20 gift card.

Care to share what you do like sir? Certainly a game with a story is not up your alley. Perhaps a good B-Ball game is more your thang? BLOPS 2 is a good choice.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cannot tell if trolling. Legitimately hope so.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the OP that this game is no fun. It sucks you in with a great opening, then the gameplay grinds everything to a halt.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

This is not really a good game at all. The only story is delivered through notes that you have to search for, or pre rendered, or clearly scripted cut scenes. In comparison uncharted 3, that also had notes, were mostly related to side stories. The main narrative, told through interactive scripted cut scenes, while still being scripted, kept you involved and emotionally attached to drake and the others. At no point, while watching the many cut scenes of what's his name and Ellen Paige did I ever feel involved, because I was only included when they wanted to shoot something.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

It's gripping from the beginning. After that, it becomes a compelling piece of video game artistry. If you aren't yelling at the screen, your'e not playing it right and you all suck! It's a goddamn video game, play the motherfucker. If you don't like it, play some other shit. This game was pretty fucking goddamn awesome.

Dauthi693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think FUN is the wrong criteria for these sort of games.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#58  Edited By Atlas

Did the online gaming community over-hype The Last of Us? Yes, I think so. Is it a bad game, or even a mediocre one? Fuck no. Is it a game that caters to your interests? Apparently not. It's a fairly long game, and there are parts towards the end that even people who really like it, like me, found to be tedious, so I'd quit while you're ahead.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jdh5153 said:

Kind of thinking of trading it in and just picking up Black Ops II on PS3 (have it on Xbox, but can't think of anything better)

I fucking love this line. Well done, sir, well done! Grade-A trolling, indeed.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I guess I'm kind of in the minority on this game. I thought the gameplay was great from the start and for the first half or so really awesome for the most part, it was a nice evolution of RE 4. Then as it went on the problem was that it was pretty stale, not adding basically anything to the mix (no new enemies, mostly the same weapons, etc). It was still good though.

And the story.... I think it's pretty well told and I admire it's restraint in a videogame but it also just is pretty basic, predictable, and to me, underwhelming by the end. By the end I kind of just had a "so the point of all that was?" feeling, which maybe is the point, but it wasn't very satisfying to look back on. And in particular the "David" part felt like something that was completely unnecessary, a whole pointless section that seemed as if it was tying into something larger but really didn't.

I've seen a lot of people in particular say the "writing" is excellent... is it? I think the delivery is, not the writing. There were no memorable lines and as I said the plot was pretty basic.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Why hasn't this clown been banned yet?? I mean seriously.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Unless he's actually trolling, I don't think "bad opinions" should be enough to get you banned.

Anyways, I really liked the story of TLoU. I mean, it's pretty standard stuff, but extremely well executed: Superb acting, it looks stunning and really good writing. I'm less of a fan of the gameplay and the game as a whole. The gameplay didn't strike me as anything special, and I found myself going through the motion of gameplay more and more just to get to the next cutscene. I just didn't find the combat to be that interesting, and the way you often "talk to no one" when playing (Ellie didn't do a good job keeping up with you) took me out of the gameplay more than it normally does. The last thing is "typical video games" to be sure, but I thought Infinite did a far better job at making those conversations feel kinda natural in-game (even though I didn't like the gameplay much in that game either...).

I guess I'm just tired of the normal kill dudes -> cutscene -> kill dudes -> cutscene thing right now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By Yummylee

@amyggen: He's trolling, that's pretty much all he does. Just take a look over his posting history to see what I mean. It's nothing but a comically absurd dedication to the 360, CoD/fifa/madden, Apple products, and the occasional bit of racism against Asia. He contributes nothing but a cheap laugh here and there, but as of late it's gotten to be rather tiring more than anything whenever his face shows up again.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not for you, nope.

DragonBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DragonBomb

@dagbiker said:

This is not really a good game at all. The only story is delivered through notes that you have to search for, or pre rendered, or clearly scripted cut scenes. In comparison uncharted 3, that also had notes, were mostly related to side stories. The main narrative, told through interactive scripted cut scenes, while still being scripted, kept you involved and emotionally attached to drake and the others. At no point, while watching the many cut scenes of what's his name and Ellen Paige did I ever feel involved, because I was only included when they wanted to shoot something.

