• 192 results
Spectrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spectrea

Not sure if any of you read these, but here they are.

• A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
  • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
  • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
  • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
  • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
  • Various improvements to horse behavior.

Also no DLC this week.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52056-Patch-1-07-coming-soon-to-all-platforms!

Finally a fix to inventory and the storage chest.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I just wrapped it up this weekend. And this fixed everything I had issues with.

Time to start a new game!

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are all GREAT.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

Hope they fix the gwent trophy sometime .

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CD Projekt Red continues to impress. I know they did similar things to the first two Witcher games, but I didn't get into them like I have been into Witcher 3. It is incredible to see the game evolve over time from player feedback.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All welcome additions, as someone who takes minimal issue with Geralts control I'm very curious to see how they change it. I'm not bothered by weighty control but I'm always down for more responsive control so that will be interesting.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

All of these are really good improvements!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, those all sound like pretty great choices.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

These changes are definitely all welcome, but I'm not going to praise CDPR for taking over a month and a half to patch inventory sorting into the game. That really should have been a feature when the game shipped, I can't even begin to estimate how much time I wasted scanning my massive inventory for items. Sorting was even a feature that was patched in to Witcher 2, so it's not like they weren't aware it was a feature players wanted and needed in these games.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10 chaser324  Moderator

• Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.

YES! I've been wanting this since day one. Should go a long way towards making the inventory easier to manage.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

These changes are definitely all welcome, but I'm not going to praise CDPR for taking over a month and a half to patch inventory sorting into the game. That really should have been a feature when the game shipped

Sadly this is a common theme for pretty much every RPG that's come out in the past 10 years (at least this games inventory wasn't list based.) What's bizarre is TW1:EE actually had an amazing inventory management screen and pretty much had all the features they added in this patch. It still boggles my mind that they just didn't make that again but more presentable.

Spectrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spectrea
@mb said:

These changes are definitely all welcome, but I'm not going to praise CDPR for taking over a month and a half to patch inventory sorting into the game. That really should have been a feature when the game shipped, I can't even begin to estimate how much time I wasted scanning my massive inventory for items. Sorting was even a feature that was patched in to Witcher 2, so it's not like they weren't aware it was a feature players wanted and needed in these games.

Could replicate bioware, and either never fix anything or attempt to do it and break 4 or 5 other things haha. I kinda got used to the inventory after a while especially with quest items you could always sort new items easily but yeah the actual sorting is a welcome if a little late change at least they listen. If you believe speculation the game had development problems the UI would have been way down the list for release.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sort of wish that stash could have arrived before I swallowed my urge to keep stuff and started dismantling/selling stuff. Have had a few fun relic weapons I wish I could have kept around for their novelty value. Still agree these are all good additions!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Marz

damn, how i wish i had a player stash when i played the game. But sounds like a bunch of good changes to me.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Various improvements to horse behavior is maybe the most exciting thing there. Hopefully, that means riding Roach in tight areas is less of a nightmare. I'm reaching my wit's end with all movement related bugs and weirdness with this game so this patch is much, much needed.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

What a great reason to play again. Witcher 3 continuing it's argument for my favorite game of all time ever.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped playing when I got the save bug and never went back for whatever reason. Patches like this make me want to get back into it but I've already forgotten everything about the game. I'm looking for Ciri, that's about all I remember.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm deep in my second play through, so I'll probably wait for this patch to hit ps4 before I play again.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to play through the game on the hardest difficulty.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, some much needed improvements incoming.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Okay, guess I will immediately play through the whole thing again after all.

The storage chest is the best thing to come out of any of these patches so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I'll finally get back to it and finish it...

Nigel_Rice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The inventory has been the only thing I've had "issues" with. Didn't really detract from my overall enjoyment, I just kind of dealt with it. But I'm really happy to see them trying to improve it. The other options and fixes are very interesting as well. I want to see how they change the movement when you turn that option on. I never really had problems with it, but I know a lot of people were somewhat put off by it.

