Opening Cinematic for Witcher 3

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Within which Geralt is on the hunt for Yennefer while accompanied by someone who I presume is another Witcher.

Not sure if anything can be gleaned from this in terms of gameplay, other than maybe you'll get some other Witchers fighting alongside you here and there?

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It was OK and once again dat music. I was super pumped to play this until i saw the gameplay at E3.......

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

GIVE ME NOW.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

that horse got fucked up

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By theacidskull

Looks fantastic, that's all I can say for now.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yennefer is awesome. Her tense back-and-forth with Geralt is some of the best stuff in the entire series. Can't wait to finally see her in game.

Lilac and gooseberries!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@aegon said:

Within which Geralt is on the hunt for Yennefer while accompanied by someone who I presume is another Witcher.

I guess a lot of people only played The Witcher 2. That's very clearly Vesemir.

Bam_Boozilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was OK and once again dat music. I was super pumped to play this until i saw the gameplay at E3.......

Wait wait wait. I have only seen trailers. Is it really bad?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bam_boozilled: Gameplay looks really interesting; probably roughly equivalent to the Witcher 2 on the whole but with obviously just a shitload more stuff to do/screw around with. Here's a video on this site that shows it off.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually thought that was kinda boring. Still looking forward to the game itself.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I guess that was all right, it was no shattering frozen ship.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By MezZa

It was cool, but I like their other cinematics better. My favorite is easily the "killing monsters" moment from a previous trailer. The frozen ship from the last game was pretty badass too.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rethla

What a shitty place to end up in between two charging armies.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Quarters

I still really wish they'd release the first two on the PS4(and X1, I guess), all gussied up.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters said:

I still really wish they'd release the first two on the PS4(and X1, I guess), all gussied up.

The first one on consoles? I think they even tried that but they soon realised it was not a game suitable for consoles and scrapped the idea.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@quarters said:

The first one on consoles? I think they even tried that but they soon realised it was not a game suitable for consoles and scrapped the idea.

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-witcher-rise-of-the-white-wolf/3030-24674/

Avatar image for battlemcstruggle
BattleMcStruggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Intro of the second game was to good to beat it, but this one is still pretty impressive. Can´t wait.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@quarters said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-witcher-rise-of-the-white-wolf/3030-24674/

Yeah, I still think with more money, and more powerful consoles, they could make it happen. Might take work, but I think it could work.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters: What good would more powerfull consoles do? The graphics aint anything impressive about the game its more about porting a mouse and keyboard rpg to controllers. They would have to make an entirely different game for it to work.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Quarters

@rethla: Well, one of the biggest differences would be that they wouldn't have to develop for the PS3, which was a big target for the proposed port, if I remember correctly. The PS4 and X1 are much more similar to PC architecture, so it's easier to shift everything over. With a smaller studio like CD Projekt(relative to most popular studios, anyway), it would save them a valuable amount of time. Even though The Witcher isn't the most complex game visually in the world, it still would've been a laborious project. And I don't think it is remotely impossible. They managed to make it work with The Witcher 2 just fine. Yes, it would require them to greatly limit the hotkeys, there would be a lot more messing with menus, yada yada yada...but it could be done. Of course, anyone who played it on the computer would probably loathe it with a burning passion, but it already is that way with any console port/console game as it is, for the most part.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray
@csl316 said:

Yennefer is awesome. Her tense back-and-forth with Geralt is some of the best stuff in the entire series. Can't wait to finally see her in game.

Lilac and gooseberries!

They actually go out of their way to reference my favourite Yennefer-related story in this here trailer. The raven crumples into "A Shard of Ice" at the very end, which is the title of the story in which Yennefer leaves Geralt, breaking him to the point where he tries to commit suicide. Can't help but wonder if they're hinting at something there. It's from the short-story collection "Sword of Destiny" which never got translated into English ( Which is a damn shame as it's a terrific, terrific read. I personally read it in German) though you can find some decent fan-translations out there if you're keen. Here's one if you're interested, and here's another.

Aren't I being helpful?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@do_the_manta_ray: Yeah, found a translation last year. I can't even imagine going into the novels without meeting Ciri there.