Chapter 5: No Time Left, End of series discussion (Spoilers)

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Moztacular

Awesome ending :)

Seems like I made the same choices as everyone else; even the end game percentages showed mostly 70-80% in favor of what I did.
-Chop your arm; what a great start to an episode! (yeah it kinda already happeend in episode 2 but this is DIFFERENT!)
-cooled Kenny down; he and I were at each others throats most of the series but I finally tried to let it all go and it really felt good to see how it flowed through the remainder of the episode.
-surrendered weapons; figured he'd check me anyway and I wouldn't need a weapon to take down that psycho stranger. 
- Clem killed the stranger (I had her grab the bottle dont know what happens if you choose something else; I wanted to avoid her having to kill him so I thought the bottle would give me a chance.) PS: Super cool that it sounds like you can strangle him after the button prompt disappears...I stopped like many others and clem ended up doing the job, which i also felt was great in making me feel sad for her.
-stopped lee from turning; of course you have to do this! I definitely felt the tears as you struggle along the display case in the final scene. Listening to Clem try to talk you through it and offer you help broke my heart!

The epilogue is likely the same regardless of your choices; I'll happily take an epilogue that tells me there is more to come rather than a more "final" ending with Clem meeting up with omid and christa by the train.

Anyone else think Molly (blonde girl with the rock climbing pick) is a good candidate for season 2 protagonist? I think it would be cool and she already has a connection with Clem to at least justify wanting to help her (if the two figures at the end aren't totally on the up and up which less face it, they probably aren't). Never mind the fact that Molly kind of dips out on you without much justification in episode 4 so I feel that she's been set up to be a strong female lead for season 2! that said season 2 won't be as good as season 1, which is fine.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By LikeaSsur

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Kerned said:

@LikeaSsur said:

I. Bleeping. CALLED. IT.

You do NOT take supplies out of a station wagon with the lights still on! Boom! Way back in episode 2, baby! Thank you, Telltale.

Did you leave the supplies? How does that change the interaction with the stranger?

He says that Lee wasn't even the target of his rage until he started watching everyone and then he rationalizes that Lee was the biggest monster out of all the survivors.

My initial point in the episode 2 thread wasn't about Lee, it was about not taking supplies from a car when the lights are still on, and this shows why.

@Kerned said:

Did you leave the supplies? How does that change the interaction with the stranger?

It doesn't change a lot, he asks you why you didn't, and the conversation goes from there.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By landon

@Kerned said:

@LikeaSsur said:

I. Bleeping. CALLED. IT.

You do NOT take supplies out of a station wagon with the lights still on! Boom! Way back in episode 2, baby! Thank you, Telltale.

The guy still call you out on all the bad stuff you've done and claims that he'll give Clem a real family and actually keep her safe.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Kerned

@Landon said:

@Kerned said:

@LikeaSsur said:

I. Bleeping. CALLED. IT.

The guy still call you out on all the bad stuff you've done and claims that he'll give Clem a real family and actually keep her safe.

Interesting. So does anyone know what he says if you are one of the 42 people out there who managed to avoid doing anything bad? I find this stuff fascinating.

supertuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By supertuna

@Kerned: I don't know if that's even possible. He only called me out for putting Clementine in danger at the train station, which, as far as I know, is unavoidable.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hunkulese

Fuck me.

That is all.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hunkulese

@RecSpec said:

@hbkdx12: Did you actually see Kenny shoot Ben? All I saw was the walkers. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it though, I was frantically trying to open the gate.

You don't. You also see a Zombie that has been knocked down after you hear the shot so you don't know who he shot. I didn't really like that part because it was obvious that Ben was done and Kenny had just made the speech about not giving up and then he pretty much gives up. He had one bullet and more than enough time to run yet he chooses to stay and fight off the zombies with one bullet? What was he hoping to accomplish?

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Djratchet

@hbkdx12: I thought it was kinda cool. It was like Lee went full circle. You start this game in cuffs, and you end it in cuffs.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By InternetDotCom

What options do you even get if you started episode 5 alone? I assume obviously you meet back up with everyone.

I assumed Kenny went down fighting and used the last bullet to take at least one zombie out trying to protect Ben.

