Was anyone disappointed by Yennefer's character/personality?

• 63 results
Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought that she is going to be a more, let's say lively character. Like Triss has for example. Or to be rather more interesting overall. But she kinda isn't. I haven't finished the game yet, just did some missions after my arrival in Skellige, but from the start when I met her I was not sure what to think.

When I first met her at the royal court I thought maybe she was boring because the game and the story were at the start... but it seems her bossy don't-wanna-tell-you-much-because-you-don't-need-to-know-it attitude is the same.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm not finished with the game either (I'm also doing stuff in Skellige as well, just did her side mission stuff there), but I appreciate that she is very different from Triss. I can see even how even though her character is purposfuly written to be dickish it just could come as completely unlikable to the player, but I guess I liked that she was at least a distinctive character with a different power dynamic.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

She doesn't really change throughout. I liked her character just fine, though if you're going by personality perspective, definitely Triss (if you're going by looks, I don't know :P). Yennefer is more about getting down to business, and doing what she can to achieve her goals. Rarely does she feel the time to regret what she does as she keeps moving forward. There are times when she doesn't seem so ruthless, as well as look back at what she did, but it's not too often. She's not a terrible person (character) though, at least to me.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not finished with the game either (I'm also doing stuff in Skellige as well, just did her side mission stuff there), but I appreciate that she is very different from Triss. I can see even how even though her character is purposfuly written to be dickish it just could come as completely unlikable to the player, but I guess I liked that she was at least a distinctive character with a different power dynamic.

For a female you can say her personality is pretty

Dickish(ba dum tss)

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really dislike Yen but I do find her personality more interesting than Triss.

I am like 2 trophies away from the platinum. Romanced Triss and was pretty disappointed that her storyline pretty much ends halfway through the game.

Even if you romance Triss, You barely talk to her for the rest of the game (aside from the epilogue and a couple of missions where she's there, but you can't really interact with her). Even if you're supposedly dating Triss, you interact a lot more with Yennefer than her from that point on.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if you're supposedly dating Triss, you interact a lot more with Yennefer than her from that point on.

That is pretty disappointing to hear. I've been worried about who to romance (Yen or Triss) since I only played The Witcher 2 and have very little idea who the hell Yennefer even is. I have a lot of history with Triss from that 2nd game, while I feel like Yennefer was mentioned maybe a handful of times in that game and I have no clue who she is, but the game Obviously wants you to know her and Geralt have important history (and she was a more important character in the books), so I've felt like the game is pushing me towards Yennefer when from the few times I've spoken with her she has come off incredibly offputting. (Geralt had AMNESIA FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! How is that not a good enough excuse?!? He literally didn't know you existed!!)

I was afraid that the game was designed for you to be involved with Yennefer, but Man she makes a bad first impression. I feel like once I get to Skellige (Gotta get All those question marks/ side quests in Velen/Novigrad first!) Yennefer is going to be a much more prominent character and i'll have already professed my love to Triss, but she doesn't show up much after that point? That is unfortunate.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually find it refreshing to see different kind of female character in witcher 3. While personally from time to time I felt angry at her how she behaved but felt more grounded compared to triss sweetness. It felt like she is more of a character than just eye candy compared to most idealized females in games. And both her and Geralt have baggage and they don't need to sugar coat their words speaking with each other.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zeik

Barring Ciri she's probably my favorite female in the game. Part of that is because of the books, but only partially. Frankly I don't get the love for Triss. Yen is a far more interesting and deep character IMO. Some of the interactions that involve her, Geralt, and Ciri are some of the most real moments in the game.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you able to NOT romance any of them? So far Triss was meh for me so I rejected her thinking Yen will be better. Now if I will still dislike Yen can I go for neither and be a badass?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

You fucked her best friend, amnesia or no, she has every reason to be prickly towards Geralt at the start.

And yea I was cold on her at the start too. But the more I interacted with her, especially during the main and side quest in Skellige the more I liked her. If you want to go with her as your love it definitely pays off in several instances of conversations. Very glad I did in the end. It felt much more realistic and rewarding then your typical dove eyed video game "romance".

Especially liked other witchers giving you shit for sticking with her and questioning your relationship.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zeik

@raspharus: Yes. You can also go for both and also end up with neither. :P

There are specific quests for each that I believe will trigger whether you are in a relationship. For Yen it's The Last Wish quest on Skellige.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like everything else - straight from the books.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Raspharus

@zeik said:

There are specific quests for each that I believe will trigger whether you are in a relationship. For Yen it's The Last Wish quest on Skellige.

