Whatever happened to Iorveth and Saskia?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All in the title. Seriously, I haven't completed all the quests in this game but I'm pretty sure they just forgot about those characters.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iorveth who knows, for Saskia there's a comic you can download that sorta says what happened to her.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, the Witcher 2 stuff happens a couple hundred miles east of Novigrad. They aren't really in the neighborhood of anything that happens in Witcher 3.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pyrodactyl

@ll_exile_ll: Just find it weird that there isn't a single side quest or line to give some closure on the events of the second game or the version of the second game I played.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a81ff0afa2a
deactivated-61a81ff0afa2a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Early in the Witcher 3, I knew Vernon Roche would be making an appearance, because his voice actor was everywhere in the game. I was disappointed that Saskia and Iorveth never came into play. I really thought they would bring them into Blood and Wine somehow.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I remember correctly, there is a conversation between NPCs where Iorveth is mentioned. The nonhuman camp is the one where you play against the elf for the Ciri card. It's mentioned that Iorveth is dead. As for Saskia, I dunno.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubberbabybuggybumpers: Iorveth isn't dead, the Scoia'tael have an argument and one said he had died, one said he had lived and another said he had died years ago. The comic explained that he had left Aedirn for Dol Blathanna and took his crew with him. Saskia on the other hand may or may not have died when Nilfgaard sacked the city after backing out of an alliance.

It is however some straight up bullshit that Iorveth doesn't appear in Wild Hunt considering everybody else does and it's the last game.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is however some straight up bullshit that Iorveth doesn't appear in Wild Hunt considering everybody else does and it's the last game.

Apparently he was supposed to be in a bunch of main quests, but they cut it all. There's some more detail about it on this wiki.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's too bad they didn't include him. He was a good character, and it felt off that a guy I sided with in Witcher 2 was nowhere in the sequel. Guess they just assumed Roche was the more canon path which makes sense I suppose.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Apparently he was supposed to be in a bunch of main quests, but they cut it all. There's some more detail about it on this wiki.

Oh man that is a huge bummer all that was cut beacuse Iorveth is by far the biggest fan favourite character.

@mezza If the comic is seen as canon it implies that the Iorveth path is canon.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Oh well thats interesting at least. Haven't read the comic or heard of it before now.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I thought he made a cameo appearance? Could have sworn that I saw Iorveth appear in a trailer, which I assumed meant he appeared (atleast briefly) if you chose the Iroveth path for Witcher 2.

I saw a thread elsewhere about how strange it was that there was nothing with Elves, or the Scoia'tael, in the game. Which is true, it's kind weird. But, I guess it would make sense that they'd stay out of the war. Iorveth and the Scoia'tael were played like fiddles by Emry, and they hate the Northern Kingdoms as it is. So, choosing to stay out of it and not lend a hand to either one, and just let humans butcher eachother, seems like a valid choice to me.

But, it's still weird to see nothing with Iorveth and so little of the Scoia'tael. All I wound up seeing of them was a sidequest, where there was small camp they had hidden in the woods.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OMGFather

Aedirn is mentioned somewhere in the game if I remember right, but just like a passing mention. It's so weird how they never made an appearance especially as CDPR seem to listen to fan feedback more than most developers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firecracker22: There is two camps of Scoia'tael, one near Oxenfurt and one near Novigrad. There is two sidequests and a gwent quest concerning them.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Vernon mentions in the Witcher 3 that Iorveth was to small time for what was happening. The invasion took precedence and the Scoia'tel got lost in the shuffle. Saskia is not mentioned in the game.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Tribunal

@mezza: No joke, I think Iorveth is up there when it comes to ranking NPC characters in games. Dude is so well-written and has an intricate narrative arch.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubberbabybuggybumpers: Iorveth isn't dead, the Scoia'tael have an argument and one said he had died, one said he had lived and another said he had died years ago. The comic explained that he had left Aedirn for Dol Blathanna and took his crew with him. Saskia on the other hand may or may not have died when Nilfgaard sacked the city after backing out of an alliance.

Welllllllllllll, shit! It does suck, though, that he wasn't in this game.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saskia had a bad run-in at the end of Witcher 2. Remember?

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahf: You could save her though, unless you're talking about something else.