Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Dec 13, 2002

The first entry in the Zelda franchise for the GameCube, sporting a distinctive cel-shaded graphics style. It built upon the mechanics of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and its oceanic setting emphasized exploration.

a quick look ?

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

given how busy the GB crew is what are the chances of quick look for this HD remake I guess its not high up on the priorities

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The game certainly seems to be making some waves, for a re-release the metacritic critic average seems pretty impressive. I never finished Wind Waker myself. I could see some value in a quick look, gather interested individuals at GB office who have experienced the original release. I think their input on the game and its changes as they perceive it could make for an entertaining quick look.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Maybe no videos till Friday, when the game releases.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

If they Quick Looked the fucking Ocarina of Time 3D remake (a game which was also playable on the GameCube and Wii in one form or another and everybody has already played a zillion times), then they'll probably QL Wind Waker which has never been rereleased until now.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I recommend checking out Cosmo's (The current world record holder for OoT and WW Any%) 100% Windwaker HD stream as soon as the game comes out. I'm pretty hyped for it since I'm curious to see if any of the old tricks/glitches still work and how different the routes are gonna be between the two games.

It will probably be the best source to see what all is different. No matter how small.

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Of course there will be a quick look. If sadistic indie viking game gets a quick look, then of course Zelda gets one, regardless of how seemingly jaded the GB crew is with the franchise at this point. Also it's like the only other Wii U game of note to come out recently besides The Wonderful 101.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By EuanDewar

Any excuse to see Brad get super lost.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So this quicklook would be called Mii-verse: Windwaker edition right? It should be! That'd be pretty good.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Tom_omb

From what I've gathered Alex seems to be the only one who has expressed interest in playing it. Maybe the guys in SF are waiting for the disk release on the 4th. I don't think I've ever wanted to see a Quick Look more badly then this one.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

There are no new games releases... oh, except an exceptional looking version of one of the best Zelda games ever crafted. I suppose I don't need to see a quick look of the game for any reason other than entertainment, but in a time devoid of much else to look at, it *is* a wonder that this one just flew by without a care.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tom_omb: Brad seems pretty interested in playing it. Wasn't he talking about buying a WiiU just to play this?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

*sees everybody saying "If they Quick Looked X", hopes that game doesn't get a Quick Look just to spite these posts*

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, not bothered.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@e30bmw: Maybe you're right, I don't recall, I certainly hope so. This game is tempting me to buy a WiiU too. Probably would have if I hadn't preordered a PS4.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

The real question is, are they going to QL the first island where absolutely none of the improvements can be seen besides the HD graphics, or are they going to suffer through the long-ass tutorials and sword-less dungeon to actually get to the boat where we can see the quick-sailing?

I'm going to guess the former, but who knows?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@levio said:

The real question is, are they going to QL the first island where absolutely none of the improvements can be seen besides the HD graphics, or are they going to suffer through the long-ass tutorials and sword-less dungeon to actually get to the boat where we can see the quick-sailing?

The real question is, how long will it take Brad to send the audience into a fit of rage by missing something blatantly obvious twenty times over? :P

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#17  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@hailinel said:

@levio said:

The real question is, how long will it take Brad to send the audience into a fit of rage by missing something blatantly obvious twenty times over? :P

Even better: How many times is brad going to fail that really unfortunate early-game stealth sequence?

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm sure Brad will put it in and get really pissed off by the stealth section near the beginning of the game and exclaim out loud that this game hasn't aged very well while Jeff Gerstmann lets out an audible sigh.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By circlenine

They should quick look the back third of the game to remind you why you didn't like it very much then and still won't like it very much now.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

They should quick look the back third of the game to remind you why you didn't like it very much then and still won't like it very much now.

Actually, they significantly altered the Triforce hunt at the end of the game to make it far less of a chore.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I kinda love the Zelda QLs, and I think a QL of this would be really interesting, if only to hear the guys history with the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.