Now on PS4

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This isn't exactly breaking news, but I was browsing the PS4 store over the weekend and noticed that The Pinball Arcade (along with Zen Pinball 2) is now available for PS4. I haven't bought any paid tables just yet, but even just playing TotAN and checking out a few of the other tables in free trial mode, I'm quite impressed. The graphics seem great, though the sound on some of the tables seems to be strangely low-quality (no idea if that's normal, though). I've heard some good things about ZP2, also, but being that TPA uses real historical tables, I'm personally more drawn towards this game than its competitor.

Anybody else check this version out yet?

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got the Twligiht Zone table on it. Seems like an okay port graphically and it plays fine, but like you said, the audio is pretty bad.

RCola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RCola

If anyone is playing on PS4, PS3, or Vita feel free to add me. I'm not very good but I would like to have some other people on my leaderboards. I own all of the season 1 tables.

My PS ID is RColaUAB

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
@cloudymusic said:

This isn't exactly breaking news, but I was browsing the PS4 store over the weekend and noticed that The Pinball Arcade (along with Zen Pinball 2) is now available for PS4. I haven't bought any paid tables just yet, but even just playing TotAN and checking out a few of the other tables in free trial mode, I'm quite impressed. The graphics seem great, though the sound on some of the tables seems to be strangely low-quality (no idea if that's normal, though). I've heard some good things about ZP2, also, but being that TPA uses real historical tables, I'm personally more drawn towards this game than its competitor.

Anybody else check this version out yet?

It's been said that the game sounds like garbage, because somehow they accidentally used the audio files for the mobile version. The main theme seems to be the worst offender. It said to be getting fixed at a later date, but like everything in Farsight land, we've been given no indication when that might actually be happening. A huge menu overhaul has been promised as well.

The game does look very nice, though. If you haven't already, be sure to visit the options, and turn the room brightness to low. Once this is done, it really shows off the lighting effects, and it looks fantastic.

@rcola said:

If anyone is playing on PS4, PS3, or Vita feel free to add me. I'm not very good but I would like to have some other people on my leaderboards. I own all of the season 1 tables.

My PS ID is RColaUAB

I would like to have some friends on my PS4 leaderboards as well. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen for either of us, because the developers didn't include a friends leaderboard. On the bright side, I can tell you my Funhouse score is in the top 500 in the world. But on the other hand, I don't care! I just want my friends to know that I've completely destroyed their current score, and any score that they could ever hope to achieve. Is that so much to ask?

Seriously though, hopefully that gets fixed as well.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sanity

Hows it look? im really looking forward to when the PC version gets the DX11 update that will bring it in line with the PS4 version.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Nodima

I'm really enjoying my time with the free tables, although the only ones I've been any good at are the two that were around a lot when I was a kid (Star TreK: TNG, which might be impossible to play without breaking the first High Score no matter how bad you are at pinball, and Funhouse). Actually, I aced Tales of Arabian Knights my second time through, hitting 12,000,000 without really breaking a sweat and losing primarily because of bad bounces that sent balls straight through. I'm really tempted to buy a pack or two, not sure I want to drop $30 on the full pass but it's really scratching the itch of nostalgia for playing virtual pinball on my grade school friend's computer (raised in a Mac family, will raise a Mac family of my own) on weekends, Space Cadet.

Also, since sound issues were brought up in this thread, I'll go ahead and say they re's a fairly large update file you have to install once you download the game and the sound is pretty fantastic IMO, not sure what it sounded like before but it feels very true to life.