The only real core story that's found in notes has to do with the ending. The fact you mentioned Ellen Page (and can't even spell her name right) about The Last of Us shows how little you got from the game. I feel sorry for you.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Deranged

@nekroskop said:

I can't tell if OP's post is a joke or not.

Give the game more than 1 and a half hours before you trade it in for something you already own, and play it on 'Normal' at least, you big baby.

EDIT: "But I'm enjoying Beyond Two Souls a MILLION times more than The Last of Us. I feel like even its combat is better than The Last of Us..." In a game where none of the QTEs have impact on anything you do aka YOU CAN'T FAIL A QTE. That 3/5 from Alex was well deserved both as a movie and a game

Nevermind. False alarm. Troll thread.

OP is a well-known Xbox fanboy. Probably the biggest on the site.

No, he's just a troll. The whole term "fanboy" is idiotic in my opinion.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great stealth and resource management game, and it's definitely not boring or monotonous if you're into that type of game. If you don't like that kind of gameplay/tactical thinking though, I can see why this game can be boring gameplay wise.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst part is it's a Sony game. Ughhhh vomit fart.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jdh5153

@deranged said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@nekroskop said:

Give the game more than 1 and a half hours before you trade it in for something you already own, and play it on 'Normal' at least, you big baby.

EDIT: "But I'm enjoying Beyond Two Souls a MILLION times more than The Last of Us. I feel like even its combat is better than The Last of Us..." In a game where none of the QTEs have impact on anything you do aka YOU CAN'T FAIL A QTE. That 3/5 from Alex was well deserved both as a movie and a game

I fail to see how anything I've said can be interpreted as trolling, but whatever. And clearly I'm an Xbox fanboy that went out and spent $450 on a PS3 and games last weekend. My bad.

I'll play some more tonight, but if I can't get into it I'll definitely be trading it for a PSN card. There's a lot of games on PSN I've thought of picking up.

Also, I may have Black Ops II on the 360, but it would be a worthy buy on the PS3 since I have friends who play it on the PS3... So wanting to play a game with my friends is also trolling these days....wtf?

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so glad I opened this thread. I needed a good laugh.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys will my inflammatory thread title ever get views?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

It gets better, and better, and better... likely until you'll see it just the same way as most everbody else. And then you'll play multiplayer, which is the most amazingly fun surprise of the year - so good!

Would you recommend trying the multiplayer before getting further in the story?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74  Edited By Seppli

@jdh5153 said:

@seppli said:

It gets better, and better, and better... likely until you'll see it just the same way as most everbody else. And then you'll play multiplayer, which is the most amazingly fun surprise of the year - so good!

Would you recommend trying the multiplayer before getting further in the story?

I'd recommend powering through the first act. It starts to click for most when they enter the city. Personally, it's been Fall for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You must have just woken up from a 2 year come to expect anything else from the game. Sorry youre disappointed but it's everything it was sold as being.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Nekroskop

@jdh5153: No, I own both PC versions and PS3/360 versions of some games.But saying "But I'm enjoying Beyond Two Souls a MILLION times more than The Last of Us. I feel like even its combat is better than The Last of Us" is so mind blowing, since B2S' combat plays itself. Try loading up a chapter with combat(ie. the one where you can take down the helicopter.) You can't fail the QTEs even if you put the controller on the table and let the scene play out.

The Last of Us actually has a fairly fun and competent combat-system where as B2S has none. That's why people think you're trolling.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Does this game ever get [a subjective descriptor]?

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took me around 4 hours until I started to enjoy the combat. When you start you have barely any options which was not enjoyable but once you get some freedom it is great.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

Took me around 4 hours until I started to enjoy the combat. When you start you have barely any options which was not enjoyable but once you get some freedom it is great.

Hopefully it works out that way then.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@jdh5153 said:

@deranged said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@nekroskop said:

I fail to see how anything I've said can be interpreted as trolling, but whatever. And clearly I'm an Xbox fanboy that went out and spent $450 on a PS3 and games last weekend. My bad.

