#1 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Pre-order bonuses as seen on Origin: August 21, 2013.

LIMITED EDITION

• Life of the Party Digital Content:Features the Flaming Tiki Bar and spectacular party costumes.

The Sims™ 4

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

• Up All Night Digital Content: Features the Laser Light Show, new parties, outfits, decorations, and recipes.
  • Life of the Party Digital Content: Features the Flaming Tiki Bar and spectacular party costumes.
  • Digital Soundtrack: A digital soundtrack featuring music from the game.

--------------------------------

Release date at the time of posting: December 31, 2014 (Amazon)

It'll be interesting to see how many official expansion/stuff packs there will be for The Sims 4 a few years after its release.

-

The Sims 3 (released June 2, 2009):

Official Expansion packs: 12

Official Stuff packs: 9

--------------------------------

Content packs from The Sims 3 will not transfer over to The Sims 4, will people buy all of the "stuff" again? Yes. Yes, they probably will buy all of the "stuff" again.

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -

Which pack gives me the Issac Clark and Shepard skins?

But seriously, I do like the sims and I'm sure Ill eventually pick this up but what is the big hook for this one? I mean the original was just the idea of a life sim. 2 was the addition of aging and 3 was the semi open world neighborhood. What is this one striving to be?

#3 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4184 posts) -

I like The Sims. So this is cool! I'm hoping for like a next-gen small-download release at some point.

#4 Edited by spraynardtatum (2778 posts) -

The Sims 3 is like crack.

Or Pringles.

#5 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2660 posts) -

Do you think it is safe to pre-order? I'm sort of worried about a catastrophe like SimCity happening again. I think Maxis learned its lesson from last year...but it really does leave me wondering if I want to put down money now. I have never played a Sims game before, and this would be my first, but from what I can glean form the game play that is typical in these games I would like it.