#1 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I believe it to be true! It might have been a slip-up in an interview you can view here. I'm quite happy with this, even though it could possibly be a timed exclusive for the PC/Xbone/X360.

What do you duders think?

#2 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (390 posts) -

I kind of figured that would happen. The word "exclusive" is mostly meaningless these days.

But I was also saying this about MGS4...

#3 Edited by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

Sounds like it probably is just a timed exclusive.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

It will come to PS4 after a year. Normal timed stuff.

#5 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1423 posts) -

i thought this was always gonna be the case since that game informer leak

#6 Posted by Stonyman65 (2712 posts) -

Hey guys remember when Resident Evil 4 was exclusive, and "only on GameCube"?

Yeah, that lasted about a year.

If Titanfall makes it big (assuming they aren't under contract) that game will be everywhere.

#7 Posted by PandaBear (1376 posts) -

They said it's because it's an experimental game and it's being programmed for new hardware. So I'd say it'll either come to PS4 in a year or the sequel will in two.

#8 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Hey guys remember when Resident Evil 4 was exclusive, and "only on GameCube"?

Yeah, that lasted about a year.

If Titanfall makes it big (assuming they aren't under contract) that game will be everywhere.

Respawn owns the IP not MS.

#9 Edited by THREExPENNYco (2 posts) -

EA doesn't seem like the type of company that would say no to money. Titanfall will end up on PS4, and probably sooner than we think.

Especially if the PS4 outsells the XBOX.

#10 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Definitely someday. Depending on how good PS4 sales will be (they'll be better than Xbox One globally definitely, but by what margin will be determined in North America), sooner rather than later.

EA holds the publishing rights to it. They'll release it on PS4 as soon as they're legally able. At the latest when Titanfall's first iteration hits the market.

If Titanfall is as successful in the market as it could be, EA will be aggressive about bringing it to every platform, and Sony will be as helpful as it can be to get it done.

#11 Posted by mrpandaman (866 posts) -

I kind of figured that would happen. The word "exclusive" is mostly meaningless these days.

But I was also saying this about MGS4...

Well "exclusive third party games" is mostly meaningless these days.

#12 Posted by Droop (1881 posts) -

It does seem wierd for an EA published game to be platform exclusive.

#13 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

If it's coming out on the PC that's where I'm going to get it. To me that's the case with most games, I think.

#14 Posted by Choffy (443 posts) -

This is a death blow for Microsoft's chance at me buying a Xbox One for a price more than $300, if true. I can wait on Halo, but Titanfall looks badass and was the only reason I hesitated at all in choosing between the PS4 over the XONE.

#15 Posted by oraknabo (1470 posts) -

But... what about that essential cloud processing???

#16 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

@droop said:

It does seem wierd for an EA published game to be platform exclusive.

Conspiracy Theory: EA is pushing hard for DRM on consoles, MS had the most DRM friendly approach... hence bunch of EA loves MS of late.

#17 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3749 posts) -
#18 Posted by Silver-Streak (1363 posts) -

@spaceinsomniac: Actually, the first Mass Effect was published by Microsoft because at that time Bioware was independent, and needed a publisher. They got bought by EA near Mass Effect's release date, but they had nothing to do with the decision to make it exclusive.

#19 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3749 posts) -

@eujin said:

@spaceinsomniac: Actually, the first Mass Effect was published by Microsoft because at that time Bioware was independent, and needed a publisher. They got bought by EA near Mass Effect's release date, but they had nothing to do with the decision to make it exclusive.

I don't think I said or even implied otherwise, did I?

Bioware always owned the IP, MS published the first game, EA published the second game as an Xbox exclusive, one year later it was released on the PS3, and now you can buy the entire trilogy for PS3.

#20 Posted by SomeJerk (3252 posts) -

Year long "exclusive", MS paid $40 mill.

#21 Posted by isomeri (1280 posts) -

@oraknabo said:

But... what about that essential cloud processing???

If the game is successful on the Xbox One and PC Respawn will be able to buy or rent their own servers and run the cloud services for the PS4 through that. Assuming of course that by the time Titanfall comes out on the PS4 Sony has not yet built a similar cloud infrastructure themselves.

And we will probably see a Titanfall game announced for the PS4 at E3 2014, either this game or a sequel. Microsoft will probably try to arrange a similar DLC exclusivity window with Titanfall as they have in place with Call of Duty right now, so that the fans who play the game competitively will stick with the Xbox One or Windows versions.