Eh I heard about the threesome, kind of a questionable addition from the devs, but what the hell usually CD projekt don't give a damn about doing unconventional stuff.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Eh I heard about the threesome, kind of a questionable addition from the devs, but what the hell usually CD projekt don't give a damn about doing unconventional stuff.

The threesome is not what you think.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raspharus: I think it's far less questionable than how most games would handle you trying to two-time multiple romantic partners. Maybe it's not a straight up punishment considering the scene is hilarious, but I still give them credit for not letting you weasle your way out of your scummy choices at the last minute.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No she's pretty much how I expected her to be, but I understand if you've no knowledge of the stories before 3 I guess you might think something else.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Yennefer was great, personally. She's a bit cold, and mostly focused on getting shit done, but I appreciate that a lot in a character. I also thought they tempered that stuff well with showing her softer side around Ciri and in certain moments with Geralt.

Nals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128 said:

Even if you're supposedly dating Triss, you interact a lot more with Yennefer than her from that point on.

That is pretty disappointing to hear. I've been worried about who to romance (Yen or Triss) since I only played The Witcher 2 and have very little idea who the hell Yennefer even is. I have a lot of history with Triss from that 2nd game, while I feel like Yennefer was mentioned maybe a handful of times in that game and I have no clue who she is, but the game Obviously wants you to know her and Geralt have important history (and she was a more important character in the books), so I've felt like the game is pushing me towards Yennefer when from the few times I've spoken with her she has come off incredibly offputting. (Geralt had AMNESIA FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! How is that not a good enough excuse?!? He literally didn't know you existed!!)

I was afraid that the game was designed for you to be involved with Yennefer, but Man she makes a bad first impression. I feel like once I get to Skellige (Gotta get All those question marks/ side quests in Velen/Novigrad first!) Yennefer is going to be a much more prominent character and i'll have already professed my love to Triss, but she doesn't show up much after that point? That is unfortunate.

She has a point.

I mean she had amnesia as well, but she kept her proverbial dick in her pants, and realized there was someone soulbound to her waiting for her. She had plenty of opportunities to have flings but didn't.

Across Witcher 1 and 2, Geralt mentions several times that although he doesn't remember HER, there was obviously someone very important in his life that wasn't Triss. And even as far back as Act 1? 2? of Witcher 1, if you talk to certain Innkeeps you can learn what happened to Yennefer, who she was, and how she also seemingly died trying to resurrect Geralt, but has been potentially seen here and there.

Geralt may have had a point about his amnesia if we are talking super early Witcher 1's sex bit with Triss after healing her, because he could assume she was the person that meant a lot to him. But after that he goes on to sleep with every peasant villager/woman in the kingdom, so he's not even really committing himself to Triss. He's manwhoring himself out across the game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nals: It doesn't help that it's with Triss specifically either, considering their past. If he was just manwhoring himself out to random women I don't think she'd care half as much.

There's a part in the Blood of Elves book where Geralt gets a letter from Yennefer in response to asking for her help after asking Triss entitled "Dear Friend" that is some of the most amazing passive aggressive sniping I have ever seen.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I actually very much disagree with you. I like Triss (because she's super nice and caring) but I think Yennefer is much more interesting. She isn't always nice or polite and she is pretty reckless. She actually is super sweet and genuine though at certain points. I've really liked her romance because at times I really butt heads with her and for a stretch I was saying to myself "I fucked up" choosing her over Triss but in the end you know at heart she just cares. She is so reckless because she cares about Ciri, for example. And when you get the one on one moments between the two they are great. I thought the "Last Wish" quest was amazing. After that I really like Yen and think that it really makes sense for Geralt to want to be with her.

I haven't read the books, but from what I have heard and seen, this is kind of how she is there? Like Geralt likes her because she is beautiful and always entertaining because she is so reckless and powerful and headstrong. I saw someone kind of try to summarize things from the book and they seemed to say Triss was kind of too nice for Geralt to actually be in love with and was just a fling, while he is attracted to Yen because of her personality.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:

No she's pretty much how I expected her to be, but I understand if you've no knowledge of the stories before 3 I guess you might think something else.

I played the previous ones so yeah...

