Trails in the Sky SC Being Released on Oct. 29th!

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

So XSEED just announced over twitter that The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC is FINALLY going to be released next week on October 29th, after more than four years of waiting. The Steam page is up and ready for pre-orders but for whatever reason it still doesn't seem real to me. So much has happened in my life since I first picked up the original Trails in the Sky for the PSP in 2011 that I can't comprehend that this game will finally be available in English.

Anyone else excited?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty hype, but I'm in Europe and would prefer to play it on my Vita. So I'm probably going to be waiting a while longer.

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was once excited for this. Not so much anymore. It's just been so long since the first game that I've nearly forgotten every thing about it.

Monty_vaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First one has been on my steam wishlist for a while, with this coming out next week and 'Trails of Cold Steel' coming in December, I'll probably take the plunge and check these out as soon as I finish up Rebel Galaxy and Assassin Creed.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roninenix said:

I was once excited for this. Not so much anymore. It's just been so long since the first game that I've nearly forgotten every thing about it.

I can sort of understand that and, although I am looking forward to continuing the story, I might not be picking this up day of release. It is hard to be crazy excited about a game for four and half years, especially one that is almost ten years old to begin with. But I'm fairly certain that once I start up the Second Chapter I'll be reminded why I was so excited to play it.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At last!

No Caption Provided

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Is the first one on PC and still worth playing?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@dochaus: Yes the First one is on Steam, it's still on my backlog so I can't comment on its quality. I have friends who are recent first time players who love it though.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

@dochaus said:

Yes, just as Slag mentioned, Trails in the Sky is available for the PC, you can get it on GOG or Steam. I completed the PSP version of the game last year and I would say that it is most definitely worth your time. Trails in the Sky has a slow pace to it and is very talky but instead of this being annoying, like in most JRPGs, it allows you to experience all the little moments with the characters and become that much more attached to them. It is a very heartfelt game and since the sequel is right about to be released you won't have to worry about waiting years to find out what happens after the cliffhanger.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaaaan. Finally.

@dochaus said:

Yes, just as Slag mentioned, Trails in the Sky is available for the PC, you can get it on GOG or Steam. I completed the PSP version of the game last year and I would say that it is most definitely worth your time. Trails in the Sky has a slow pace to it and is very talky but instead of this being annoying, like in most JRPGs, it allows you to experience all the little moments with the characters and become that much more attached to them. It is a very heartfelt game and since the sequel is right about to be released you won't have to worry about waiting years to find out what happens after the cliffhanger.

Totes. I recently replayed the first one and still love it. I don't have as much patience as I once did for a lot of JRPGs, but this game managed to keep me engaged all the way. I'm very excited to have more to play.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I beat the first game earlier this year and really enjoyed it. It surprised me just how much I liked it. I'll definitely be picking it up on vita, whether I'll have time for it in his plethora of releases is another story.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first game was my favorite JRPG since Chrono Trigger, so I am really quite excited for this. I wish this series was more popular though, it deserves it. Not to mention the lack of popularity probably means we won't get 3rd Chapter.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Atwa

Super excited that its finally coming.
I still need to finish the first game, but I'll buy it day one to support XSEED because they are rad.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chemtrails in the sky???

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Cool. Been waiting for this sequel after the cliffhanger of the first game's ending, but don't know that I'll have the time to dig into it any time soon.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So I guess I need to play the first one then.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

That first game is on my long, long list of JRPGs I'd like to give a shot at some point.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genericbrotagonistsaid:

The first game was my favorite JRPG since Chrono Trigger, so I am really quite excited for this. I wish this series was more popular though, it deserves it. Not to mention the lack of popularity probably means we won't get 3rd Chapter.

I'm not sure but I think I remember Tom from XSEED mentioning on their forums that the chances of them translating the 3rd Chapter at some point are pretty high. However, he also mentioned that if they did localize the 3rd Chapter that it would only come out for the PC since they aren't interested in publishing more PSP games after SC.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lentfilms: Glad to hear it! In that blog post where Trails of Cold Steel was announced they seemed to be implying that 3rd chapter was unlikely. At the very least it seems like Trails to Zero and Trails to Azure are more likely and would happen before 3rd, which seems like a strange way to go about it to me.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cettu

I'm so pumped for this thing!

I picked up the first one on Steam on a whim more or less, during last year's Winter Sale, and was immediately grabbed by its excellent writing and fun characters. The combat was also very enjoyable, and appropriately challenging throughout the whole length of the game. Oh, and the soundtrack's freaking great, too!

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Man, that cliffhanger, though!

I'm sort of bummed that I didn't bump into that game sooner because of how much I liked it, but I'm also kind of glad, since I can only begin to imagine how grueling the wait must've been for those poor souls who played it back in the day, when it was originally released! I'm itching to see how the story continues!

Definitely planning on checking out Cold Steel, as well. Everything that I've seen of that has looked very promising.

NoLastName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait, recently replayed FC after not playing it since it first came out on the psp.

Aiasdair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty hype. I played the first one last year on PC for the first time and have been waiting for this chapter. The game is pretty good.

pkmango7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit it finally happened!!

Holy shit why did I read the Steam forums!!

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No fucking way :0

The first game is seriously one of my favorites of all time, and I had almost given up hope on playing this. So hype, especially since I haven't had internet in two weeks so this is a total surprise to me.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just picked it up through GOG! Hopefully, I can start digging into it soon. For those that haven't played the first game, it's only $10 on Steam and GOG right now.