Think They'll Have Finished It?

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Think the Bomb Crew would have finished it, or at least one of them?

I know Ryan had his wedding over the weekend so can't imagine he's been able to find the time. Brad didn't seem to keen to play it. I hope at least Jeff has finished it so he and Vinny can talk about it.

PlowDriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PlowDriver

I hope this dosen't happen but just going by history I say Ryan finishes it next after his honeymoon. Jeff will either finish it in the next month or just before game of the year stuff and Brad I have no idea. Then again I could be talking out of my ass and could be completely wrong.

Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Brad just started playing yesterday or was it day before? Hmm, he recently mentioned on twitter he was about to play it. In any case, if only one or two have finished it I don't see how they would talk about it in detail. I think it would much better in the end, if they all finish it and we get a spoilercast or something out of it.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not a chance.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad will finish it in 8 months time and there'll be two podcasts dedicated to it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ryan doesn't play games.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sooty said:

Ryan doesn't play games.

This seems oddly true.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Predicitons:

Brad started yesterday. He'll finish it.

Vinny will beat it for sure if it's not already done.

Jeff will never finish it. He'll get bored and he doesn't bang his head against the wall for a game he finds boring.

Ryan will probably beat it in the next couple weeks.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

@sooty said:

Ryan doesn't play games.

Yup , I realized this about a year ago .

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alternate

That boat has sailed. Bound to be a contender for goty though so most should play at least a good chunk by then.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shinjin977

I am somewhat disappointed we will never have a Last of Us spoiler cast like with Bioshock. I feel like while Bioshock ended in a real head turner for many people, this game's theme and meaning are much more worth discussing. I heard somewhere this game is about when it is ok to lie to your kids, I would like to hear Vinny and the crew take on that.

P.S Videogamer.com guys (the people who did the abridged E3 videos) have a really good discussion about it. If you guys want to check it out.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

We might hear about it under duress come game of the year discussions.

Hey, remember when Brad and Ryan were playing Persona 4 Golden; we got like 10 minutes of talk on it then nothing?

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@walkertr77: As much as I would've loved for the crew to play through P4G, I never thought that any of them would be able to play through a full-length rpg. I think FFXIII and Ni no Kuni have exhausted Brad's willpower.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

Ryan doesn't play games.

Nicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nicked

I'd definitely like to hear them talk about it more, though I don't know if that'll happen until maybe GOTY. I'd even take just a Patrick spoiler video like he did with the 999 games.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Vinny_Says

When GOTY comes keep in mind that more of the crew played and finished not only Bioshock Infinite, but also Animal Crossing and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon....

I hope they play Last of Us but I also hope they don't do the same thing as last year when a game only one staff member has played gets praised just cause....you know...someone said it was good.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy: Did brad finish Ni No Kuni?I remember hearing that he was going to play some, but I didn't listen to the Bombcast for a bit.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Rafaelfc

I don't think Jeff will ever beat this game, unfortunately.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Vinny has already beat it.

I remember him mentioning it in a live stream.

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garfield518: Yeah Vinny's definitely beat it as of last week's podcast. He praised the game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

100% sure jeff is going to pull an rdr/walking dead on the last of us. He's afraid of eliciting emotion when it comes to games (and in general?)

I love jeff, but he pulls this shit way too often.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to make myself play this game soon! It's just that such a sophisticated effort like Rise of the Triad coming up, it's hard to remember interest. Actually Borderlands 2 new dlc interfered, but through no fault of Borderlands itself I am already burning out. I was actually also trying to finish up Metro Last Light and Resistance 3...

The Last of Us is on my Living room table, even though I cannot remember ordering it. It will happen.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@rafaelfc said:

I don't think Jeff will ever beat this game, unfortunately.

Haha, I feel the same way. The way he keeps saying "I've playbed about 90 minutes" for weeks now doesn't bode well...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope this dosen't happen but just going by history I say Ryan finishes it next after his honeymoon. Jeff will either finish it in the next month or just before game of the year stuff and Brad I have no idea. Then again I could be talking out of my ass and could be completely wrong.

Jeff is the least likely to finish it. I honestly don't know what that man likes, except for the most recent Saints Row games, and GTA. I'm pretty sure I remember him mentioning that he never even finished Uncharted 2.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I have a feeling Last of Us will go into Jeff's Red Dead Redemption pile. What the hell is wrong with that guy?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

When GOTY comes keep in mind that more of the crew played and finished not only Bioshock Infinite, but also Animal Crossing and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon....

I hope they play Last of Us but I also hope they don't do the same thing as last year when a game only one staff member has played gets praised just cause....you know...someone said it was good.

I can almost guarantee that no one will support Last of Us during GOTY discussions except maybe if Patrick flies in for that week. At most it might get a mention or be in the top three, with Vinny bringing it up. But I doubt they will really talk it up. Unless if it really does jive with Brad, and Ryan also finishes it. I highly doubt Jeff will finish it.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

From the most recent podcast, I think Brad was sounding really receptive to the story. Vinny seems like he really liked it, though he's not always the best at putting up arguments for things. I'm sure Patrick and Alex will Skype in for GOTY and they both seem like fellas who would argue like heck for Last Of Us winning.