Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Dussck

If that's in-engine...

We'll be playing this in about 3 years probably. But I can't wait!

Girthantoklops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Girthantoklops
No Caption Provided

I never dared to hope for this

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrainScratch

I think that's in-engine but pre-rendered. It will most likely look like Uncharted 4.

Really curious about this. Loved the first one and their story arc worked perfectly, there was no need to revisit the same characters and never thought they would go back to them, but now I want to see what they do next. Excited to see how they're going to top themselves but also scared that they might ruin it all.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no.... The Last of Us was so incredibly perfect as a stand alone..... but still.... fuck fuck fuck fuck yes.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's a little murderer ain't she?

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was hoping for a True Detective story structure because the ending was just perfection and made you reflect on what really going on. I guess you're now playing as Ellie knowing Joel is kind of a selfish dick?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I won't bother watching a trailer for a game that won't be out for a while but I really like that they're calling it Part 2. Feels very deliberate. Most games would have slapped a 2 on there because that's just what you do.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MachoFantastico

Hell yes, suddenly very very happy I own a PS4. Some great games on display.

Plus Wipeout getting some love.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So is this going to be like Rambo: First Blood Part II? Because i'd be alright with that.

(seriously though this game didnt need a sequel, or at least didnt need to revisit the same cast)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The storytelling aspect was really great in the first game, the gameplay was fairly average with some below average stealth in my opinion so if they work on that then it will probably be a great game. I just hope it's not going to be more of pushing boxes to give someone a lift and then clumsily crouch walking around bad guys.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

I was hoping for a True Detective story structure because the ending was just perfection and made you reflect on what really going on. I guess you're now playing as Ellie knowing Joel is kind of a selfish dick?

Really curious about this. Loved the first one and their story arc worked perfectly, there was no need to revisit the same characters and never thought they would go back to them, but now I want to see what they do next. Excited to see how they're going to top themselves but also scared that they might ruin it all.

I agree with most people in that I felt the first game was a perfect standalone thing that didn't need a sequel. However, if they're going to make one, and there was never really any doubt after the critical and commercial success of the original, I want those characters involved.

There's nothing all that special about the setting. It's just another post apocalypse zombie setting. Sure, it's got it's own details and history, but the setting was not the reason the original game was so fantastic, it was the character driven story.

If they were to make a Last of Us sequel in that setting but without those characters, I just don't see the point. Obviously they could tell another great story in that universe, but at that point they might as well just make something entirely new and not shackle themselves to an existing setting. There are game franchises with universes so in-depth and compelling that one could envision almost limitless possibilities for interesting stories and game concepts, but The Last of Us isn't one of them.

Joel and Ellie are what made The Last of Us what it was, without them there's nothing inherently exciting about another game in that series.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By e30bmw

I think that's in-engine but pre-rendered. It will most likely look like Uncharted 4.

I mean, if you go look at Uncharted 1 (start of PS3) vs the later work Naughty Dog did on the PS3, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a decent jump in graphics from Uncharted 4.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I thought Last of Us was really a perfect contained and finished story for Joel and Ellie so seeing that this is a continuation of their story is a little disappointing but I'm not gonna sit here and tell that I'm not going to play another Last of Us because fucking of course I am.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By wrecks

Goddammit. Now I have to get a PS4.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

I thought Last of Us was really a perfect contained and finished story for Joel and Ellie so seeing that this is a continuation of their story is a little disappointing but I'm not gonna sit here and tell that I'm not going to play another Last of Us because fucking of course I am.

I'd have said "of-fucking-course I am", other than that, I fully agree with this.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'll definitely play this and probably really enjoy it, but I'm kind of disappointed that Naughty Dog aren't doing something new.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully the last hour doesn't fall apart again (until the final minute), and I also hope half the combat doesn't suck again. Not a single bit of combat against the monsters was enjoyable in the first.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no Savage Starlight, huh? Alright, I'll take this as well.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hnke

@ravelle: Nothing dickish about love, friend.

Girthantoklops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Girthantoklops

@ericsmith: I dont know man, i played through that game on grounded and enjoyed it a lot. The combat can be hard as hell and frustrating, but scraping through a scene with 6 bullets for you gun is really rewarding. Multiplayer was really fun too.

And i dont care what anyone says, Joel did nothing wrong! :(

doomguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So fucking excited

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm very happy about this; it's one of the few sequels I really wanted to happen. After the end of the first game, I'm way more interested in Ellie as a character than Joel, so hopefully she's the central playable character this time around. I also enjoyed the combat in the first game: the transition between stealth and action was seamless and it did the hunter/hunted thing better than pretty much every stealth game I had played. I thought it was well-designed and somewhat unique, held back only by the occasionally frustrating enemy AI. I'm curious to see how they evolve the stealth mechanics in this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will no doubt play part 2 but I feel TLOU was one of the best stand-alone stories I've seen. Don't feel it needs a sequel but please Naughty Dog prove me wrong.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty bummed that Naughty Dog has to go from one sequel to another. Would have been great to see them do something new for this generation instead of expanding on a game that had one of the strongest ending to a video game ever.

I would have felt ok with this if it at least followed different people, same universe.

Really glad that Zero Dawn is a thing because Sony seems to be going full steam ahead on the member berry churn out.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@girthantoklops: Man what game were you playing? Joel is the worst person in that game by a stretch!

Like, vague ethical end of game choices aside, he's a torturing asshole who beats people to death waaaaay more brutally than even the bad guys in that game.

Fuck Joel, so much. But also, kinda Go Joel, because he knows exactly what he is.

