#1 Edited by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

I have been keeping up with this neo-gaf forum on the auto save bug

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589746

Go to network settings on your ps3 and disable network connection. Apparently the bug will not appear if you stay offline. i will keep you guys updated if going offline will fix the problem. i am testing it right now.

UPDATE

#2 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Server-side fix for a savegame bug on my local machine? Must be some major data-mining operation that crapped out due to server overload. Why that would affect my ability to save locally? I'll never know. What a wierd world we live in.

Regardless, I lost a hefty session's worth of progress. I guess I'll have take a week off the game now. Let this mother cool down a little. Try and salvage this mess for myself at a later date. I'm still pretty pissed, and I'd rather not rush through the same shit again. What makes matters worse is, that it ain't the kind of game I enjoy playing more than once.

Shesh!

#3 Posted by Marcsman (3177 posts) -

Cool. I cannot wait to get done work and play this.

#4 Edited by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

@seppli: Many games do this. This is how you gather how many headshots have happened. how many times have you died etc etc. its going to be super fun with Xbone cloud server thing :D!

#5 Edited by Kung_Fu_Viking (702 posts) -

@seppli: Yeah that's a pretty common practice. It's known as analytics and they use the data to help inform future decisions, content, games.

#6 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@kung_fu_viking: @jimmyfenix:

That's why I wrote it, didn't I? First time it affected me negatively though. What a shit show that was.

#7 Posted by therealhowwie (17 posts) -

Hmm. I seem to have lost quite a bit of progress there. And it dumped me back to by far my least favorite area of the game that I've encountered. There's only one way to solve this.

#8 Posted by iozaeph (8 posts) -

I lost HOURS of game time. Now I have to start over. This is inexcusable. They have to make it up to us somehow. Do NOT let them off the hook for this.

#9 Edited by Village_Guy (2544 posts) -

That's just great... Too bad I lost quite some progress. My last save was from right after you meet Ellie, and I had reached the point where you meet Henry and Sam. So I guess that is a couple of hours lost.

#10 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -
#11 Posted by CaLe (3957 posts) -

Just lost a whole day of progress to this. A whole day of non-stop playing, about 9 hours, lost. Fucking dejected.

#12 Edited by owlmassive (67 posts) -

Thank you for the info dude much appreciated

#13 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

I found that I had the bug and rather than lose hours of progress to fix the bug I just decided to keep going till the end. Though upon finishing and getting the trophies it crashed the PS3 and upon going back on seems it still reverted the save anyway. Lost about 9 hours or so and also didn't unlock any of the bonuses or survival difficulty. Says I need to finish the game. Disappointing, though at least I finished the story I suppose so there is no urgent need to replay it.

@jimmyfenix the bug makes it so whenever you bring up the menu the restart checkpoint, save game and load game options are all greyed out permanently saying they are auto-saving so there is no way to manually save with that bug. Only options are to either reset the game and take a gamble on how much progress you might lose, or press on with the game and don't turn it off till completion.

#14 Posted by 49th (2726 posts) -

I lost about 2 and a half hours, and had to restart from the prologue. The most annoying part was that I had to try a few times to clear a certain section with clickers before saving, and then realised I couldn't save anyway and shouldn't have bothered getting past that part.

#15 Posted by Stange88 (69 posts) -

i played 2 hours of last of us with autosave disable and no problems, but i needed a break so i saved, now the game keeps freezing. That Naughty Dog fix did not work for me and i really like this game alot

#16 Posted by Sterling (2155 posts) -

@gravier251: WTF, you beat it already? Ugh. I was hoping it was longer than 10-12 hours. I like these types of games to be 20-25 hours long.

#17 Posted by jakelyne (20 posts) -

Just had the autosave issue again after loading up about half an hour ago. Looks like it's still a problem.

#18 Posted by TurboMan (7503 posts) -

Oh. It seems that I've lost 4 hours of gameplay and have to start back at the Prologue.

10/10

#19 Posted by JacDG (2119 posts) -

Are people still having issues? I really want to play this game, but I do not want to lose progress.

#20 Edited by CitizenCoffeeCake (495 posts) -

I've been playing about 6 or 7 hours and have only experienced one save bug (don't know if it's what this thread is referring to). Basically I got through a tough situation (I'm playing on hard) and manually saved with a sigh of relief only to have it kick me back to the auto save prior to the encounter when I died. Naturally I was like, what the fuck? And manually loaded the save and again, it was the auto-save. My manual save was just gone. This was only five or ten mins of progress and I was still pissed. Anyway, is this the bug people are talking about?

#21 Edited by Teoball (591 posts) -

I started over again today after finishing it with the bug yesterday, and it's working fine now.

If you get the bug it's easy to see though. When you push the start button it will say "austosaving please wait..." indefinitely, and "save game, "Load game", "restart encounter" and "quit game" will be greyed out.

I've been playing about 6 or 7 hours and have only experienced one save bug (don't know if it's what this thread is referring to). Basically I got through a tough situation (I'm playing on hard) and manually saved with a sigh of relief only to have it kick me back to the auto save prior to the encounter when I died. Naturally I was like, what the fuck? And manually loaded the save and again, it was the auto-save. My manual save was just gone. This was only five or ten mins of progress and I was still pissed. Anyway, is this the bug people are talking about?

I'm pretty sure the game only operates with checkpoints. Saving manually between checkpoints will only take back to the last checkpoint you passed.