Also pro tip: Don't play all of Spec Ops: The Line and this episode back to back. That wasn't good for me.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By xpgamer7

I Didn't cut off the arm(accepted it was too late)

Kept calm while arguing with Kenny(Believed in him to be level)

Surrendered my weapons(Didn't know what his deal was yet, only suspected from the car outside)

Didn't kill the stranger(Didn't know if I should purposely kill him)

Kept Lee from turning

I felt the episode wrapped up a lot of the personal issues and made me feel solid about my decision to save Ben. It said what I felt in the attic. I figured the guy was from the stationwagon once I saw him, and seeing it next to the hotel helped reinforce that. I decided to be civil and own up to whatever choices I made and even my acceptance of some. But I quickly realized he wasn't accounting for the context of the situations nor the overall painting of the world. He also clearly was set in his ways and somewhat crazy. The bowling bag immediately proved I was right. In the end I felt the last episode was harsh, but more light than I expected in the characters personal struggles. I completely expected the ending but it was still handled really well. The last few moments especially. Really the big scene where you accept or think on your actions and ask yourself what kind of a person you are felt great and in the heart of the series. Probably even somewhat cathartic for some. Anyway, It felt great, and seeing how my favorites were the odd numbered episodes, I really like Sean Vanaman's work.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#61  Edited By JasonR86
  • Chopped my arm off - I was hoping that this might allow Lee to stick around. Fuck.
  • Lost my temper with Kenny - Apparently I did this 'calmly' according to the game. I think it was because when I had the option to grab the marble head I didn't. So Kenny grabbed it instead and threw it against the wall.
  • Surrendered my weapons - I figured that, since he knew so much about me, he would know that I had weapons and would call my bluff.
  • Didn't kill the stranger - Clem did instead. I didn't realize this was a choice.
  • Stopped Lee from turning - I was preparing Clem to be strong and go through hard decisions as, without Lee being there, she was going to be on her own. I figured that killing Lee might toughen her up even if it was hard as hell for her.

Fuck man. So I didn't break down at the end but I rarely break down at anything. But I came close. Fucking'a. What an incredible game. I can't wait for season 2. I also really hope that was Omid and Christa in the distance at the epilogue.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By thatdudeguy

Wow. I'm shocked that Telltale was able to pull off this finale. I couldn't have asked for a better cap to the season. Season 2, when do you come out?

Tachimukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Tachimukai
  • Chopped arm off - I had to at least try to do something about the infection even if I knew in my heart of hearts that it was too late for Lee.
  • Stayed calm Kenny - I'm assuming this refers to the option of whether to grab the bust or not. I freaked out when I had the option to pick up the bust. I figured if I picked it up I would've busted Kenny's head open or something and make things even worse so I didn't do a thing.
  • Surrendered weapons - I figured I'd get shot or something if he found out I still had the cleaver on me.
  • Didn't kill the stranger - This one was by accident. I really felt sorry for Clem for having to do that so suddenly.
  • Stopped Lee from turning - I think this was definitely the best thing to do. It really is best for her to see Lee as the caring surrogate father to the very end and not a walker. I also feel like this was probably the final lesson Lee taught her: how to mercy kill someone.

Oh man, I was so depressed throughout the final half of the Episode, especially the final moments, and I still am now. The only real thing I'm a little miffed about is that they could have done more with Ben. I did like it when he confronted Kenny about his feelings after we escaped the hospital, but in the end his bad luck pretty much screwed him over. It just felt like a waste to have that moment and then have him bite the dust shortly after.

Otherwise, I found it to be a great ending and I can't wait for season 2.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Milkman
@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@RecSpec said:

Then as Lee behind the gate all you see is the Walkers go by towards Kenny and Ben, you hear a single gunshot but you (the player) don't see what happened. When you go back up top it gives you a choice as to what you think happened (whether Kenny shot Ben to put him out of his misery or fought them off).

Huh, interesting. I had a few bullets left (didn't use all five in the house) so I gave him what I had left. And in my game I heard two shots.

Wow, really? That's pretty interesting. I didn't think the game went that deep with your choices. 
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#65  Edited By StarvingGamer
  • Chopped arm - I didn't think it would work, but I did hope it would buy Lee more time
  • Kept it cool with Kenny - I saw the huge flashing orange prompt over the bust but I simply couldn't bring myself to attack him
  • Surrendered weapons - I figured lying might make him off Lee then and there before I could try to talk him down or whatever
  • Killed stranger - I didn't even realize this was an option, I just kept mashing the button until the crazy fucker stopped moving
  • Didn't have Clem shoot Lee - I wasn't going to inflict her with even more psychological trauma just to ease Lee's suffering

@Hunkulese said:

@RecSpec said:

@hbkdx12: Did you actually see Kenny shoot Ben? All I saw was the walkers. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it though, I was frantically trying to open the gate.

