Just encountered this bug/glitch with Roach

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By overnow

I just ran into a massive bug and I figured I'd post about it here. I decided to fast travel back to White Orchard and I messed around a bit there, then I fast traveled back to Velen and did those fight club quests, then next thing I know Roach no longer has the "X to mount" prompt. I had noticed it a little earlier and chose to ignore it, thinking it was just a one time little glitch but it was not.

Luckily I had 1 save file left that was far enough back that I hadn't done whatever it was that caused it (it may have been mounting a random horse that was blocking a door in order to move it). I still lost over an hour of progress and it is fucking infuriating, but it is definitely better than being locked out of using Roach, that would probably make me say fuck it and stop playing.

This game is amazing but they really need to get on these things. Either way I guess I'll be keeping way more saves now.

Edit: SHIT so that earlier save I had was in White Orchard and now every time I try to fast travel out of there the mount prompt disappears. This is fucked.

Weird, it seems like Velen is the only place where I don't get the prompt.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Make sure you report it to their support. That's nearly a game breaking bug. Have you tried going back to super early saves and seeing if it exists?

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Have you tried mounting another horse first, then try to mount Roach? Or can you not mount any horses? Also, have you tried moving away from Roach and summoning him? (Need to be far enough away so that double tapping L3 respawns him, no just moves him.)

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey guys. I think I just found myself a fix. I did a race in the "Races: Crow's Perch" sidequest and afterwards it let me get on Roach. Hopefully this keep up.

Are those races limited? Just in case I plan on doing no more for awhile so I have an out if this shit happens again.