• 61 results
#51 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3966 posts) -

@immortalsaiyan said:

@lind_l_taylor said:

I might pay $30. Looks on par with Deadly Premonition. Something I still need to S-rank.

That is a massive insult to Deadly Premonition. DP is a game with heart made by a passionate team whose bizarre singular vision I found very funny. The Walking Dead just looks like it was thrown together and that no one cared about it.

I still dont believe Deadly Premonition was intended to be terrible

@immortalsaiyan said:

@lind_l_taylor said:

I might pay $30. Looks on par with Deadly Premonition. Something I still need to S-rank.

That is a massive insult to Deadly Premonition. DP is a game with heart made by a passionate team whose bizarre singular vision I found very funny. The Walking Dead just looks like it was thrown together and that no one cared about it.

yeah i would back you up on that, what turned DP around was how wacky and on the nose the story was for what it was trying to do. The game play was the weakest part of that game. Walking dead seems below average on all fronts. Wait a few months it will be in the bargain bins in time.

Sorry I didn't mean to shit all over DP. I figured I would probably get some type of enjoyment out of it, even if it's a 'bad' game, like DP is said to be bad...but perhaps this new TWD game is completely unplayable, repetitive, & shit like Too Human. :-)

#52 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Looks like a rental to me

#53 Posted by Nightriff (5084 posts) -

From the QL, it just looked fucking boring, that was the worst part to me, no heart, no soul, just a waste of time if I were to play it

#54 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@lind_l_taylor said:

@phantomzxro said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@lind_l_taylor said:

yeah i would back you up on that, what turned DP around was how wacky and on the nose the story was for what it was trying to do. The game play was the weakest part of that game. Walking dead seems below average on all fronts. Wait a few months it will be in the bargain bins in time.

Sorry I didn't mean to shit all over DP. I figured I would probably get some type of enjoyment out of it, even if it's a 'bad' game, like DP is said to be bad...but perhaps this new TWD game is completely unplayable, repetitive, & shit like Too Human. :-)

i liked too human

#55 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The game could have been a lot better. It is rushed and lacks polish in a lot of areas, making it seem more of a cash grab on a popular T.V Show. It has no reason to be this bad when TellTale did an amazing job before this.

Its not quirky like DP was or had any plot twists. Its also overly short and the "Random areas" you find are often the exact same area over and over. I ran into the same area three times in a row at one point.

Not to mention they spawn zombies in at random times ( and spawn them out) I have even seen zombies appear and disappear into thin air wile running around.

#56 Posted by XChairmanDrekX (284 posts) -

I really hope everyone who played this game here rented it.

I really do hope so, if there is to be any hope left in this industry...$60 dollars for this, are you kidding me?

#57 Posted by ripelivejam (3965 posts) -

one word summation:

meh

#58 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

This game is amazing, fuck you guys.

said nobody

#59 Posted by Dauthi693 (130 posts) -

Yea its one of those not as bad as i thought it would be ... but thats not saying much there are plenty other games out there that deserve you money alot more its not like we are short on choice your money is better spent elsewhere.

#60 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3966 posts) -

And did you almost S-rank it like me? Trust me, kid. I know what I'm talking about. If
you don't have a score north of 900, you don't hate this game enough.

@lind_l_taylor said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@lind_l_taylor said:

@phantomzxro said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@lind_l_taylor said:

i liked too human

#61 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

No matter how not bad this game is there are certainly better games you could be playing.

#62 Edited by James_Hayward (360 posts) -

Finally got around to playing this after Alex's "would have given it zero stars if that were possible" comment on the game of the year podcasts. Surely it couldn't be *that* bad?

and it wasn't that bad...I'm inclined to agree with the OP.

In fact, it held my attention for two playthroughs and while it is certainly in the 'bad game' category by anyone's standards, it still has a core to it that is intriguing enough. It nails some of the tension that State of Decay didn't have (Survival Instinct's ranger station jump scare was very well set up and definitely got me) ... but in every other way, State of Decay was a better zombie survival / resource management game.