So, no spoilercast for Last of Us? :/

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The GB team made a entire video spoilercast about Bioshock Infinite. We are not in a busy month with ton of big games. I really would like a GB spoilercast about Last of Us.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

No one has beaten it yet besides Vinny.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@milkman said:

No one has beaten it yet besides Vinny.

And Patrick, but yeah, he can't exactly join them on set like with Bioshock Infinite.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By gkhan

Jeff said either on hist twitter or tumblr (can't remember which) that probably not enough people on the crew are going to be able to finish it while it is still relevant (or not be on holiday, or honeymoon, or whatever). So no, almost certainly no spoilercast.

It's a shame, but The Last of Us doesn't quite need it as much as Infinite did, with all its twists and turns.

Edit: Here it is. Sorry.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah i believe they said they wanted too in a recent bombcast but they all didn't finish it yet.

And also, i did not know they made a spoilercast for bioshock, so thanks for that not so hot scoop

BlamBlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same level of interest doesn't seem to be there. Might just be me.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@exiledastronaut: you should watch it. It's really good and while they do it Vinny plays (for the first time) the last 2 hours or so of the game at the same time.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They talked about doing one on last weeks Bombcast when they've all finished it. Ryan's wedding was last weekend and he's on his honeymoon this week. It's Independence day in the US this Thurs and they have Fri off as well (Jeff said on I Love Mondays). That being an effective 4 day weekend I'm sure most of them will get to it then and they'll be one next week (That's if Ryan is back from his honeymoon).

Question though, seeing as Patrick was the one that reviewed it (what seems like a while ago now) do you think he'll Skype in for the spoilercast? (Even though the crew aren't really down with Skype shenanigans.)

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game is getting the big fat shaft come end of the year discussions on GB, sadly.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they did this more often. I finally beat BioShock Infinite a few weeks ago and went back and watched the feature they put up. It was great.

It gives them (especially Brad) the opportunity to talk candidly about a game, and it's unique content where it isn't just them playing random games on a stream. Don't get me wrong, love that stuff (especially last week), but they need to change it up sometimes.

Have a monthly game club or whatever. Make all four (or six if you want to count Drew and Matt) play a Big and Important game in a month's time and talk about it. Some of the best moments on Giant Bomb is when they all play the same game like XCOM, Saints Row, or Far Cry 3 and go into their experiences.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

If you guys want in-depth spoilerific The Last of Us discussion, you should check out this week's Giant Bomb Community Podcast when it's up. It'll be posted in the forums in the next day or so. Watch this space.

As for the actual GB crew, I fear that by the time enough of them have finished it, it won't be super relevant and timely to do a spoilercast. It's a longer game than the only other spoilercast game of the year - I beat BioShock Infinite in 9hrs and TLoU in 16-18hrs - and Jeff and Ryan both stated that they are not in the right place for a game as dark as TLoU at the moment. Which I respect, since they did do both a quick look and a review.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think they will definitely talk about it during the end of year discussions. I don't know if any one else in the crew besides Vinny, Patrick, and Brad (I feel like he'll finish it eventually) will finish it though.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

It's hard to say, because Ryan's put it off for a later date on the podcast, but Jeff seems to think it won't happen on his social medias. At least that's the impression I get. I'd like them to do one though; on it's surface this story is a pretty simple one, but I think the way they layered the storytelling, the smash cuts to black, the way the game made you feel how desperate these people were yet also how insane...I'd like to hear these guys spend an hour or whatever talking about how they reacted to all that.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeaah... Last of Us doesn't need a spoilercast. It was quite straight forward. Still, a better story with better characters than Infinite imo.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myketuna said:

I think they will definitely talk about it during the end of year discussions. I don't know if any one else in the crew besides Vinny, Patrick, and Brad (I feel like he'll finish it eventually) will finish it though.

according to twitter he is playing it right now but I agree they should do a spoilertalk show with the last part of the game like they did with infinite.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@darji said:

@myketuna said:

according to twitter he is playing it right now but I agree they should do a spoilertalk show with the last part of the game like they did with infinite.

Brad really liked the Uncharted games, so I hope he gets as much out of TLoU as I did.

I wonder if he finally decided on playing it through on Hard or not. I liked my time with normal.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@myketuna said:

Brad really liked the Uncharted games, so I hope he gets as much out of TLoU as I did.

I wonder if he finally decided on playing it through on Hard or not. I liked my time with normal.

I love TLoU but I really do not think it is anything like Ucharted. Quite the opposite in my opinion. TLoU basically almost the opposite of the Uncharted series and that is why I love Naughtydog. They really try new things and do not rest on their old glory. But he really should play it on hard since normal does not give you the intensity of the game and the battle and struggle and decisions about your limited resources.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@darji said:

@myketuna said:

I love TLoU but I really do not think it is anything like Ucharted. Quite the opposite in my opinion. TLoU basically almost the opposite of the Uncharted series and that is why I love Naughtydog. They really try new things and do not rest on their old glory. But he really should play it on hard since normal does not give you the intensity of the game and the battle and struggle and decisions about your limited resources.