You don't. You also see a Zombie that has been knocked down after you hear the shot so you don't know who he shot. I didn't really like that part because it was obvious that Ben was done and Kenny had just made the speech about not giving up and then he pretty much gives up. He had one bullet and more than enough time to run yet he chooses to stay and fight off the zombies with one bullet? What was he hoping to accomplish?

@GorillaMoPena said:

What options do you even get if you started episode 5 alone? I assume obviously you meet back up with everyone.

I assumed Kenny went down fighting and used the last bullet to take at least one zombie out trying to protect Ben.

Also pro tip: Don't play all of Spec Ops: The Line and this episode back to back. That wasn't good for me.

You don't actually see Kenny shoot Ben, but right before the shot Ben is in the middle of screaming something. Then the gun goes off and Ben stops mid-word. Not a peep after that. Kenny definitely shot him.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Chopped my arm off
  • I think I lost my temper? I didn't attempt to hit him when it prompted me but I did scream 'Well then just fucking kill me god dammit" or something along those lines.
  • Surrendered my weapon
  • So... Clem shot him. You're able to choke him out in the closet? (I was tapping Q less than max speed so as to not wake my family with the clicky-clacky.)
  • I couldn't make her shoot me.

GOOD LORD THAT ENDING/POST CREDIT CLIFF HANGER

Edit: I'm so glad they explored the whole Ben's still a kid angle; that's what I've felt the whole time about him so I never really got mad at him and felt sorry for him.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By fobwashed

Wow. That ending. . . I don't know how different it gets for people depending on choices, but that ending was pretty damn amazing. I don't think I've ever felt as concerned about a video game character as I did for Clementine as things were falling apart near the end. Real freaking powerful stuff. . .

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FoolishChaos

Kinda surprised that so many people chose to chop off the arm. I kind of wanted to do it just to see how the rest of the game would play out, with you know, one arm, but it seemed more practical to keep it and accept my fate. Lee had been bitten for too long. Probably.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Dragon4234

Man f- this game. I was in tears for the whole ending segment. Fucking Telltale. As for my choices.

• Didn't Chop Arm: I was alone for this section so I figured I would of been screwed if I did it but it made kinda awkward to see animations on Lee that clearly were for him with one arm. Though dual wielding at the end was badass.
  • Calmly argued: I had already accepted that Lee had low chances so I kinda made it like a suicide run, so I felt pretty zen about the whole thing so I didn't lose it with the bastard. That or I was in a emotional shutdown state because of shock/denial/need to get that little girl like right fucking now.
  • Didn't Surrender: Man fuck that. That's about all my reasoning.
  • Killed Stranger: Man fuck him. That's about all my reasoning. Motherfucking School Days fucker.
  • Clem shot Lee: What really killed it for me on this scene was Lee's voice actor just bringing that broken voice. I feel like in a world like this that even if you tried to protect her from the horrors, it's just everywhere. I didn't want her to have the idea of zombie Lee walking around eating other people, I wanted her to remember Lee the way he protected her through out all of it. Maybe I just didn't want to see Lee turn myself.
audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#70  Edited By audioBusting
  • Chopped off arm: Worked in the comic, why not. Didn't think it'll actually work, but they wouldn't let Lee die of blood loss in the first 20 minutes... right? Actually it's a bit hard to tell.
  • Kept my cool: As big of a jackass Kenny sometimes is, I'm not going to just bust his head off. That moment did catch me off-guard, though, I was really close to clicking it.
  • Surrender: Not taking any chances with this guy. Really glad it worked out in the end, but where the fuck did the cleaver go after the psycho died?
  • Killed stranger: Dude was a psycho. It's a bit weird how Clem rationalized it, though.
  • Stopped Lee from turning: Clem needs to learn to let go. I knew from the beginning that it'll come to this.. but fuck.. that fucking scene..

Dang, it's amazing how well the series ended. That disclaimer in the beginning wasn't kidding, the choices do matter significantly somehow. That confrontation with the kidnapper was fucking great. Telltale made a good decision to not include any music in that scene, and to tell us how horrible the choices we made were in the game. I was speechless. I ended up picking "..." for every bad decision he told me I did.

edit: by the way, is it just me or is the Steam achievement for completing the final chapter broken?

And did anyone go look for Clem alone at the end of episode 4? Do you have to cut the arm by yourself then?

