• 57 results
#1 Posted by Nightriff (5079 posts) -

How do y'all feel about this? Is Clementine a selling point for you guys?

Personally I kinda wanted the season to be separate of each other with new characters in new settings with new stories. Her returning....doesn't mean I won't buy it by any means but I might just wait till the entire season is on sale or something.

Link

#2 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

Yeah I wanted it to be a fresh start too but if they do this well then cool.

#3 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I'm not going to be as attached to a new season as much as the first one.

I don't even care to play the 400 days chapter.

The first one was a good story for me and for me it ended already.

#4 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

If she's a zombie and/or I have to kill her... I'm gonna get very angry and send a strongly worded email to Telltale Games and make a thread on GiantBomb telling other people how angry I am.

I will be very angry.

#5 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Nooooooo, I didn't want to know anything about Season 2.

#6 Posted by Hunter5024 (5670 posts) -

When the first season ended I was very much in the "totally separate story" camp, but since then my interest in a brand new zombie story has really dropped. Seeing that Clementine's story will continue in this season makes me significantly more interested.

#7 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Just to be clear here, "be part of the game" does in fact not mean "OMG! SHE'S TOTALLY GONNA BE THE ONLY PERSON YOU PLAY AS IN THE GAME! WOO! OMG OMG!" .. Could be a tiny part, could be a big part. Nobody knows except, you know, the people who actually matter(the guys over at Telltale)

#8 Edited by bybeach (4823 posts) -

Clemintine is going to get more ppl. done in than the Walking Dead. She's seems to have a good knack for finding somebody who cares about her...generally everyone. Well except for jerks, and the Walking Dead get them too.

I'm just making light of a 'game' I found too intense and depressing for me personallly to play. The dev tends to be serious about survival, sort of probably not, horror anguish pain and death definetly and on a bloody platter.

#9 Posted by Elwoodan (829 posts) -

@fourwude said:

If she's a zombie and/or I have to kill her... I'm gonna get very angry and send a strongly worded email to Telltale Games and make a thread on GiantBomb telling other people how angry I am.

I will be very angry.

Woah dude, thats only one step away from the nuclear option, the '#saveClem' twitter campaign.

#10 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

I hope she's a zombie/dead so I can hate myself.

#11 Posted by Nicked (248 posts) -

I'm not into these games as much as other people are, but I felt that Clementine was a shallow character and I'm not clamoring for more of her. I hope they do something interesting with her, but I just wouldn't want the sappy-sweet, lovey-dovey, lost-little-puppy, tough-little-toddler-keepin'-her-chin-up schtick again. I know a lot of people really grew attached to her, but her story is not a plot line I'm all that interested in.

That said, after 400 Days I trust TellTale to figure out a cameo or even short plot line involving her that's compelling. I hope she isn't the focus though.

#12 Edited by Animasta (14691 posts) -

meh. She was never that great of a character (those archetypes rarely are) so that does nothing for me.

#13 Posted by SMTDante89 (2577 posts) -

Doesn't affect my purchasing decision one way or another, I was planning to pick the second season up no matter what, and I would have been satisfied either way on whether Clementine would come back or if it would have been a completely separate story from the first season.

#14 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

It would have been really weird if she wasn't in Season 2.

#15 Posted by Slag (4348 posts) -

Dangit, I don't usually care about spoilers, but this thread title was one heck of a largely unavoidable spoiler.

oh well.

#16 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Great news, I was hoping that they wouldn't completely ditch that storyline.

#17 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Will she be older or the same age? The former could be neat, the latter I would fear would be too similar to the first episode.

#18 Posted by Milkman (16781 posts) -

This is the right move. There was no way that they were going to be able to create the same kind of connection that they did in season 1 with a whole new batch of characters. There needs to be some sort of carry over. It's the same reason why I'm not really excited for Persona 5. Sure, it will probably be a good game but if there's no Chie or Kanji or Teddy, like what's the point?

#19 Posted by Hunkulese (2723 posts) -

She'll probably be someone the player murders and then it's revealed to be her because that's Telltale's M.O.

#20 Posted by Reisz (1493 posts) -

400 Days was what I wanted from a new set of characters, I'm kind of ready to see how Clementine is doing now. Especially after getting so attached to Ellie in The Last of Us

#21 Posted by golguin (3923 posts) -

Sounds like good news to me. I really hope she turns into a little zombie killer with swords and guns. Like a little Dante except without the Devil Trigger.