Girthantoklops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Girthantoklops

@trulyalive:

It seems you mean "most brutal". In no way was he worse than characters like David for instance. And I think the violence of this game depicts the brutality of killing in a realistic way; It would probably take a lot of mashing and gruesomeness to kill a man that is fighting back. Sure he did inflict a lot of pain, but the victims were trying to kill him and some of them were even trying to eat his faux daughter. That's justified.

When it comes to his final decision I can see why you'd say he's wrong. I think thats what makes him great though, he's flawed. If you'd put any of us in the same situation i think we'd find his choice very understandable considering his past loss and bond with Ellie. Sure she might have wanted the sacrifice, but the choice was made for her either way. I think Joel in the role as the father was right to err on the side of protecting her.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I really would have hoped for a story without Joel/Ellie, because I found the ending of the first being so good. It would have been brave.

This could still be cool, but hey lets wait and see.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Look, as others have said, I'll probably eventually play it. If people say it's good, there's no reason not to give it a shot.

But one of my favorite things about the original was that it was completely standalone. We have too many sequels and too many franchises in this industry, it was awesome to have just one thing stand alone and be its own thing.

Oh well. At least Naughty Dog has another chance to make this one actually play well? Right? Right? ...oh, it looks way better than any other PS4 game? OK, guess that will make up for the gameplay deficiencies. Naughty Dog used to make games that were just so enjoyable to sit down and play.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the actual playing the game part of The Last of Us was pretty terrible, and I really don't need a continuation of Joel and Ellie, so I'm not even sure what to think of this besides disappointment.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I don't understand anyone who said that the game play was poor. It was some of the best stealth game play I've ever experienced. And playing it on the hardest difficulty was a really fun challenge.

I trust that if Naughty Dog is doing a game with the same characters, then they'll do it real justice. I'm just worried now that either Joel or Ellie will die, because I fully expected that that would happen in the first game and was actually surprised that it didn't.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Calmgamer

One of my favorite games of the last generation. Excited to see the repercussions of that final conversation. I'm going to guess Ellie will learn some more details of how it all actually went down with the doctors. Could go to some dark places.

Will be a day one purchase for me.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

The Last of Us would have ben perfect as a standalone game, but I'm not convinced Naughty Dog will fail to deliver here.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zeik

I wouldn't have necessarily asked for this game, but now that it is happening I will definitely be playing it. I'm also more excited to see the continuation of Ellie and Joel's story than I thought I would be. Mostly Ellie, because that time jump has the potential for some pretty drastic character development. The first game was Joel's story. Flipping the script is a good direction for this game to go.

I largely enjoyed the gameplay of the first game, but there were more than a few moments involving the stealth gameplay that got frustrating. Mainly when dealing with Clickers. Humans were a lot more enjoyable to encounter and take down, because if something did go wrong you could still feasibly fight your way out. Hopefully this game can be what Uncharted 2 was to Uncharted and refine and improve all that dramatically. The Last of Us was a much better game from the start than the first Uncharted, so if they make a similar effort to improve this could easily be their best game to date.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#36  Edited By trulyalive

@girthantoklops: According to my go-to dictionary, 'brutally' is totally a word. Although in all fairness, I did have to check.

I totally understand the final choice. I think that's why it's such a gut-punch, because as much as my response was "Aww really, Joel?!" it works and makes sense.

It's more the torture sequences that had an effect on me and kinda made me re-evaluate his fighting style throughout the whole game. My immediate response whilst playing was very much a 'kill or be killed' attitude but every time I've played since, I can't help but feel that Joel goes all out in a really disturbing way that no other characters seem to embrace in their combat. Which, again, makes sense for his character. I mean, he's kind of an old man and he's desensitised as fuck to it all. He knows exactly how much of a scumbag he is (I think he even alludes to it a few times).

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the first game but have no interest in playing a sequel. I was hoping ND would do something new. Bummer.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@girthantoklops: This GIF has never been more appropriate.

Like many have said, TLoU really didn't need a sequel but it was inevitable and the storytellers at Naughty Dog will find a compelling reason to keep this story going.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping if they did another it'd focus on new characters, perhaps a new location. But what the hell, more Last of Us is great regardless.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think The Last of Us is the best game that Naughty Dog has ever made. I thought it ended so well and would have been perfect as a standalone thing. I'm sure this will be amazing though, I'm already sold. I'm willing to bet this won't be out for a pretty long time, 2019 maybe?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pompouspizza: I expect 2018 at the latest. The core engine already exists and I'm sure they've done a significant amount of development on it before this announcement.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I very much see where the naysayers are coming from. The Last of Us does feel like a stand alone story that doesn't need to continue, and it has one of the most powerful endings to a game ever made...but after seeing this trailer, I really wanna know what happened after Joel went on a murderous rampage and lied to Ellie's face.

Think of it this way- the story isn't over.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the price of the PS4 Pro is right by the time it comes out I might be forced to get one.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I'm so there.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By paulmako

Hell yes I will play a Last of Us game built for current gen.

I don't know if I understand how people can love the first game but not be at least partially interested in seeing more of that.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako: the uncertainty of the ending is what made it so great. Now that that's going to go away it kind of makes it less impactful. Reminds me of what the walking dead season 2 did with continuing the story with Clem. To this day I still haven't played season 2 because season 1 ended great and told the story it wanted to tell. I have no real desire to return to either worlf with the same characters

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mems1224: In the end, if any team deserves the benefit of the doubt on getting something like this right, it's Naughty Dog.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks beautiful, hopefully Naughty Dog has something else up their sleeve too. I'd like an original franchise from them too this generation. If Uncharted 4 taught me anything is that I kind of am not crazy about that franchise, as great as that game was.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The first game does have a strong ending, but there's plenty of interesting places to take the ramifications from there. I thought the first game was a slog to play though, can't say I have interest in another one.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am ready for more Last of Us.