• 143 results
#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

CD Projekt RED will sort of have a mini-E3-conference of their own. They'll talk The Witcher 3 and GoG.com, and will likely also do something for Cyberpunk 2077.

via

http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/74934/cd-projekt-red-gog-sets-summer-conference-for-new-witcher-3-details

Seeing the spectacular upwards trajectory in quality and ambition of CD Projekt RED from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2, and wholeheartedly believing their promises for The Witcher 3, this is going to be a must-watch conference for me. So heads-up! If you can, you should totally tune in on the 5th as well. Good news is to be had. Likely to induce shivers of joy, and spontaneous fits of clapping.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10914 posts) -

For me, I've been sold on The Witcher 3 from the moment I played The Witcher 2, so I don't need to see anything else about the game.

#3 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (4960 posts) -

this game gonna be the shit

#4 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Sounds pretty cool, as all things gog and CD Projekt.

#5 Posted by Vahleticar (124 posts) -

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I hope they still include the polish vo even in the English version

#6 Posted by MB (12275 posts) -

Witcher 3, Game of The Year 2016!

#7 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

@mb: That's Dark Souls III thank you very much.

#8 Posted by MB (12275 posts) -

No, Dark Souls III will be 2017's 2016 Game of The Year.

#9 Edited by TruthTellah (8805 posts) -

@mb said:
@fredchuckdave said:

No, Dark Souls III will be 2017's 2016 Game of The Year.

Touché.

#10 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (770 posts) -

Excite!

Now, if they would just hurry the fuck up on those Witcher books... There's still a month before Baptism of Fire comes out here.

#11 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1591 posts) -

@mb said:

Witcher 3, Game of The Year 2016!

The Witcher 3 is coming out in '15, or is this some joke that's flying over my head?

#12 Edited by pyrodactyl (1975 posts) -

HYPE

#13 Edited by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

Fucking timezones, how long is it from now?

#14 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

If I didn't fuck up royally, it's 8 PM CET for me, so 9 hours. I'd still verify that with a source capable of basic math. Due dilligence.

#15 Edited by Khann (2831 posts) -

@seppli said:

@tennmuerti said:

If I didn't fuck up royally, it's 8 PM CET for me, so 9 hours. I'd still verify that with a source capable of basic math. Due dilligence.

This page has a countdown.

#16 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

@khann said:

@seppli said:

@tennmuerti said:

This page has a countdown.

Alright!

Chalk up another win for laziness. :D

#17 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (4960 posts) -

link bookmarked, cannot wait to see what they show

#18 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1153 posts) -

I wonder if they'll release some sorta ME: Genesis style thing for this game on consoles. I played the first two on PC, but there's no chance in hell I'm gonna be able to run this one.

#19 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (304 posts) -

I guess to spice things up, what do you want to see? Personally, they have mentioned the game is more open world, comparable to Skyrim. So if the demo is long enough, I would love to see that in action. Maybe have Geralt in one place in the world and go in any direction and find something interesting.

Anything about Cyberpunk 2077 would be teaser unfortunately. I cannot see them blowing the lid off that game until after Witcher 3 is released.

#20 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

@iigrayfoxii: After thinking a bit about it, i'm gonna side with your idea, seeing some open world traversal would be interesting. Maybe a sneak peak at some menus or potion use. Not sure how likely any of this is tho.

#21 Posted by altairre (1181 posts) -

I guess to spice things up, what do you want to see? Personally, they have mentioned the game is more open world, comparable to Skyrim. So if the demo is long enough, I would love to see that in action. Maybe have Geralt in one place in the world and go in any direction and find something interesting.

Anything about Cyberpunk 2077 would be teaser unfortunately. I cannot see them blowing the lid off that game until after Witcher 3 is released.

I don't even think we'll get a demo. There will be a demo at E3 and I bet that we'll just get a trailer today. That being said I want to see the combat. It was alright in Witcher 2 but they said they want to bring it closer to how it is described in the books which has me very excited.

#22 Posted by Bane (397 posts) -

@seppli: Whoa, thanks for the heads-up!

@iigrayfoxii: Same here. Changing to a truly open world is pretty huge and I'd love to get a glimpse of some exploration. I'd also like to see what Geralt can do on horseback. Is the horse just a means of travel, or can you fight from horseback as well?

#23 Posted by Nux (2331 posts) -

God damn it I still need to beat The Witcher 2.

#24 Posted by pyrodactyl (1975 posts) -

@nux said:

All promotional material for the witcher 3 has featured major spoilers for the witcher 2 so yes, you should get on that.

#25 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1153 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: I mean....not really? I haven't watched every single trailer or whatever that's been released, but nothing I've seen really spoils anything in 2. In fact, now that I think about it, there's not really a whole lot you actually can spoil about 2.

