Real talk, what are you feelings about Tiny Tina?

• 122 results
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Poll Real talk, what are you feelings about Tiny Tina? (548 votes)

I find her enjoyable/entertaining 26%
I am largely indifferent to her 34%
I find her genuinely off-putting 41%

Ever since Borderlands 2 came out, every thread about the game has eventually devolved into a lot of Tiny Tina bashing. With the new, Tiny Tina focused DLC on the way, I can't help but wonder if the people turned off by her are actually an incredibly vocal minority, or if Gearbox is making a huge mistake and leaving a ton of potential money on the table by focusing the final expansion on this divisive character.

Personally, I found her enjoyable in the occasional chuckle/wry smile kind of way that I appreciate most Borderlands humor.

• 
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I found it off putting but strangely enough not solely because of the Tiny Tina persona but because I used to genuinely enjoy Hey Ash before it started heading into this weird slapstick downward spiral. Before it was just Ash acting kinda weird once in a while and then they just cranked it up to 11 and she was in character with the voice all the time which kind of ruined the entire show for me.

So weirdly enough, I don't like Tina Tina because I can't stand Ashley's character on the show anymore.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By veektarius

I found her slightly less likable than most other characters, where my average opinion was negative. The only two I liked less were Ellie and Hammerlock (totally misremembered his name at first). The only two characters I'd say actually consistently made me laugh were Scooter and Jack. Brick was also sometimes funny.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

REAL TALK: I didn't really care either way. Tiny Tina was just another groaner of a thing amongst the many groaners in BL 2. But it was another thing that didn't stop me from enjoying the rest of the game.

Smuglittleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I won't lie, I am a fan of Ashley Burch but I generally play Borderlands 2 with the game sound turned down while I listen to music.

Tofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Tofin

I work with Tiny Tina, so maybe I've been conditioned to her...personality. Either way, I think she's chuckleworthy at best.

Also, yeah, nepotism.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I did not mind her at all. Sometimes I thought the writing was trying too hard but she made me laugh on occasion, or at the very least smirk.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really didn't find her funny at all. It always felt like they were trying way too hard to get people to like her. 12 year old white girl who talks like a ghetto person really isn't funny.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Probably best not to spoil the DLC but she could really use some therapy.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Annoying, which is how I feel about that game in general.

KEP11R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I've been noticing since I start reading peoples opinions on this character on this site, while they have a right to find her annoying, dumb, stupid, etc., is they a lot in my opinion, seem to be inferring that as a part of the game, she's.....wrong. That's the only way I can describe it. But that's not for one site to decide. Everyone I know who plays BL2, and even some who don't, all very much like Tina, like my best friend, all his gaming buddies, my 13 year old sister, her friends, my dad, my mom, my moms friend, find her entertaining and funny. I bought the game cause I love all aspects of the series, game play and humor. I find it inconsiderate, that a group of individuals who either don't like the game, or are dismissing the major humor and character aspect's of it, feel that a franchise should change for them. If a person isn't a fan, okay they can have their opinion, but that doesn't mean the game or company should for them, because that would leave fans like me with a game I might not like. Tina character, humor, and dialogue isn't wrong, in fact it fits in perfectly within the Borderlands universe. Borderlands is a fiction that thrives off strange and crude humor, dry wit, and randomness. Its like FLCL or Kill-La-Kill, animes that are the epitome of randomness and strange humor. I don't think anyone was wrong in their opinion, but I was getting annoyed like some get annoyed by Tina.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The one time she was funny was her line "I'm walkin, walkin, walkin. I'm walkin over here" during a quest conversation where she had to go press a button or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tiny Tina was a character written specifically for the writers sister, that being Ashley Burch, and if you don't like 'Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin' you wont like Tiny Tina. I was very indifferent to her character, she's actually quite a predictable and dull character in many ways because the insanity never comes across as genuine and is trying too hard for LoL so random humor. BUT I didn't find her particularly annoying either, so I guess I really don't give a shit.