I'll play some more tonight, but if I can't get into it I'll definitely be trading it for a PSN card. There's a lot of games on PSN I've thought of picking up.

Also, I may have Black Ops II on the 360, but it would be a worthy buy on the PS3 since I have friends who play it on the PS3... So wanting to play a game with my friends is also trolling these days....wtf?

As someone who has really hated some of your posts? No, I don't think this bit is trolling. It's worded like something from IGN but it doesn't sound like downright trolling.

From what I know of The Last of Us, I don't think it will ever quite become what you want it to. That said, Patrick and some of the other Bombcast members often noted feeling like the latter half of the game had an overabundance of ammo. This may be because they were conserving their ammo throughout the first half, but I think it's worth mentioning. They were also playing on Normal, not Easy. And they thought this subtracted from the atmosphere and was a bad thing, but you'd likely see it as a good thing.

That said, this game was never meant to be a twitchy fast-paced shooter. It was always meant to make the player feel vulnerable and easily stoppable and desperate, hence the focus on sneaking. I'm not saying that it's well done, that was just the goal.

Finally, Black Ops 2 had some framerate and lag issues on the PS3 last time I played it. Not unplayable, but also worth mentioning.

(There, see, now that was easy. If you want to attack someone for making terrible posts, wait for a terrible post to attack.)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm actually quite amazed at the number of people saying the game isn't meant to be fun because of what can only be described as a terrifying misconception that gameplay is integrally tied down to the plot in style and character.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@jdh5153 said:

@deranged said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@nekroskop said:

Relax, it was a joke. Apologies if you misinterpreted, I was kind of blunt. I was just a little annoyed with the "Xbox Fanboy" statement.

In regards to your enjoyment of the game, if you aren't liking it and are looking to trade it in, please don't do so at Gamestop. You'd be getting ripped off mate, especially if you paid full price and even if you didn't, I've only ever seen used prices to be barely $10 cheaper.

I don't know if you have something similar but where I'm from we have a site called Kijiji, which is basically like a local eBay. I've sold and purchased countless games and even found a local gaming shop on there that has incredible deals with trading value, which is basically how I picked up a free PS3.

I mean, if you want to go with trading it games at the local Gamestop, be my guest but honestly, I just don't want to see you get ripped off.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By guiseppe

If you don't like it by that point, you're probably never going to like it.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No not really. I was really surprised as I played the game that Naughty Dog released a stealth game quite....well stealthily. I guess I wasn't really expecting it to be the game it was.

The stealth mechanics aren't good enough for what they're trying to pull in my opinion. I think its a good game but not a groundbreaking thing like everyone else claims it to be. The best part of the game is it's ending (which I do think is groundbreaking for games' story)

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By awesomeusername

@dagbiker said:

The only real core story that's found in notes has to do with the ending. The fact you mentioned Ellen Page (and can't even spell her name right) about The Last of Us shows how little you got from the game. I feel sorry for you.

I'm 99% sure he was being sarcastic.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By mordukai

Its a great game, but another example of praise and exaggeration of a game based solely on its production value and presentation. The same thing with Bioshock Infinite, a good game with great presentation and production value, but with mediocre shooter mechanics and player movement and interaction.

I mean, I guess there are gamers that are more into story and presentation rather than gameplay and varied core mechanics, I guess that's why stuff like Beyond Two Souls exists. And for them, Bioshock and LoU are amazing games.

We can sit and discuss this issue for hours but this post pretty much says it all. I would have much rather preferred, probably enjoyed more, if I this game would have been a comic book. From production value, to the visual and atmosphere, and it's writing it feels like that's where this project belongs.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ikilledthedj

Video games are not meant to be fun.

I stayed up till 3 am to get it finished last night. towards the end i just wanted to get it over with i guess and just see what the fuss is about.

I wouldn't say its ever really "FUN" in the sense that omg look at that dude just blow up but the story does keep you guessing. I'm not sure for i really feel about this game, i mean it was great and all but does feel tad hyped up