@zeik said:

@nals: It doesn't help that it's with Triss specifically either, considering their past. If he was just manwhoring himself out to random women I don't think she'd care half as much.

There's a part in the Blood of Elves book where Geralt gets a letter from Yennefer in response to asking for her help after asking Triss entitled "Dear Friend" that is some of the most amazing passive aggressive sniping I have ever seen.

Apparently Yen is a she-Geralt with that acidic sarcasm

I actually very much disagree with you. I like Triss (because she's super nice and caring) but I think Yennefer is much more interesting. She isn't always nice or polite and she is pretty reckless. She actually is super sweet and genuine though at certain points. I've really liked her romance because at times I really butt heads with her but in the end you know at heart she just cares. She is so reckless because she cares about Ciri, for example.

I haven't read the books, but from what I have heard and seen, this is kind of how she is there? Like Geralt likes her because she is beautiful and always entertaining because she is so reckless and powerful and headstrong. I saw someone kind of try to summarize things from the book and they seemed to say Triss was kind of too nice for Geralt to actually be in love with and was just a fling, while he is attracted to Yen because of her personality.

I didn't read the books yet but I will and I am really curious how the author imagined her.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@raspharus:Funny thing is that's just her character. She's supposed to be cold, bossy, secretive, and the one who wears the pants in the relationship. As a player that might be a bit off-putting, but Geralt's character appreciates those things about her in his own way. There are moments in the books where she's actually quite sweet and caring towards Geralt, and while I haven't taken her romance path yet I'd imagine there are similar moments in the game.

@tennmuerti:@nals:@vikingdeath1: To be fair to Yennefer about the amnesia part, Geralt and Triss is not something new to Witcher 1 and 2. Yennefer has every right to be mad at him for more than just having amnesia. And he has every right to be mad at her as well, but he forgives her because he's Geralt. It's just how their relationship works. Book spoilers: Triss seduced him during one of his and Yen's break-up periods.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are moments in the books where she's actually quite sweet and caring towards Geralt, and while I haven't taken her romance path yet I'd imagine there are similar moments in the game.

Very much so yes.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She might be my favorite character in the game, because she takes shit from almost no one, except when absolutely necessary. I also really like how she seems to have most of the power in her and Geralt's relationship. Their romance felt like the only right choice for me after reading a few of the books. Actually, her side quest is a really touching epilogue to the first book, so I'm not sure how it may look for people who haven't read it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@octaslash: I haven't read the books, and loved the shit out of it!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I had Geralt choose Triss because of the first two games and also Yennefer hadn't really done anything as a character at that point, but now that I've completed the Skellige stuff I'm regretting that decision. Yennefer seems like a much better fit for him, but I'm not going to redo those 20 hours I spent in between to change things.

I feel like I'm Archie or something. Except Yennefer is way better than Veronica.

Estwilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nals said:
@vikingdeath1 said:
@bceagles128 said:

I mean she had amnesia as well, but she kept her proverbial dick in her pants, and realized there was someone soulbound to her waiting for her. She had plenty of opportunities to have flings but didn't.

Nah. Just ask Letho at the end of Witcher 2. Both Geralt and Yennefer have both been pretty liberal with the down and dirty while away from eachother.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OurSin_360

She's definitely not boring, and has a very interesting character and backstory with geralt. That said, she definitely got on my nerves so any romance aint happening at all in my play through lol. Tris is ride or die and has been for all the games, apparently Yen got her memory back earlier and didn't bother to come introduce herself before she needed help, then has the audacity to be mad? Nahhh. Yen just rubbed me the wrong way, but as far as her character it was definitely interesting and unique.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's just pretend for a second that Geralt spoke to Yennefer in the same condescending and bossy tone that Yennefer speaks to Geralt (and really everyone else in the witcher 3). Would a single person on here defend him? Didn't think so. We'd all be perfectly willing to call Geralt a misgoynistic asshole.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a hard time caring about Triss and Yennefer, if I had read the books or played the prior games I am sure that would be different. It was obvious when first encountering them that Geralt cares a lot about both of them, I just couldn't to the extent that the game seemed to expect of me/Geralt. So I didn't pursue either girl. Triss was just a bit boring personality wise, I guess the game didn't put her in the best light, but she seemed very nice and caring. Yennefer was just off putting to me, all though I am sure she did everything with the best of intentions. Keira on the other hand I found fun, funny and exciting, all though I understand why the game didn't let Geralt pursue that romance angle further since Keira didn't seem all that interested in him.