Yup, in most ways they are complete opposites, but part of why I appreciated TLoU is because I could recognise that fact from having played UC1-3. Aside from the world/gameplay though, there are many similarities in methods of characterisation, art style / graphics, sound design, control feel, etc which carry on / are improved upon.

I would definitely recommend TLoU to those who liked UC.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@darji said:

@myketuna said:

Yup, in most ways they are complete opposites, but part of why I appreciated TLoU is because I could recognise that fact from having played UC1-3. Aside from the world/gameplay though, there are many similarities in methods of characterisation, art style / graphics, sound design, control feel, etc which carry on / are improved upon.

I would definitely recommend TLoU to those who liked UC.

Oh yeah. It is the Naughty Dog style and the top class storytelling and presentation.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

There will be plenty of spoiler talk during GOTY.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There will be plenty of spoiler talk during GOTY.

I doubt that. They never really did a spoiler talk during GOTY segments. For Silent Hill Shadow Memories they even skipped the whole ending talk.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

This game is getting the big fat shaft come end of the year discussions on GB, sadly.

Very likely. I'm guessing 5 or 7. Pretty sure Jeff isn't going to play it.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hollitz said:

@rafaelfc said:

Very likely. I'm guessing 5 or 7. Pretty sure Jeff isn't going to play it.

Jeff even played Uncharted 2 and loved it until the blue guys came arround. This will not get any shaft. It will be a contender against. infinite GTAV and maybe watchdogs.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brads just started it... So give each of them a bit to complete it, sure they will have one, hopefully have one of them playing through the end live again :)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff makes me so mad when he writes off amazing games that he hasnt even really played. He did the same god damn thing with rdr; he played a couple of hours of a 20+ hour game and formed his whole opinion based off of that. He seems to be doing the same thing with the last of us...

Such bullshit coming from a guy I respect a lot

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Raineko

@gkhan said:

Jeff said either on hist twitter or tumblr (can't remember which) that probably not enough people on the crew are going to be able to finish it while it is still relevant (or not be on holiday, or honeymoon, or whatever). So no, almost certainly no spoilercast.

It's a shame, but The Last of Us doesn't quite need it as much as Infinite did, with all its twists and turns.

Edit: Here it is. Sorry.

Window of relevancy?? I would watch a spoilercast even 2 months after TLOU release...

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The lack of enthusiasm these guys have for certain, seemingly random, big games really surprises me sometimes. It is a landmark game in the industry they are paid to cover, that came out during a period of time with hardly any other games worth playing or covering in depth.

What the hell are you doing as a video game journalist if you haven't played The Last of Us by now?

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's annoying. It's clear Brad has already convinced himself he hates it. There's little point in waiting for him to play it. But they will wait and by then (if ever) probably no one will care anymore.

So no, no spoilercast.

As to Jeff mentioned above, I don't know what's wrong with Jeff sometimes. He's gives so many games chances, games that hardly anyone would notice (Papers, Please for example) and then he writes off other games like Yoshi's Island for dumb reasons. And then he insists he's right even though he never even played the damn thing.

I guess that makes him a human as well as a video game personality, but still it's bothersome.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@flippyandnod:

You're reading an awful lot into what they are saying and ignoring quite a bit of positive things they've said. And interpreting weirdly.

The spoiler cast will come in December during the Goty podcasts.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hunkulese

@rafaelfc said:

Why because they aren't doing a spoilercast for it?

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you say I'm off interpreting weirdly and then come to the same conclusion as me, that they will never to a spoilercast or will wait so long that no one will care anymore.

@jasonr86 said:

@flippyandnod:

You're reading an awful lot into what they are saying and ignoring quite a bit of positive things they've said. And interpreting weirdly.

The spoiler cast will come in December during the Goty podcasts.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flippyandnod:

You're reading into their intentions and adding meaning to their words.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Probably will happen when people like Ryan start getting back to the office. The game seems fun enough among the staff that they are all wanting to play it & maybe will have some time with the holiday break.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you mean to say I'm reading meaning into their words and assuming intentions.

Yes, I am. So are you, unless you've been to the future and seen what will then have happened in December.

@jasonr86 said:

@flippyandnod:

You're reading into their intentions and adding meaning to their words.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The GB team made a entire video spoilercast about Bioshock Infinite. We are not in a busy month with ton of big games. I really would like a GB spoilercast about Last of Us.

Why not listen to IGN Beyond's Spoilercast on The Last of Us? It should do in the interim

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hunkulese

Bioshock also came out when nothing was happening. Last of Us came out when everything was happening.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this game is pretty straight forward, so there isn't that much to discuss. Unlike Bioshock which had a weird story that could be confusing to some, this games story is nothing special.

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just disappointed that they give more time and attention to your family, friends and personal life than for us. It was not so at the beginning of the relationship. They changed.

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Raineko

this game is pretty straight forward, so there isn't that much to discuss. Unlike Bioshock which had a weird story that could be confusing to some, this games story is nothing special.

I don't think the game is completely straight forward, there are many subtle things hidden in the game and the morality of the game is perceived in different ways by people.