Is this the Walking Dead season 3?

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I saw this pop up in my steam recommended list today, and the fact that it's not explicitly labelled "Season 3" leads me to wonder if this is the new season, or another crappy knock off like that Michonne one.

Anybody know?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Yeah, it's Season Three, with Clementine back. I played both the first two Seasons late, really just after Season Two was fully out, and it turned out that I absolutely loved the experience. I wasn't sure if I would, as I wasn't, and still am not that into zombie stuff, and I wasn't into the show. My feelings have somewhat changed since then, since while I don't love zombie stuff, there are many great stories that involve zombies, and The Walking Dead isn't really about the zombies, but about the cast of human characters. That all said, I haven't yet experienced a Telltale game where I had to wait for each episode, and having to wait, I am not that excited for the first episode. I will wait until all of them are out until I think about getting into it.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this turns out fine. Seems like Telltale have been getting worse and worse when it comes to technical problems.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BisonHero

Surprised that I keep seeing people say that about technical problems. I haven't heard about major issues other than the save problems in Walking Dead Season 1, and anecdotally neither myself nor my friends have had technical issues with any of their games since Walking Dead Season 1. Graphically their games are looking a little dated, but no complaints beyond that.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised that I keep seeing people say that about technical problems. I haven't heard about major issues other than the save problems in Walking Dead Season 1, and anecdotally neither myself nor my friends have had technical issues with any of their games since Walking Dead Season 1. Graphically their games are looking a little date, but no complaints beyond that.

I'm not talking about TWD but their other games just seem to be getting more and more buggy, Batman is a hot mess.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Season Two was ok... let's just hope they don't drag this thing out like they have done the TV show.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: NOOOO!!!

Clem again?! I thought they made season 2 so open ended because it's the last story with Clem in it. It would be so much more interesting if they just went ahead and made a new group of survivors, Clem's story never needed an extension, it ended so perfectly in the first season and season 2 just sort of messed it all up.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2 Clem was a beast. I'm not sure how long they can keep this up but at least there's a gap between series'.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@random45: Feelin pretty good with my decision to stay away from season two.

No interest in playing as Clem or another character around her. So much of what made the first season so incredible was NPC Clem interacting with player-character Lee. Taking direct control of her personality and decision-making takes away from that, and playing as another character around her almost feels like weirdly cheating death.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@wynnduffy: I played the first 3 episodes of Batman last night and it ran perfectly. I probably got lucky though because last year I played Tales from the Borderlands and the frame rate went to shit during the epic climax of episode 5.

I did not like season 2 very much. I didn't care about the new characters and the situations weren't as tense as the first season. I really, really, really liked TWD S1, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands (minus the technical issues), and even Batman so far. Hopefully they get it right this time. It seemed like the Michonne spin-off wasn't that great, so my hopes aren't very high.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering TT has a habit of killing everyone off but Clem, this feels like another story about a new group of people that will all be killed except her.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I really liked season 1 but lost all interest when I tried to replay and make different choices and realized it was just an illusion of choice and none of them matter. It took me a long time to give season 2 a try but I ended up liking it a lot more than I expected. I viewed it as a TV show rather than a game where choices matter and played it like a linear story. With that mindset I was able to enjoy it despite the fact that I knew the choices doesn't matter.

I will probably play this new one at some point.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By aktivity

I really didn't like season 2, couldn't even force myself to finish it. I'll check-in again after the whole season is out to find out if it's worth picking up again.
The first episode of Batman was kinda rough for me, I kept getting stuck in the codex screen unable to progress. And the game does not work with DSR at all, which was annoying given the low quality of the visuals.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how much they'll lean on Clem as a foster mother. I feel like viewing that from another person would've been interesting. I mean, at some point, they have to give you a new perspective on that girl. Maybe when she's a grizzled vet in her late-teens.

And then she gets got because of a decision that wasn't really a decision.

bobeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought season 2 was every bit as good as season 1 and can't wait to get back. I don't watch the show or any other TT game, but I'm all in on Clementime.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it is season 3 and from what I can tell Clem is several years older now.

As someone who LOVED season 1, liked season 2, but doesn't like the show, i'm mildly interested.

I really enjoy Telltale games, but my issue is they always drop prices when the 2nd/3rd episode comes out. So I will just wait until the entire season comes out for 50% off

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'll pass.

Season 1 was awesome, just because the writing felt so tight and the decisions were hard, even if they didn't matter in a huge way. Season 2 felt really cheap in a lot of places and I felt like it really did a disservice to Kenny as a character, even if they did try to go some places with him.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: I haven't looked into it the most I could, but I know she's much older now, and the focus isn't all on Clem.

MarstraNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarstraNo

@wjb: I am actually kind off ?hoping? (seems weird, because I like Clem) that they let Clem go and continue the story with someone else or just end it after the third season.

Regardless, I am pretty curious to see how it turns out. I do also hope it is better then the second season.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'll pass.

Season 1 was awesome, just because the writing felt so tight and the decisions were hard, even if they didn't matter in a huge way. Season 2 felt really cheap in a lot of places and I felt like it really did a disservice to Kenny as a character, even if they did try to go some places with him.

