Still Playing?

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So first let me say I really like Titanfall. Every time I played it I had a great time. Problem is I haven't played it in a while and I'm not sure why. I was pretty good at the game so it's not lack of skill and like I said I was having fun every time I played it. It seems to have fallen off since launch but I could be wrong. Are you guys still into? Also for the ones who didn't buy it yet, are you guys still looking forward to playing it?

markies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't played it yet. But it does look like a lot of fun and i hope to play it someday. On the other hand, even though i havent played it, i don't see myself playing it longterm for some reason

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been hoping for a thread like this but didn't want to start one. I'm at level 48, got there pretty fast, had great fun with it at the start, am winning most games, playing with friends, and as soon as I top out level 50 am planning on moving on. I feel like I've been there and done it already.

Also I don't know whether it's incredibly forgiving but it's got to the point where I'm the one who wins a lot of the time in fights where the other person shoots first and I'm thinking that shouldn't have happened and that guy/gal hates me now and thinks it's lag or something, which maybe it is. I've also started fannying about a lot while playing and am just trying to do acrobatics and get to mad places. Ideally I'd like the mechanics put into a sandbox game - Crackdown 3 with wallrunning and double jumping, yes please.

It's in no way a bad game but even with all the modes you'll be just be going through the motions within a week.

The worst thing was a friend bought it to play with me and some others without saying he was going to buy it and I didn't want to tell him I'm pretty much done with it.

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went through something similar. I played the beta quite a bit and loved every second of it. I pre-ordered the game and played through both campaigns... again, loving every match. I found the game to be incredibly fun and revitalize something in me that I used to have for gaming in my Call of Duty years. I couldn't believe how exhilarating it felt.

But then I didn't play it again after playing through both campaigns. And I have no idea why.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski

I was somewhere midway on my G3 playthrough before I stopped playing. Like CoD, I felt like I was just going through the motions in every match. The different modes didn't add much variety in how I played. I started to specifically go for challenges, but I didn't feel like I was having any more fun.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Levius

I play it occasionally. I think the game is pretty fun, but the lack of multiplayer modes is a real killer. I would pay good money for a Headquarters or a Demolition style mode, as it is all we have is three deathmatch variants, Hardpoint (where I spend 90% of my time) and CTF (which I always hate in any game). With this in mind it is no wonder people feel like they are going through the motions.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm still playing every now and then, waiting for the free Gamemodes to be released and the paid Map-pack. I'm currently Gen 3 level 38 or around there.

The challenge to kill Titans with the Plasma Railgun is kinda killing my resolve for playing though - it is my least favorite Titan weapon, which is surprising since I loved it when I unlocked and now I really don't like it anymore.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

I've finished both campaigns and now only occasionally play it. I've only reached level 27, and will probably jump back in when they start adding more content, since I bought the season pass.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: The only reason I didn't buy the Season pass was because of BF4. If I bought it I'd probably feel more inclined to play the game.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

Yes. A ton. Not played it for three days because I felt like I was in danger of burning myself out on it. I absolutely adore Titanfall. I am somewhere in the mid twenties with a Gen 5 tag. I like that you can't just "prestige", you're forced into using all of the weapons to progress.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@village_guy: Use the shield and only fire a full charge shot when the enemy is about to die. It's a shitty thing to do, but kill stealing and auto titans are the only way to do that challenge without luck. Also, don't use the rapid fire version.

erikmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall is great, I enjoyed every minute of it but its very easy to get burn out on it. I come back to it from time to time but there are so many other games to play. Well maybe not on my PS4 for the moment but PC still has alot of unexplored territory.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play 2-3 hours every day. I keep finding more and more depth in the wall running and the titans and the prestige challenges keep introducing me to new ways of playing so I'm not bored yet.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play it pretty often, although I've been a bit busier than usual so I haven't been on as much the past week or two. That said I'm still having a blast, although I could see how one could get burned out on it. You rank up really fast (especially after you regenerate), and it's really hard to play a game of hard point (or any other game type that's not attrition) without friends because no one plays as a functioning unit. No one uses their mics. Not having more customization options from the gate was weird too considering the type of game this is. Not that many game modes make things like the lackluster campaign stand out more.

One thing that I do appreciate is the fact they have been consistently updating the game since launch, and really communicating with the community for this game.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm Generation 2 Level 12 and have put (according to Origin) about 20 hours into Titanfall but I've definitely fallen off a bit. I just got a new PC which I thought would make me want to play it more but I only play maybe a couple of hours a week after that initial month. Excited to see the support for it in the future.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game seems to declining rapidly at least on PC. I've been trying to play it, but it feels like there are only 2-3 games going on at any given time in each game mode. Even if I leave a game after a few losses, try a new game mode and then go back to the previous game mode, I've often just been put into the same group of people. And made worse is just that every game is one farming team of all gen4+ vs a team of gen1. I'd started taking screen shots of it because the game has absolutely zero autobalancing / team scrambling and I was finding it pretty funny.