KEP11R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game isn't written bad, nor are the characters bad, just different. If you don't like the writing, which if you like the first game's then it'd be weird cause they're almost identical but in the best possible way, that's fine but it not a mark against a game. I still talk about BL2 and this is the first site I've been to that's got a larger opinion of being negative towards its story and character. I was a little peeved at first cause I'm a huge fan and I felt like people were bullying my friend. But I know its just your opinions, so I let it go. So I'm going to congratulate you on being a site unique to me for its divergent opinion, and then give you some advice; game companies don't pander to YOU. Unless its a new franchise or company, gamedev's pander to their games larger and already established fan base, and if the rope in more fans cool. But a games worth is based on how its fan base holds it, not on an individuals or critical minority's opinion. I admit sometimes it sucks being the minority, especially when feels like a franchise could be better if it changed, but I only think that if I like them game, if I don't like it I don't try to change it,cause most people like it for what I hate about it

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kep11r said:

The game isn't written bad, nor are the characters bad, just different. If you don't like the writing, which if you like the first game's then it'd be weird cause they're almost identical but in the best possible way, that's fine but it not a mark against a game. I still talk about BL2 and this is the first site I've been to that's got a larger opinion of being negative towards its story and character. I was a little peeved at first cause I'm a huge fan and I felt like people were bullying my friend. But I know its just your opinions, so I let it go. So I'm going to congratulate you on being a site unique to me for its divergent opinion, and then give you some advice; game companies don't pander to YOU. Unless its a new franchise or company, gamedev's pander to their games larger and already established fan base, and if the rope in more fans cool. But a games worth is based on how its fan base holds it, not on an individuals or critical minority's opinion. I admit sometimes it sucks being the minority, especially when feels like a franchise could be better if it changed, but I only think that if I like them game, if I don't like it I don't try to change it,cause most people like it for what I hate about it

I like plenty of things where I don't like every character. For example Frasier would be much better if they killed Daphne (well not exactly because Niles chasing Daphne was great) but I'd prefer it if they rewrote Daphne but I still adore the shit out of Frasier. I think the is something to be said for someone who can both love something and also identify flaws within it as opposed to blindly loving everything. Tiny Tina is a character which I feel hurts my enjoyment of a game I pretty much universally enjoy but that doesn't mean it's true for everyone so I shouldn't expect everyone to dislike her.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really liked her. And I loved Handsome Jack too, so yeah.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I loved Tiny Tina, she is one of the funniest characters I have ever seen, in my opinion at least. Had it not been for Clementine, she would be my favorite child character in any game ever.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By GTCknight

She's like the snake eating itself, so bad that she becomes funny.

Since I'm here why are so many of necroing all these threads lately.

I'm also going to put this here.

No Caption Provided

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Always feels weird when one of my threads gets necroed.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By monetarydread

She is a perfect example of why the characters in Borderlands are the worst. Her, Handsome Jack, Claptrap, etc, they are all annoying pieces of shit that I hope die a more painful death than Joffrey Baratheon from Game of Thrones before some alpha yeti comes in and skullfucks their corpses.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#123  Edited By Yummylee

@yummylee said:

I don't despise her or anything, but I just never found her to be all that funny. And yet I'm one of the few who does think Borderlands 2 is more often than not pretty funny -- dumb Badass rank titles notwithstanding. Handsome Jack in particular could totally get a chuckle out of me here and there. Scooter was the only character in that game that I thought was just plain annoying and not funny in the slightest.

Yup, this is still basically my exact thoughts so many months later regarding Tiny Tina, and Borderlands 2's humour as a whole. While it's uneven in spots, I still think it's ultimately a really funny game and that Handsome Jack in particular is a fucking great villain.

KEP11R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By KEP11R

@dudeglove: Just.....just a few things. First of all, does anyone on the internet actually know the definition of racism? Yes the game is very much a stereotype paradise, but was any of those lines of dialogue, or any stereotypical event that occurred, come across as referring to another race as inferior, unless the character who said or did the racist occurrence later received some form reckoning such as a bullet to the face from the player? The writer is a stereotypist, he finds them funny, and admittedly I do too, and if some individuals could work the stick out of their ass, they'd find it funny to. I don't think stereotypes are right, I just find that a lot are funny. Hell my best friends blacker than standing outside under a shadow on cloudy night at midnight with your eyes closed, and he finds stereotypes just as funny. Now what was that about Bronies?