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Dragon4234

@audioBusting: I didn't do it but I don't see how Lee could do it any other way then himself.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Wampa1

@audioBusting: I didn't get the achievement either, but there's no way in hell I'm going back and playing those scenes again. The games a closed book now, going back would cheapen it.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Dark

I cried like a little boy, a grown man just crying so bad.

- Arm cutoff. It seemed like something you would do to get at least a little more time, Clem wasn't safe yet.

- Kept my cool. I actually liked Kenny and stuck with him through the whole game, I wasn't angry with him.

- Surrendered the weapons. I liked first off about only having the radio, but decided it best when he questioned a second time to just get rid of it all. It actually worked out.

- Killed the stranger. It looked like she would have been alone soon, with the whole bite and fever thing. Got rid of him myself so he wouldn't be an issue for her later.

- Saved the bullet. Lee was handcuffed already, he wasn't going anywhere and as Lee said himself 'You might need the bullet'. Plus its a bit harsh getting her to kill him with how emotional she was.

I can't get over how sad that ending was, the after credits made me think it was Omede and Crysta. There shapes didn't line up though so, season 2!!!!!.

I cried so hard, so very hard.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#74  Edited By happenstance

I didnt get the last achievement either. Also, I sobbed like a baby at the end scenes.

My choices:

- Cut my arm off. Figured it was my best bet.

- Kept my cool. Kenny annoyed me throughout most of the game but I still tried to reconcile in this last episode.

- Surrendered my weapons. Tried at first with just the radio but gave up the knife as well in the end.

- Didnt kill the stranger. Good old Clem managed to do it for me.

- Had Clem kill me. Poor Clem.

Cant wait for season 2 anyway. I wonder if the choices from the end of this will change how that one starts with the silhouettes. Amazing game though, easily my game of the year.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#75  Edited By StarvingGamer
  • Chopped arm - I didn't think it would work, but I did hope it would buy Lee more time
  • Kept it cool with Kenny - I saw the huge flashing orange prompt over the bust but I simply couldn't bring myself to attack him
  • Surrendered weapons - I figured lying might make him off Lee then and there before I could try to talk him down or whatever
  • Killed stranger - I didn't even realize this was an option, I just kept mashing the button until the crazy fucker stopped moving
  • Didn't have Clem shoot Lee - I wasn't going to inflict her with even more psychological trauma just to ease Lee's suffering

@Hunkulese said:

@RecSpec said:

@GorillaMoPena said:

You don't actually see Kenny shoot Ben, but right before the shot Ben is in the middle of screaming something. Then the gun goes off and Ben stops mid-word. Not a peep after that. Kenny definitely shot him.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dezztroy

Glad Clementine will be the focus of season 2 as well (I'm assuming, atleast).

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

I was crying at the end.

Game of the Year.

• Chopped arm
  • Kept calm with Kenny
  • Lied, then surrendered weapons
  • Clem killed the stranger
  • Got Clementine to shoot Lee before he turned.

Just... god damn.

Fuck.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mellotronrules

just finished. they certainly stuck the god damned ending. well done, telltale.

true to the spirit of the walking dead, excellent writing, and i dare say they've gone so far as to advance the artistic merit of video games as a whole. this stands as definitive proof you can write a gripping story that doesn't pander to any preconceived notions of what you should and should not do in the medium.

seriously, well done telltale. goty for me, easily.

-and fyi- last steam achievement didn't hit for me either.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#79  Edited By RedSox8933

@audioBusting: Yep, cut it off all by myself. I was wondering the opposite of that...who cuts off the arm if you bring several people?

Strongbadman47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Strongbadman47

Really amazing ending and game as a whole.

I'll admit that I didn't feel as much as others who played through it; got to shed a single tear at the very end though.

Been listening to it on repeat for more than two hours now. Beautiful song.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#81  Edited By BeachThunder
Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

These were my choices

• Chopped my arm off
  • Lost my temper with Kenny
  • Surrendered my weapons
  • Killed the stranger
  • Stopped Lee from turning

If this doesn't win GOTY from everywhere it'll be a fucking tragedy. I cried like a fucking baby at the end and during the credits.

Fuck you Telltale. I can't wait for season 2!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CaLe

Shit, I hit start on the credits and didn't see any epilogue. Only 2 games have ever made me cry and this is one of them. (To The Moon was the other)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By BeachThunder

@ChadMasterFlash said:

If this doesn't win GOTY from everywhere it'll be a fucking tragedy. I cried like a fucking baby at the end and during the credits.

