Favorite Season in The Last Of Us?

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Favorite Season in The Last Of Us? (53 votes)

Summer 2%
Fall 17%
Winter 74%
Spring 6%

Personally, Winter. I thought that the gameplay found it's footing and the story really ramped up in this section. I remember there being fewer set-piece moments which I thought was a change for the better as well.

Anyways, with Remastered coming out I thought it was a good time for a poll.

• 
RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think the easy answer for a lot of people is most likely winter, but to me I think every part is pretty equal in quality except for the first few hours of summer.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just realized that I don't remember a thing about this game besides the crazy shit that went on in winter and the ending. So winter it is!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I can't really pick which part of the game I like best, storywise. The whole thing is so well written that I don't really have a favorite story moment. Gameplay, though is a much different story. I enjoyed it less and less as the game went on.

I'm planning on replaying The Last of Us soon. I played it on Hard the first time and I'm beginning to think that's part of the reason that I was so soured on its gameplay by the last few hours. For me, no part of playing that game justifies playing it on higher difficulties. It really took me out of the game when I first noticed that there might be four guys in a room until you get noticed, at which point several more spawn in out of nowhere. I once turned on that listen mode, or whatever it's called, and saw the outline of dudes appearing out of nowhere. That, and the Infected sections, and the inaccurate PS3 aiming, just wore down my tolerance over time. I want to see if I'm more accepting of that game on a lower difficulty, where those things do not mean as much hassle.

I probably won't ever post about The Last of Us without saying something along the lines of "I like everything about it a whole lot except the fucking gameplay."

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@believer258:

You and I are like-minded individuals. I think it was our very own Patrick Klepek that convinced me to play on hard, and there were moments when I absolutely hated the game. Most of my reservations were just that the scripted events felt forced, but I think, if nothing else, they'll be less frustrating on normal. Credit to acting, story, character, atmosphere etc. though.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Whatever isn't the last two parts. Or the introduction. So....fall, I guess?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rejizzle said:

@believer258:

You and I are like-minded individuals. I think it was our very own Patrick Klepek that convinced me to play on hard, and there were moments when I absolutely hated the game. Most of my reservations were just that the scripted events felt forced, but I think, if nothing else, they'll be less frustrating on normal. Credit to acting, story, character, atmosphere etc. though.

Actually, come to think of it, Patrick Klepek's recommendation to play TLoU on Hard did convince me to play it. Admittedly it didn't take much convincing, and I should have known better considering my "meh" feelings on the Uncharted series, but I don't blame him. Just the game and my own stupidity.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@believer258: The main difference between the different difficulty settings is how many supplies you'll find, otherwise it's all the same. Well, besides Survivor, which removes your ability to use Listening mode.

As for the thread, Winter obviously. It's so well paced throughout as you're switching between Ellie and Joel, and David makes for a memorable villain -- not to mention a standout performance by Nolan North at that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@believer258: The main difference between the different difficulty settings is how many supplies you'll find, otherwise it's all the same. Well, besides Survivor, which removes your ability to use Listening mode.

As for the thread, Winter obviously. It's so well paced throughout as you're switching between Ellie and Joel, and David makes for a memorable villain -- not to mention a standout performance by Nolan North at that.

Finding more supplies sounds like it will alleviate some of my issues. I wouldn't mind respawning enemies anywhere near as much if shooting them wasn't such a measured and calculated decision (Four dudes? I have enough ammo to take care of this... oh wait. Their friends just teleported back home as soon as I fired). I love that idea (I need to play some survival horror games), I just feel like TLoU doesn't execute on it well at all.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@believer258: I would have to disagree in that regard, as I found the combat in The Last of Us to be superb. Makes for some of the most engaging TPS/stealth multiplayer I can recently recall at that.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Spring, the ending made the game worth it to me, rest of the game I'm hot/cold on.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Winter. The Last of Us is a brutal game and Winter is the most brutal. I do love the ending of Fall in the University for how harrowing it is but cmon, David is an amazing character and his turn makes Winter the best mini-arc in the game.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter is the only answer.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

Winter it is.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Fall. I love exploring the campus.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

As others have said, Winter was great.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not whichever the first one was. Really felt like the game dug it's heels into the ground in terms of pacing in that one.