But yeah, I just roleplayed in my head (I am crazy I know) a reason up as to why Geralt didn't want to be with Yennefer anymore and it made sense to me. So the ending I got was Geralt as a single man and that's just fine, all though a little empty, but such is a Witchers life I guess. :b

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShadyPingu

Can't say I agree. I've read some of the books, so I was already invested in the pair. I thought Yen's personal quest was really quite touching, too.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zeik

@bceagles128: I don't know if it would make him a mysoginist, but he might come off as more of an obnoxious asshole than Yennefer does. But that's overly reductive, there's a lot more to Yennefer than that. She's hardly the only bossy/bitchy sorceress in the world of The Witcher, but I don't find any of them half as likeable as Yennefer.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@bceagles128 said:

Let's just pretend for a second that Geralt spoke to Yennefer in the same condescending and bossy tone that Yennefer speaks to Geralt (and really everyone else in the witcher 3). Would a single person on here defend him? Didn't think so. We'd all be perfectly willing to call Geralt a misgoynistic asshole.

There are male characters that do this in the Witcher games. This point you're trying to make means nothing. Characters can have characteristics that aren't always positive in fiction. Doesn't need to be about sexism or anything. So lets be above trying to make this about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128 said:

There are male characters that do this in the Witcher games. This point you're trying to make means nothing.

I don't really share his point of view entirely, but to play devils advocate, are you supposed to like these characters?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ArtisanBreads
@oursin_360 said:

She's definitely not boring, and has a very interesting character and backstory with geralt. That said, she definitely got on my nerves so any romance aint happening at all in my play through lol. Tris is ride or die and has been for all the games, apparently Yen got her memory back earlier and didn't bother to come introduce herself before she needed help, then has the audacity to be mad? Nahhh. Yen just rubbed me the wrong way, but as far as her character it was definitely interesting and unique.

If you actually pursue her romance you address a lot of these things and that bit you mention specifically in Witcher 3:

Basically she thinks Geralt can find her and handle himself, but knows Ciri is in great danger so addresses that first. This is a valid way to look at things and is exactly what Geralt manages to do if by Witcher 3, so I'm fine with it. Yen is also really nice to Geralt when they have alone time together. So you see her in a different light. The Last Wish quest addresses why she has trouble with her relationship with Geralt: she hasn't been able to even know if it was real. She is strong and independent and her love life has been focused on a lack of control because of the wish that has linked her and Geralt.

Triss is different and great in her own right so I don't mean to say you can't feel that way but just pointing that out. You can stand up for yourself and go against Yen when you're with her and she can still love you. I argued with her quite a bit so far actually.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ArtisanBreads
@tothenines said:
@artisanbreads said:
@bceagles128 said:

There are male characters that do this in the Witcher games. This point you're trying to make means nothing.

I don't really share his point of view entirely, but to play devils advocate, are you supposed to like these characters?

You can if you like or you can't if you like. Game usually gives you the choice. I don't need to like every character in a ficition and if you don't like Yen I might get why. Making this about sexism is really silly.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShadyPingu

@artisanbreads: I'd say the Bloody Baron, seemingly the character who's making a big impression on people, is having that effect precisely because of that tension. He's affable and charismatic, but also does some stuff that is categorically awful. I felt for him at several points during his side quest, and that made me pretty uncomfortable. The writers really did a good job of bringing that sort of subtlety to the game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ArtisanBreads
@encephalon said:

@artisanbreads: I'd say the Bloody Baron, seemingly the character who's making a big impression on people, is having that effect precisely because of that tension. He's affable and charismatic, but also does some stuff that is categorically awful. I felt for him at several points during his side quest, and that made me pretty uncomfortable. The writers really did a good job of bringing that sort of subtlety to the game.

Exactly how I felt about the Baron, great call. I think Roche and Iorveth were two characters in Witcher 2 that I loved parts of and then really objected to others.

If you can have this nuance it's just well done characters. If characters are divisive and not just good or evil that makes things interesting.