Well, it's not like the game didn't have its fair share of issues:

• Data issues (not loading the right choices, not showing proper statistic names/showing incorrect stat values, the game not correctly showing that episodes are installed).
  • Some really bad muddy textures.
  • Fixed camera angles/Limited movement control around the environment.
  • Lack of actual choice consequence.
  • Frustrating Quick time events and action/shooting sequences.
  • Some mouse and keyboard awkwardness.
  • Erratic release schedule.
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@BeachThunder said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

• Data issues (not loading the right choices, not showing proper statistic names/showing incorrect stat values, the game not correctly showing that episodes are installed).

Yeah, that's all true but if you go by technical issues, Skyrim shouldn't have been GOTY anywhere. Save issues, crashing and freezing and hell it flat out didn't play on the PS3 and still barely runs on it. I'm not saying technical issues should be overlooked they're there in every game and sometimes ruin experiences.

H_O_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By H_O_C

For all of you who also watch the AMC show, I thought I could pull a Hershel by cutting my arm off, but apparently, that didn't work

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BeachThunder

@ChadMasterFlash said:

@BeachThunder said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

Yeah, that's all true but if you go by technical issues, Skyrim shouldn't have been GOTY anywhere. Save issues, crashing and freezing and hell it flat out didn't play on the PS3 and still barely runs on it.

Well, look, I love Walking Dead, I'd say it's #2 for me (XCOM is 1); it's just that we shouldn't sweep the game's issues under the rug.

ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@BeachThunder said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

@BeachThunder said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

Yeah, that's all true but if you go by technical issues, Skyrim shouldn't have been GOTY anywhere. Save issues, crashing and freezing and hell it flat out didn't play on the PS3 and still barely runs on it.

Well, look, I love Walking Dead, I'd say it's #2 for me (XCOM is 1); it's just that we shouldn't sweep the game's issues under the rug.

Yeah, they shouldn't. I also don't really know how wide spread the bugs were, I never had any problems. Either way this game shouldn't be over looked the story alone is one of the best stories in a video game I have ever played.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By joshthebear

Man, that was fucking intense and beautiful. My choices:

- Chopped off my arm
- Lost my temper w/ Kenny
- Surrendered my weapons
- Didn't kill the stranger
- Didn't let Lee turn

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#90  Edited By golguin

I want to first start by saying that I got hit by the choices bug when I started episode 5 and the game said that I left Duck to die in the woods and Clem had on the sweater. I checked another file and that one said that Ben was dead when he should have been alive. Playing the last section of the previous episode had fixed this kind of stuff, but those were decisions altered from several episodes ago and it didn't work. I went into episode 5 knowing that at the very least the game said I took the supplies and left Duck to die. It turned out those choices did have an impact on the final episode, but nothing that had a lasting effect in the end. Now back to my choices.

• Chopped off my arm because I watch the TV show and hoped that it could save me or at least buy me some time.
  • I kept things calm with Kenny and I didn't pick up the bust.
  • I gave up my weapons because the dude was pointing a gun at me and I didn't want to do anything that would endanger Clem.
  • It seems that I killed the stranger when I strangled him. I think it's amazing that this only happens because I (and many others it seems) kept mashing that button even after the prompt disappeared. I had no intention of letting off until Lee himself let go. It was also cool to see Clem work him with a cleaver.
  • I had Clem shoot me because she had to let me go. She needed to know what it took to make a mercy killing and I couldn't have her see me turn. She seemed set on trying to save me despite the fact that I was turning. She needed to accept my fate and I told her she was strong enough to do it and survive on her own.

The whole ending sequence from the moment where Lee went crazy on the zombies outside to the final scene with Clem in the field was all industry changing stuff. That's how you end a game that depends almost entirely on its story. Admitting all the things I did to the crazy guy on the sofa and seeing how my choices destroyed his life was second only to the final scene between Clem and Lee.

I think this is GOTY 2012 despite the technical and save data issues.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#91  Edited By CooVee

- Chopped off Lee's arm (that was...not pleasant)  
- Argued calmly with Kenny 
 - Kept my weapons 
- Didn't kill the stranger (Nice shot Clem) 
- Didn't let Lee turn