Just last night I decided to stay in one lobby to see just how long I could hold out on the non gen, bad team. while always in the top 3 of my team, i lost 15 matches straight. The game switched out the team we were against only to replace it with another full gen5+ farm team to continue farming us, while we just dropped players every game and replenished slowly with other non gen players. I ended up going to bed having not won a single game while staying in that lobby.

That and the fact that carbines are so strong, and satchels are silly strong makes for the gameplay variety to be pretty stale.

But yeah. game is, and has declined rapidly and my willingness to put up with it has dwindled (that and the way the game handles latency compensation makes for absolutely infuriating moments where you're watching your foot go through someones face, not register and then having that person kick you from 5 feet off to the left of you). It's depressing.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i still play some times but not a lot at the the time maybe a match or two. i mean im not even gen+1 i think im lvl 48. so i dont play often and i dont play for a long period of time. but i still like it

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grelik: I mostly play Hardpoint and I refresh the people I'm playing with all the time. I've never had a problem getting into a game and there seems to be a ton of people playing it.

The balancing is totally busted though. I have been on a team of gen 5-8's and the other team were all like level 17 and 8 and stuff. those matches are always boring. Although to be fair, you only need to go around once to be as skilled/ have the same loadouts as any of the higher gen players. The regeneration stuff, like any "prestige" mode is more about how much time you're willing to put into a game.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Jackel2072

I played this every night for the first week or so. Bought the season pass almost immediately. Then I bought dark souls II... that sort of took over my life for the last month or so and I completely ignored titian fall. However now that I'm finished with souls for a little bit I have gone back to titian fall and I'm having fun with it again,we'll see how long it lasts but new maps and modes are around the corner.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still playing, still enjoying it. Gen2,Level40. This is the first competitive multiplayer game that got its hooks into me since Team Fortress.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Gen 5, and haven't played it for about three weeks. I guess I am just waiting for some new stuff to come out. I have the season pass, so I will go back to it when they release some new maps. It's an awesome game, and lots of fun, but I kind of over did it.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GiantLizardKing

I play it here and there. I played about 5 minutes last week. It's a fun game, but I think I'm getting a little burned out by that sort of shooter.

shuref00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still playing the game occasionally.

I totally agree with everyone else who says the matchmaking is completely busted, especially if you're playing one of the other modes besides Attrition. I really started getting into Last Titan Standing, even playing with random players, but it sucks when there's one squad of four level 30 players taking on a full squad of G7/G8's. Basically we're just cannon fodder at that point.

I do like that they recently added private matches, and my friends and I can goof around the various maps & modes. But that's only fun for so long.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought about getting it for 360 since I dont own a Xbone yet, however I decided to wait and let that be something left to look forward to. Hope people are still playing by the time i get around to picking one up. Holiday 2014!

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, I still play almost every night. I'm going to be stuck at Gen 8 for a while because one of the challenges is to get 100 wins. 100 seems a bit much considering I got to level 50 in less than 30 matches. The CTF mode is really fantastic. I normally hate CTF in Call of Duty and such, but in Titanfall it's definitely my favorite. Mostly play the variety mode though so I don't burn out on one particular thing.

Still holding off on the season pass until after I hear some impressions of the first pack though. Been burned one too many times pre-ordering content passes.

@village_guy: Use the shield and only fire a full charge shot when the enemy is about to die. It's a shitty thing to do, but kill stealing and auto titans are the only way to do that challenge without luck. Also, don't use the rapid fire version.

I actually found the rapid fire version to be much easier once I finally unlocked it. Seemed better to just dump in someone's direction rather than getting frustrated waiting for a full charge and just missing someone as they dashed sideways or something.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still playing the game occasionally.

I totally agree with everyone else who says the matchmaking is completely busted, especially if you're playing one of the other modes besides Attrition. I really started getting into Last Titan Standing, even playing with random players, but it sucks when there's one squad of four level 30 players taking on a full squad of G7/G8's. Basically we're just cannon fodder at that point.

I do like that they recently added private matches, and my friends and I can goof around the various maps & modes. But that's only fun for so long.

Pretty much why I stopped playing. Got to G3 and kept getting matched with G7/G8's premades. Frustrating to no end when your team doesn't listen to a thing you say about sticking together and they just run off and get blasted.

I want to play more but I may have just burned out quickly on it.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it, played it for 2 or 3 hours, had an absolute blast but ended up returning it because it took forever for matchmaking to find players. I don't care for Origin, but their 24 hour any reason refund policy is really great.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catsakimbo: I had no luck firing either version without the charge. It's so weak and the rapid fire mod only makes it weaker. I just found that I was taking an enemy down to its last chunk of health and then someone would swoop in and blow it up with rockets.