#1 Edited by Mustainium (97 posts) -

Great choice.

For those who don't know, they're responsible for some excellent HD ports, such as the Metal Gear Solid and God of War collections. Going by their track record, the 360 version should be totally fine.

Guess I don't have to go out and get a X1 anytime soon.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11303 posts) -

Well, while I don't want to disparage Bluepoint, I don't think that HD ports of previous generation games is comparable to down-scaling an Xbox One game to the 360. Just saying.

#3 Edited by Mustainium (97 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

Well, while I don't want to disparage Bluepoint, I don't think that HD ports of previous generation games is comparable to down-scaling an Xbox One game to the 360. Just saying.

You're right, but as fun as Titanfall looks, there doesn't really seem to be anything so graphically intensive about it that the 360 couldn't possibly handle.

That and the high possibility that this sell the most copies on the 360, so I don't think Microsoft would put out a shoddy version of the game.

#4 Posted by crithon (3338 posts) -

hmmmmmm, even 2k has too many developers working to help get those multiple platform releases out the door. Like Bioshock infinite's credits are monstrously long. Hope Bluepoint does a good job because L4D and portal 2 runs smooth on 360.

#5 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (443 posts) -

Those guys have done some damn fine work the past few years. I'm excited to see how they handle a more complicated port job.

#6 Posted by clarkj1981 (39 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

You're right, but as fun as Titanfall looks, there doesn't really seem to be anything so graphically intensive about it that the 360 couldn't possibly handle.

That and the high possibility that this well the most copies on the 360, I don't think Microsoft would put out a shoddy version of the game.

I think it's telling that they have not shown anythiing from the 360 version...

#7 Edited by TopSteer (671 posts) -

@mustainium said:

@mooseymcman said:

That and the high possibility that this well the most copies on the 360, I don't think Microsoft would put out a shoddy version of the game.

I think it's telling that they have not shown anythiing from the 360 version...

I don't think it is at all, obviously they want to show the versions that look the best.

#8 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2495 posts) -

@clarkj1981: How so? Showcasing the worst version of the game doesn't make any sense.

#9 Posted by JayEH (535 posts) -

The fact they're not having a "beta" for the 360 is fishy. Even BF4 had a beta on 360/PS3 and those versions weren't great...

Either that version is actually ok and MS doesn't want people to know so that people think they have to buy a XONE or the 360 version is complete trash.

#10 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I have no intention of getting an Xbox One. At least not for a few years. So maybe i'll grab the 360 version, i dunno. Ill wait for reviews / release to see if its worth playing.

#11 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2895 posts) -

Microsoft made a devils deal. Think about it, to get Respawn to agree to exclusivity to MS platforms MS had to allow for an XB360 version that would have the possibility of being widely sold into a vast install base of old hardware. But Microsoft is now in the position where THE ONLY game in the near term that can sell XBox One units is Titanfall....they don't fucking want Titanfall to be good on XB30...they want people to NEED/WANT/DESIRE to buy a Xbox One.

It is to Respawns advantage to have Titanfall sell well on 360 to reap more money, it is too Microsoft's disadvantage to have the 360 game be poor enough to push sales of Xbox One. A really good version of the game on 360 would be catastrophic for Microsoft.

So, do you think the 360 version has a chance in hell or not being intentionally degraded? I don't, if Microsoft has a say.

#12 Posted by spraynardtatum (3245 posts) -

the Xbox One version looks like a 360 game honestly. It's not very graphically intensive and that never was the appeal. I'm sure it'll be good on 360 too.

#17 Posted by StrainedEyes (1326 posts) -

I just want to know more about the network/multiplayer changes they will have to make for the 360 version, since the mythical cloud will not be a factor.