#26 Posted by Nux (2331 posts) -

@nux said:

All promotional material for the witcher 3 has featured major spoilers for the witcher 2 so yes, you should get on that.

I've seen a bunch of Witcher 3 stuff already so I kinda have an idea of what goes down in 2. Still going to beat it though.

#27 Edited by altairre (1181 posts) -
Boxart and content of the standard edition.

#28 Edited by pyrodactyl (1975 posts) -

@altairre: These CD projekt red guys really go overboard with content.

#29 Edited by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

I really really want to get my hands on a physical collectors edition this time around, unfortunately you just couldn't get one of Witcher2 in Cyprus, and by the time I went to UK there were nowhere to be seen either. I might have to resort to Amazon international delivery.

#30 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (644 posts) -

@seppli: Gee, only discovered this today. REALLY appreciate the thread, man. I'd have comitted some fairly unspeakable acts if I'd discovered I'd missed out on this.

As for this, I could NOT be more excited! The Witcher 3! Everything that they've showed of the game so far has been, in a word, staggering. If it carries that kind of fidelity into an open world game that's 3 times the size of Skyrim, then it's easily the best-looking game made, period. They really seem to have polished the combat quite a bit, though I'm real curious as to what form it'll take. Given how dynamic it looks, I can't help but wonder if there's some batman-combat inspirations there, or whether they've just found a system that dynamically adjusts your attacks depending on your enemy. (I hope it's the latter), but from what I understand, they have put heaps of work into the combat proper, so I doubt it'll simply be Batman combat. It's easily my most anticipated game of the coming two years. Though admittedly, it'd be a proper Sophie's Choice moment if I were forced to pick between this and MGS 5.

Given just how much I want this game, there's a good chance I'll pick up the collector's edition of the damn thing. I genuinely can't remember the last time I did so. It's been a few years, I think.

Only collector's Edition I ever thought worth the money was for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. That thing was just brimming with absurd amount of content. Three hardcover books, one of 'em art with veeery high quality paper, one a novel that served as a prelude for the damn book, and finally a good 200 page comic with ridiculous production qualities. Finally, I hear you say? Noooo, a Warhammer figurine with rules to use for the board-game itself, and fuck-tons of in-game items, and even quests. And new cosmetic options for the characters, and a head-start and beta access, and the best mouse-pad I've ever used.

I know I went off on a real tangent here, but I really want to get the point across as to how excited I am for The Witcher 3.

#31 Posted by cloudnineboya (803 posts) -

T5his is the only game coming out that might make me wet my pants..

#32 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
#33 Posted by datarez (549 posts) -
#34 Posted by xite (841 posts) -

Excited to see more of this game.

#35 Posted by BeachThunder (11849 posts) -

I don't care about The Witcher, but I'm super excited to know more about Cyberpunk 2077.

#36 Posted by Veektarius (4772 posts) -

@iigrayfoxii: There are two things I didn't enjoy about the Witcher 2. 1: Navigating hub areas, which were needlessly labyrinthine, especially given Geralt's slow run speed. 2: Combat,which was unforgiving when you died and unrewarding when you succeeded. I don't really care if the structure of the game remains fundamentally the same as it was in 2 if those two things are improved. They need to streamline and remove the tedium from travel and institute a new combat system, preferably one that's a little more measured and less twitchy.

#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

That new logo looks a lot better than the old one. Only another half hour.

#38 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5432 posts) -

Can't come soon enough.

#39 Posted by Sbaitso (532 posts) -

And so it begins........

#40 Edited by Cerberus3Dog (331 posts) -

ITS LIVE. Some nice music at the moment.

#41 Posted by cloudnineboya (803 posts) -

sweet witcher music .

#42 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

This music is really good. A good mix of medieval and barbaric sounds.

#43 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

imsoexcited!

#44 Posted by CaLe (3959 posts) -

I was playing Mario Kart on my TV and the music from the Witcher stream started playing through my speakers in the background and I'm all like what the hell is up with the music on this level? This doesn't match at all, Nintendo! Didn't realize until the race was over it wasn't Mario Kart music.

#45 Edited by cloudnineboya (803 posts) -

man is geralt not the badassest of video game characters .

#46 Posted by fisk0 (4033 posts) -

I think they've learned a thing or two from Giant Bomb, and never start on time. The last stream started 30 minutes late as I recall.

#47 Posted by Terranova (586 posts) -

I'm wondering what they are planning for their collectors editions this time they always do awesome stuff

#48 Posted by Cerberus3Dog (331 posts) -

what kind of CEO sports a half tuck?

#49 Posted by Terranova (586 posts) -

February 24th confirmed release date

#50 Edited by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

And we got a release date:

24th Feb 2015