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#92  Edited By deathbyyeti

@H_O_C: Lee waited far too long. By then it should have been in his blood

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ghostiet
  • Left the arm intact. There was no point in chopping it off at this point - too much time passed since the bite, and I figured that hand might come in handy, even if it goes numb.
  • I reasoned with Kenny until I lashed out at him by telling him to fucking kill me, but I didn't grab the bust. I didn't try to pick a fight or anything, but I figured that a scream would wake him up, since it worked with Ben.
  • Surrendered the weapons. Figured he would frisk my anyway.
  • Killed the stranger. I mashed that Q button to the bitter, fucking end. It was almost a primal reflex.
  • Didn't let Lee turn. Moments before, Clementine saw her zombified parents. Enough is enough. She already shot a zombie, killed another one and put a meat clever into a guy's shoulder, so giving her surrogate parent a death he wanted could only be kathartic.
GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#94  Edited By GS_Dan

I reckoned Lee only had a minute tops before amputating would have been useless, blood circulation and all that. Was the amputation that bad?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#95  Edited By AndrewB
  • Removed the arm (and then re-loaded and didn't... and then re-loaded and did... honestly, that was the only tough decision in the whole episode). The difficulty here as someone with very limited knowledge of the series as a whole and exactly what type of zambie we're dealing with is not if chopping off the arm will save Lee, but whether it will buy him any time and whether or not the tradeoff of missing an arm was going to mean the precious few hours/whatever necessary to accomplish the mission.
  • Argued calmly with Kenny. I was never his enemy, and I wanted him to know that.
  • Kept a weapon, I guess. That situation just flew by too quickly and worked out just fine. After all, the guy was "just a father," and I offered to have him search me.
  • Didn't kill him. Clementine was too quick on that one.
  • Obviously, I didn't let Lee turn. I was waiting the entire episode for the "If I'm going to turn into a zambie, take me out" option.

Okay, this episode was short and predictable, but I'm satisfied with the series as a whole. Give me a second season with maybe a little less direct of a convergence of story after all of the choices I've made and you have another game of the year. As it stands, I'm going to have to think long and hard about the positioning of this game on my top 3 list (spoilers: actually, more like top 2).

@BeachThunder said:

Did anyone else not get the final achievement? =/

Now that you mention it...

Bug, or did I miss something?

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#96  Edited By Oni

To those who went along with Christa, Omid and Kenny: Anyone know if it's possible to NOT have Kenny die? When the walkie drops into the hole, can you just ignore it and move on with the whole group? Also, what happens when you let Christa and Omid cross the sign first? I went first, the thing broke off and I fought my way through the streets to the hotel.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really guys, crying at the ending? I guess I'm heartless.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#98  Edited By willin

So apparently I'm the only one here who isn't a big baby. I'm tough.

• Chopped off my arm. Not because it could get me a few hours to rescue Clem but I wanted to keep the group at ease from me turning.
  • Calmly argued with Kenny. We're bros.
  • Left my weapons. He had a gun and could of easily taken Clem hostage. If he saw I had a weapon he could of done anything.
  • Clem shot me. It's was REALLY FUCKING DEVASTATING but I didn't not cry. I felt like I was emulating Lee, if Clem had to be strong I had to be strong. Or something like that. (Still think MGS3 is the saddest video game ending)

GOTY is between Journey and Walking Dead. Both emotional experiences for different reasons.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BeachThunder

@Zacagawea said:

Really guys, crying at the ending? I guess I'm heartless.

Same. Although, I'd like to think of myself as a robot :o

santoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By santoo

liked the finale quite a bit.

-l kept my arm (come on, even if it stopped the infection, either you die of loosing too much blood, or at least you are out of action for a couple of days), -was calm, -gave up weapons, -didn't kill stranger, -didn't let lee turn (with hindsight: should have let him turn, he was handcuffed anyway & the bullet could be more useful for Clem later)

- apart from the keep/remove_arm and leave/shoot_lee decision, I was not aware of making any decisions at the time this ep.

- do the dialogue-options have any effect? esp. with feedback on ("X will remember that you said that") - I didn't feel like it mattered at all (e.g. told the Omid & Christa that I want them to take care of Clem - no payoff. told Clem to keep her hair short, which she promises - is that a ponytail I see her having in the epilogue? brat ;-) etc...

- strange timing: don't know, if anyone else went for that dialogue-choice, but I told Omid & Christa that from now on, I would be the one taking risks (having been bitten already) - very NEXT scene has them walking first over a sketchy-looking wooden bridge. damn it.

- a couple of times I thought I got the wrong graphics: one-armed Lee instead of two-armed Lee (btw: for all those that amputated: how did the run-to-hotel-through-zombie-hordes-scene play out? two-armed Lee got a cleaver for one hand and a shard of glass for the other :-)

- has anyone tried sending Omid & Christa over to the hotel first?