I think we could obviously object to how the Baron's relationships with the women in his life, but you can also see (I think) he genuinely cares. And do you give people a second chance? It deals with a lot of that and it's interesting for it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: And the great thing is it's also not all just grey characters, that would have seemed just as artificial imo. There are still total assholes here and there, and really good people occasionally.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@encephalon: Even at her worst I don't think anything Yen does is half as bad as the darkest parts of the Bloody Baron's character, but he is a good example of someone that is much more than he seems on the surface.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like her character. Maybe this is due to having prior knowledge of her from the books.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@tennmuerti said:

@artisanbreads: And the great thing is it's also not all just grey characters, that would have seemed just as artificial imo. There are still total assholes here and there, and really good people occasionally.

Yep there's some of that "trying to hard too be all grey" in fiction too. I am willing to kill a Witch Hunter on sight, no nuance there for me!

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: Yeah, Djikstra was a fucking jerk, but I wanted to chill with him anyway because the quality of writing is just so much higher than other games. Remember that fire-and-brimstone speech he gives about Radovid? Of course you do!

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Triss is a classic case of a nice guy how supposedly always gets shunted because those women, man ... women just love a bad boy who ends up being an abusive asshole. If only.... bla bla bla.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Just had a moment in the Posession quest where Geralt is asked what is drawn him to Yen, he says he has "never chosen comfort and ease, the calm and the quiet". Cerys is the one asking. It's funny because multiple times, not even when Yen is in the conversation, she says more or less "I hope you don't need Yennefer's permission" or something along those lines. She is clearly judging the relationship which is funny. You can even argue about being "hen pecked" later on with her if you choose.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raspharus: I haven't finished the game yet, not even at Skiellage yet. But what I've seen of Yen I've loved. She seemed like herself, that is like Yennefer from the novels.

The first thing to know about Yen is she is nothing like Triss. Not even remotely. They're complete opposites even in how they show affection, with Triss being able to be very open and vulnerable with her affection while Yen can seem guarded even in the most relaxed situations (ie: Kaer Morhen dream sequence).

Personally, I like her better. Geralt can be so precise, and contemplative with usually measured responses and reactions. Yen is smart and clever, but she has a temper and can be much more reactionary and aggressive.

But, I've still got a ways to go with the game. So far, she seems spot on though.

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I read the books. She is pretty much the same.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By firecracker22

@zeik:That letter was amazing, and had Geralt regretting every other word he'd written in his letter because Yen had thrown each word (like 'friend'). I was really happy to see another version of that letter show up in Geralt's inventory with Yen asking Geralt for help this time.

@dkwildz: Hmm, far as what came from Letho, it didn't sound like Yen had slept with anyone. He mentioned that she tried to seduce them, and divide them so she'd escape. Didn't sound like anything had happened, really. Plus if you're talking about some serious Witchers, who'd gone through the trouble of journeying with their fellow Witcher cousin, Geralt, to save his beloved...and with how honor bound, and cold ass people, Witchers can be...seems even less likely that anything had happened. Letho had mentioned that they wanted to abandon her every chance they got, but knowing everything they and Geralt had endured would be made meaningless.

I do think that even with the amnesia, Geralt having a relationship, and it not just being casual, with Triss hurt Yen. Ontop of it being her best friend, but it'd happened before. So the feeling of deja vu must feel like knife being twisted, because it's gotta feel like he's already got a replacement set up for you. I feel for Yen, it's a shitty place to be and a shitty thing to feel. I find myself blaming Triss more than anyone else, even going as far as back as the books.

kalisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well she's like in the books so no not disappointed. I can't say I exactly like her but I think that while she is an unpleasant character she is also very unique. I can't really think of many characters that would be like Yen.

And her dynamics with Geralt where their relationship is hopeless and they know it but are tied by destiny so they love each other anyway is quite a peculiar one.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Raspharus

Well I just finished the romance quest with Yen. What to say, of course I turned her down. She acts bossy the entire game, not a sign of compassion or such(idk how she defines her love for Geralt), and then all of sudden, after the spell is broken she reacts as if she is sorrow. And this happens after she first said at the beginning of the mission that she is not sure if the djinn's spell was what bounded them or not. This coupled with the bossy attitude and practically no sing of compassion towards Geralt whatsoever meant a no no for me. Too bad, I really wanted to like Yen, but her whole attitude was way too uninterested/acid-like for my taste. Heck I even turned down Triss in the previous games, wanting to keep Geralt faithful to Yennefer.

I like the fact that she tries too look sorrow at the end when I reject her, and then immediately switches back to the cold attitude.