Nigel_Rice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nigel_Rice

@cale: As deep as the game can be, I've never had much problem picking back up from where I left off, even if I haven't played it in a few days or weeks. I attribute that more to how the game is good about reminding you of stuff as it's loading back up. Give it a whirl.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brandondryrock: yep. Go back and play any of the two witcher games and they are both 99.9% bugfree and polished by now. What an awesome company and what an awesome patch.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really didn't have an issue with the inventory system, but this is still cool.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

As Jeff so astutely noted a few weeks ago, it seems like hanging back and letting CDPR continue working on the game while I dig deep into Arkham Knight and my MLB 15 Diamond Dynasty seems like the right play. I didn't stop playing Witcher 3 out of disinterest like Jeff, I was pretty hooked into it, but the game just seems so massive I wasn't sure how long it'd be before I could play Batman so I just dropped it cold turkey for now.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

• Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.

Fuck yesssssssssss

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

What about fucking runestone crafting actually fucking working?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Some great changes in there! The inventory system was not my friend.

I think I will return to The Witcher 3 after beating Arkham Knight.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: When did you check last time? It's been working since 1.06. Same goes for White Gull and all the advanced alchemical formulas.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Finally, a fix for the inventory. It drove me nuts that everything was scattered all over the place and you couldn't sort it. I'm more or less done with the game after 130 hours, but for those of you coming in late, this is an absolute key update to the game.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#34  Edited By StarvingGamer

@qrdl: Last played the game on Saturday, unless not being able to use any looted runestones for crafting is considered "working as intended".

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spraynardtatum

The inventory and stash stuff is huge. I play RPGs to hoard everything I see.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By Humanity

I wonder what this movement thing is. I'm guessing you can make it so that Geralt will control a lot more sharply rather than the more weighty original "drunk" stagger he does.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Gotcha. I remember now. Many "normal" glyphs and runestones were labelled as "lesser" ones and it resulted in mismatches when trying to create more powerful versions. At least this was my interpretation when I noticed the problem. I did my last crafting pre 1.06 and I assumed they fixed it along with the main alchemy bug. It definitely warrants reporting to CDPR. Why not do it?

Young_Scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue said:

These are all GERALT.

I'm sorry

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm conflicted about the stashes. The lack of storage in this game successfully exorcized the hoarder out of me. My stuff shall not own me!!!

Has anybody tested the new movement? My graphics card crapped out on me and I won't even bother reinstalling the game on my laptop.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By brandondryrock

@qrdl: The patch isn't out yet. They are saying it will be released soon, and that the full change list will be posted later this week.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Evilsbane

Pretty dope patch list, CD Red has such amazing after release support, some could argue it should have been done before but they have listened and fixed literally almost every problem now.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

These are not the full patch notes I think! Looks great though.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

YES YES YES

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy, those are some fixes, good on them. This game just keeps getting better, can't wait for the DLC.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will wait to see what this "alternative movement response mode" is like. Since the reason I stopped playing this game after only a couple of hours was that it was zero fun to control Gerry, I welcome any and all improvements to his movement. If the game continues to be a chore to control, I will continue to not play it.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By Cirdain

I absolutely love patch notes!

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These all sound great to me. If they keep this up I might end up playing this game three times in a row this summer. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the patch notes.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now they just need to release the NG+ dlc and the rest of my summer is fucked.

graf1k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Same with the stash. It's something they patched into Witcher 2 and yet somehow didn't think to include it in the sequel. Definitely perplexing how that kind of stuff happens.

That said, obviously all these changes are great. I'm kind of hoping in addition to making crafting items not add to your carry weight that they'd do that for trophies. Those things are like 3 units each and I'm carrying nearly 30 at this point I think. At least now I can stash them though. Would be nice to have the option to display them in Kaer Morhen or something. Oh well.

Oh, and fix the Zoltan card already! It's my last trophy left and the last card I need.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Guess I need to start this at some point. But I still have Bloodborne to get through...