#22 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -

would have been nice if she had some sort of cameo appearance but wasn't part of the main cast. Rather not feel the need to keep raising a young girl in the middle of the zombie apocalypse... did all that in season 1 already.

#23 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5021 posts) -

After she took the shot, she gained a blood lust and shot everything that moved

#24 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3362 posts) -

Oh man I get the feeling they're gonna kill her in the first minute, cause that's what the Walking Dead is all about. Kill a character you care about in the first minute to rip the heart right outta yah.

#25 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (411 posts) -

If it's anything other than a cameo appearance I'll be highly disappointed.

#26 Posted by vegetashonor (610 posts) -

I'll be honest, I want to see where her story goes. I believe it's important to see what the gritty world of new has done to her.

#27 Edited by vegetashonor (610 posts) -

@marz:

@marz said:

would have been nice if she had some sort of cameo appearance but wasn't part of the main cast. Rather not feel the need to keep raising a young girl in the middle of the zombie apocalypse... did all that in season 1 already.

Who's to say she isn't already grown up and gritty as Hell? I'd like to see badass, angry at the world Clemetine!

#28 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1851 posts) -

@milkman said:

This is the right move. There was no way that they were going to be able to create the same kind of connection that they did in season 1 with a whole new batch of characters. There needs to be some sort of carry over. It's the same reason why I'm not really excited for Persona 5. Sure, it will probably be a good game but if there's no Chie or Kanji or Teddy, like what's the point?

There was no Charlie or Mitsuru or Akihiko in Persona 4, but I still enjoyed both.

#29 Edited by Beforet (2921 posts) -

Aww, I wanted the season to be completely separate. I understand the business necessity of bringing Clem back, but I wish they didn't.

#30 Edited by Flappy (2240 posts) -

@artelinarose said:

@milkman said:

There was no Charlie or Mitsuru or Akihiko in Persona 4, but I still enjoyed both.

Wait, what? Charlie wasn't in P4? Then who the hell was that quiet guy runnin' around Inaba?

As a huge Persona fan, I've already come to terms with Persona 5 and its new cast. If there are cameos, then good on them for making a throwback to a quality game. If there aren't, then I'll just, y'know, do what I gotta do. That's almost like wanting Cloud to pop up in every FF game that came after VII. After a while, certain characters/games/whatever get overexposed. I mean, look at how much love P3/P4 have gotten over the years. If they make another remake/spinoff, I may have to choke a bitch.

EDIT: Just so Persona doesn't hijack another topic, I'll throw this out there:

Clementine is pretty cool and I wouldn't mind if we got to see her grow up a lil' bit. Y'know, since we practically molded her into the survivalist that she is today.

#31 Posted by Hailinel (24721 posts) -

So is this going to be another season of predictably expecting everyone but the little girl to get zombie-murdered?

#32 Edited by Tajasaurus (862 posts) -

Only if it's '15 years later...' and she has a chainsaw for a hand

#33 Posted by JackSukeru (5911 posts) -

@golguin said:

Sounds like good news to me. I really hope she turns into a little zombie killer with swords and guns. Like a little Dante except without the Devil Trigger.

Instead she has "Zombie Trigger" where she unleashes her inner zombie. She becomes slow and clumsy, and tries to bite the zombies to death as she shambles around aimlessly.

#34 Posted by EternalVigil (239 posts) -

I think she either appear in one of these 3 ways.

1. Brief cameo in one of the episodes and disappears and not seen again.

2. She'll be a key part of the story at the end of the episodes which will probably end with her dying, because that's what Telltale does

3. The two people on the hill we saw at the end of episode 5 took Clementine to the camp mentioned at the end of 400 days and she'll be there from the onset.

We'll soon find out when the next season is released. They also said They'll explore what happened to Kenny. Goddammit he'd better not be a corpse like Carley/Doug was.

#35 Edited by Xymox (2088 posts) -

Really depends on how they handle it and what part she plays. I also have to question why they're putting her there and how they're going to explain her survival to that point. Yes, I remember the ending of Season 1, but still.

