I feel like I have the (or at least "a") solution, but it isn't working

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Hey all,

I'm doing some of the Tetris-shaped, "Orientation doesn't matter" puzzles, and I've come to what I believe is a solution; but it just... Isn't taking.

Anyone care to check my work? Here are two of my solutions: One and two.

Thanks!

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

You made an L and you probably need a backwards L.

zggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By zggurat

Hint: You've done more than just reorient that Tetris piece.

Also: If the broken paths aren't getting in your way of a solution, you're probably doing something wrong.

EDIT: My hint was made explicit! Oh well.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

@zggurat said:

Hint: You've done more than just reorient that Tetris piece.

Also: If the broken paths aren't getting in your way of a solution, you're probably doing something wrong.

EDIT: My hint was made explicit! Oh well.

Gotcha, I totally understand now. Now I'm trying to come up with the solution hahaha. Thanks =D

(PS Feel free to use this thread as a "OMG WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THIS PUZZLE" thread)

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Man these tetris pieces are the bane of my life at the moment I've got 4 beams close to a 5th but every time I try to do these tetris ones I just end up banging my head against them.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the Tetris ones.....for some reason they feel super hard to me, I even struggled with the 2nd half of the Tetris tutorial puzzles.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I hate the Tetris ones.....for some reason they feel super hard to me, I even struggled with the 2nd half of the Tetris tutorial puzzles.

Yeah, from what I've seen so far they are far and away the worst puzzles. I never liked puzzles in any game that involved Tetrominos and this game takes that concept to an entirely new dimension.

I've now been stuck on one those puzzles for about 2 hours.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm now slowly working though the area that starts with the tetris piece tutorial. These puzzles are either super easy or infuriating. I'm getting really close to cutting out little paper tetris pieces and drawing graphs to help solve these.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrabas said:

I'm now slowly working though the area that starts with the tetris piece tutorial. These puzzles are either super easy or infuriating. I'm getting really close to cutting out little paper tetris pieces and drawing graphs to help solve these.

you are not the only one :)

There is one on a door to get to the bottom of the quarry, and for the life of me I can't do it.. it looks like it should be easy. But maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@barrabas said:

you are not the only one :)

There is one on a door to get to the bottom of the quarry, and for the life of me I can't do it.. it looks like it should be easy. But maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

That's the one I'm stuck on. I hate it. Had to stop playing and go for a run just to not explode for not being able to solve that damn thing.

OneUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone tell me the basic rule set for these? I did the tutorial and even though I got through it I can't figure out the rules other then make the shape. But how much of the shape and where on the board do they need to be. I'm just on the lines dots and 2*2 squares. Haven't gotten to the L's yet

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These tetronimo ones are really pissing me off. I keep coming across seemingly advances versions of them with additional elements, but because I haven't been wherever the basic tutorial ones are, they halt my progress as I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rethla

@oneup said:

Can someone tell me the basic rule set for these? I did the tutorial and even though I got through it I can't figure out the rules other then make the shape. But how much of the shape and where on the board do they need to be. I'm just on the lines dots and 2*2 squares. Haven't gotten to the L's yet

Yeh its rough. The main thing is to figuring out what they want you to do.

Learning those tetris shapes took me more time than anything in the game but i fell like i mostly got the hang of it now.

You have to make shapes those pieces fit into with their correct alignment, it doesnt matter where in your shape the piece is but it has to be inside your shape. You can have several pieces inside your shape aslong as they all fit, again their position in the shape doesnt matter.

edit: i think i missed the tutorials for these becouse what you guys talk about i havnt found.