Late reply but huh, I'm a little surprised by that comment. Not in terms of liking Season 1 and disliking Season 2 generally - I thought it was a massive drop in quality, especially when compared with TellTale series that came out around the same time like Wolf Among Us and Tales From The Borderlands - but I actually thought what they did with Kenny was one of the few saving graces of that season. His descent from recovering broken man to mad dog (foreshadowed brilliantly in episode 1) was one of the few things in Season 2 that felt really genuine, and the conflict of the final episode felt very appropriate considering how everything else was established. I ended up killing him just because it felt like a natural beat to the plot at that point, and it was probably the only truly emotional moment of the series other than a bit of sadness when they cheaply killed off Luke.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@lackingsaint: While my thoughts are more or less in line with yours, I do think it's a little bit unfair to say it was the only emotional moment. I'd like to remind you of the gosh darn puppy! I thought I'd found a friend for life! That genuinely upset me, damn it!

Ahem, perhaps a little closer to earth, I found the scene with Clementine beating the everloving shit out of that man with a pipe, or a crowbar or what it was, fairly disturbing. And god knows I held my breath at the end of episode 4, I think it was, when the new mama got all zombified during the stand-off, and you had the option of shooting her as she went for her own baby, likely starting a gunfight, or leaving the little life to die and thus likely saving your own life in the process.

Season 2 was a let-down, no way around it, but it did it's share of "good" moments.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By LackingSaint

@do_the_manta_ray:That's fair. In isolation there were a lot of moments that hit the mark (although unfortunately the actual choice at the end of episode 4 was slightly weaker than what you were thinking, with it being a choice between shooting the baby or just yelling at Kenny to shoot the baby). The issue for me was how few of them felt like natural progressions of an idea (Which Kenny was a star example of) and more like cloying attempts to shock emotions out of the player. The sudden character deaths which this game was littered with are prime examples, as was in my opinion the puppy dog scene which seemed a little sudden and crass - though I did end up liking it however when I saw the later parallels with Kenny. Moments in the first season, like Katjaa's suicide or Kenny killing Larry or Kenny sacrificing himself for Ben or Lilly shooting Carley/Doug, those were perfect because once the shock wore off they made SENSE - they weren't "everything was fine BUT THEN THIS THING HAPPENED!!" which I felt like we got more in Season 2.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@lackingsaint: In regards to the choice at the end of chapter 4, that is a genuine bummer. In my head, that was one of the moments that actually had me stunned with indecision, something that rarely happened in that game, or heck, any game save a select few.

And you're absolutely right. In contrast to season 1, it is a flawed, rehashed by-the-numbers adventure. Outside that context, I still think it's a better game than it's given credit for. Some people hate it with a vehement passion, which I think is a bit much.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@the_nubster said:

I'll pass.

Late reply but huh, I'm a little surprised by that comment. Not in terms of liking Season 1 and disliking Season 2 generally - I thought it was a massive drop in quality, especially when compared with TellTale series that came out around the same time like Wolf Among Us and Tales From The Borderlands - but I actually thought what they did with Kenny was one of the few saving graces of that season. His descent from recovering broken man to mad dog (foreshadowed brilliantly in episode 1) was one of the few things in Season 2 that felt really genuine, and the conflict of the final episode felt very appropriate considering how everything else was established. I ended up killing him just because it felt like a natural beat to the plot at that point, and it was probably the only truly emotional moment of the series other than a bit of sadness when they cheaply killed off Luke.

My issues with the handling of that character is because it undoes his entire redemption from Season 1. I think he was written pretty brilliantly in Season 2 (actually one of the more interesting aspects of it) but there was a real serious disconnect from where he ended up in Season 1. It didn't feel like the same character.

SharkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@do_the_manta_ray:That's fair. In isolation there were a lot of moments that hit the mark (although unfortunately the actual choice at the end of episode 4 was slightly weaker than what you were thinking, with it being a choice between shooting the baby or just yelling at Kenny to shoot the baby). The issue for me was how few of them felt like natural progressions of an idea (Which Kenny was a star example of) and more like cloying attempts to shock emotions out of the player. The sudden character deaths which this game was littered with are prime examples, as was in my opinion the puppy dog scene which seemed a little sudden and crass - though I did end up liking it however when I saw the later parallels with Kenny. Moments in the first season, like Katjaa's suicide or Kenny killing Larry or Kenny sacrificing himself for Ben or Lilly shooting Carley/Doug, those were perfect because once the shock wore off they made SENSE - they weren't "everything was fine BUT THEN THIS THING HAPPENED!!" which I felt like we got more in Season 2.

personally i hated season 2, i really felt like i didn't really have a decision with most of my decisions. Every time i felt like the story was forcing me to make a decision i chose the opposite, and you know what happened? the reverse of what i chose more often than not. it was like they wrote the story for the one decision only, and said fuck the other decisions and wrote very little to back them up.

I only came into this forum, because i heard they fucked everyone over with some sort of flashback, and i wanted to see if it was true.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MezZa

@sharkman: That's pretty much how I felt halfway into season 1, and it turned me off the series in a bad way. I sided with the woman (I can't remember her name anymore) over Kenny on almost every decision, and turns out they were planning on forcing me onto Kenny's team. Wrote her out of the game, and my prior choices had no say in the matter. Fun... Glad I avoided season 2 completely if it's just more of the same.