I'm also not so sure about the "Older Clementine" thing. They pulled that stuff in Last of Us after the strongest video game opening of like ever, and the game suffered because of it I think. It's like well that happened, now 15 years later society is rebuilt thanks to martial law, three cheers for martial law! It's like, that initial moment of "oh shit, we're fucked" that's exciting, and it would have been nice to see how the main character actually coped with how fucked shit is in addition to

that thing what happened at the start of that game

@hailinel said:

So is this going to be another season of predictably expecting everyone but the little girl to get zombie-murdered?

Indeed, that kind of predictability is a valid concern as well, especially since they're bringing her back.

That said, it could be pretty fucked up if they had you kill zombie-cameo Clementine.

#36 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3866 posts) -

Shortly after beating the game I believe I posted on here that if they don't ever tell me how she is or if she's alright I would burn down their offices. So somebody must be listening. Yeah I'm happy she's gonna be in the next game. If she's a zombie though...I'll burn telltale to the ground.

#37 Posted by Sweep (8858 posts) -

I'm glad Kenny is coming back as well. I started out hating that guy but as the series went on I grew to genuinely appreciate his presence.

#38 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

Why does Telltale feel the need to make these details known? That would've been a cool surprise.

#39 Posted by Killerfridge (309 posts) -

So what's gonna happen is, you kill zombie clementine in the first episode, then Sean Vanaman pops up and shouts "IT'S ON NOW, SON!"

In all seriousness, This should either be a cameo, or have her grown up. If she heavily features in season 2 as a young girl, then it'll probably be too similar. But what do I know, they're the professionals.

I should really play 400 days.

#40 Edited by Humanity (9214 posts) -

I hope they'll also confirm better gameplay cause while the story was pretty good towards the end, playing that game was only average at best and it IS a game after all.

#41 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@sweep said:

I'm glad Kenny is coming back as well. I started out hating that guy but as the series went on I grew to genuinely appreciate his presence.

Wait, there's a way for Kenny to stay alive...goddamn it, I knew I should have left Ben for dead.

#42 Posted by Milkman (16781 posts) -

@sweep said:

Wait, there's a way for Kenny to stay alive...goddamn it, I knew I should have left Ben for dead.

If you let Ben live, it's heavily implied that Kenny dies in episode 5 but I guess technically you never see a body. It still seems kind of weird that he would be alive though.

#43 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4604 posts) -

Season 2 you play as a self-aware zombie who tries to seek redemption after eating Clementine. DRAMA.

Also, random question now that these games are a thing again: If I didn't much care for TWD game after the first two episodes, does that mean it's just not my thing, or does it get dramatically better in the back half?

#44 Edited by WarlordPayne (700 posts) -

Season 2 you play as a self-aware zombie who tries to seek redemption after eating Clementine. DRAMA.

Also, random question now that these games are a thing again: If I didn't much care for TWD game after the first two episodes, does that mean it's just not my thing, or does it get dramatically better in the back half?

If the second episode didn't grab you then don't bother.

#45 Posted by JasonR86 (9697 posts) -

Having finished 400 Days I'm a little less excited about this game. I'm worried that a second time will be too much for this style of game. But we'll see. But Clementine being a part of the game is really a non-thing for me.

#46 Posted by KoolAid (936 posts) -

I just don't want it to be a "3 years later" kinda thing or something. What I liked about that story was that surviving day to day was such a challenge. If Clementine survives on her own for an extended period of time... well that's a story that needs to be told. I don't see how they can just skip that.

#47 Posted by Castiel (2615 posts) -

Telltale need a new engine and that is all I have to say. I liked TWD, episode 2 was the highlight, and the rest of the time it was a little hit or miss imo, but man that game ran like shite at times. The image would freeze for a few seconds, because it was loading or something, but the audio would keep playing and it was just a mess.

#48 Edited by ZolRoyce (694 posts) -

@hailinel said:

That would be pretty cool if they did with season 2 what they did with 400 days and have you jump around multiple characters through the game, that way anyone is up for grabs, as I agree, until the very last episode of season 1, the only two people I didn't have to worry about at all were Clem and Lee, but if we were jumping between people, we could worry about everyone! Horray!

#49 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5479 posts) -

Had absolutely no idea about Clem making an appearance for Season 2. It makes sense and I'd love to see the character return in some capacity. I'd hope that she's older though, or at the very least a substantial amount of time has passed since the end of season 1.

#50 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1851 posts) -

They already said she'd be in season 2 months ago.