• 186 results
#1 Edited by JayEH (538 posts) -

Article

So it actually is a Xbox console exclusive it seems. Microsoft really went all out this one(and good on them I guess).Oh well. I'm sure Titanfall 2 will be on Playstation

Edit: Looks like Titanfall just recently became an Xbox exclusive, was originally only exclusive at launch, also not Respawn's decision. Per Vince Zampella Twitter

#2 Edited by MalkavTheClown (39 posts) -

Games Sell Systems-

Good for MSoft

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -

#shotsfired

It's a good thing I'm a PC gamer. Don't have to worry about crap like this too often.

#4 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

Good on MS for wising up and realizing how much attention that game is getting now. There's still the chance though that this will only be for this game and that Titanfall 2 may end up being multiplatform.

Sucks for PS4 owners who were still hoping though, I'm OK because PC

#5 Posted by Rafaelfc (1443 posts) -

Good on them I guess... Online only is a no-buy for me.

#6 Edited by JayEH (538 posts) -

@jakob187: yeah I'm seriously considering joining the master race (but not just for this game).

#7 Edited by leinad44 (533 posts) -

Well that sucks, because I haven't got a gaming PC.

#8 Posted by PenguinDust (12625 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

#shotsfired

It's a good thing I'm a PC gamer. Don't have to worry about crap like this too often.

This is what I was thinking, as well. Hell, if I could get Destiny on PC, there'd be little reason to get a new console in 2014.

#9 Posted by marc (571 posts) -

@rafaelfc said:

Good on them I guess... Online only is a no-buy for me.

This

#10 Posted by Zeik (2751 posts) -

I won't be surprised if it ends up on the PS4 eventually. After Mass Effect ended up on the PS3, despite everyone saying that could never happen, anything can happen.

#11 Edited by Humanity (10035 posts) -

There we go, Xbox has it's next CoD and the world keeps on spinning.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (15129 posts) -

I think this is pretty much a non-story IMO. Good for Microsoft I guess? I dunno, Destiny looks better than Titanfall does and it seems PS4 is going to be getting the better treatment with that game.

#13 Edited by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

Yuck that sucks a dick. The only game that feels next-gen and Sony fucked it all up, thinking people would be happy with Knack.

#14 Posted by JayEH (538 posts) -

@zeik: that didn't happen until like late last year though right? With the Trilogy Collection. ME originally came out in 2007

#16 Posted by mrfluke (5339 posts) -

"titanfall" is microsoft exlusive

i doubt titanfall 2 will be exclusive

#17 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1765 posts) -

Isn't that old news? I feel like they already said there won't be a PS4 version.

#18 Posted by Zeik (2751 posts) -

@jayeh said:

@zeik: that didn't happen until like late last year though right? With the Trilogy Collection. ME originally came out in 2007

True, but it still happened. Granted, that is a narrative driven game, so there was more incentive to push that through than Titanfall.

#19 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -
#20 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Are there aliens in the Titanfall universe?

#21 Edited by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@grissefar: Dude, it's COD with mechs. If there's a magical next-generation revelation in Titanfall, I don't see it.

#22 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@zeik: While that is a pretty good point, that probably matters less in a multiplayer game. Assuming that Titanfall is good and they make a sequel, it'll probably come out on Sony stuff (unless Microsoft throws them a bunch of money). For a multiplayer game, there is much less reason to go back and play earlier entries, which is obviously quite different than a story-heavy single player game (Mass Effect).

#23 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1501 posts) -

Bummer.

#24 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3776 posts) -

I'm good with this.

#25 Posted by JayEH (538 posts) -

Titanfall is trending on twitter btw.

#26 Edited by BigJeffrey (5169 posts) -

It looks sick.

#28 Posted by afabs515 (1317 posts) -

Good thing I built this PC. Maybe I'll be able to play it in 1080p.

#29 Posted by RoarImaDinosaur (191 posts) -

Lol. I truly feel terrible for those who thought it was a timed exclusive. Respawn were leaving crumbs of it around in interviews that it could come one day but i guess Microsoft has it all locked up now. Business is business.

#30 Posted by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@grissefar: Dude, it's COD with mechs. If there's a magical next-generation revelation in Titanfall, I don't see it.

I guess it's hard to see when you're too busy playing Hatsune Miku and Final Fantasy XIII-5. Anyway, I'm not a shooter guy but I love some COD, and I'm guessing you can't even tell the difference between COD and BF/MoH/Shooterman 4.

#31 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I guess it's hard to see when you're too busy playing Hatsune Miku and Final Fantasy XIII-5. Anyway, I'm not a shooter guy but I love some COD, and I'm guessing you can't even tell the difference between COD and BF/MoH/Shooterman 4.

Seriously? Boy you guys managed to devolve this conversation fast. Well done. GG.

#32 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3901 posts) -

It's a darn shame, but the first game in a series is rarely the best anyhow. It still looks like a lot of fun, though. I'll look forward to playing Titanfall 2.

#33 Posted by ILikePopCans (772 posts) -

I play games based on the exclusiveness

#34 Edited by BigJeffrey (5169 posts) -

Nobody cares that TitanASS is not coming to PS4. Keep 720p garbage off my console, thanks.

lol TitanASS

#35 Posted by marc (571 posts) -

@grissefar said:

@hailinel said:

Seriously? Boy you guys managed to devolve this conversation fast. Well done. GG.

Kids will be kids

#36 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3981 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw said:

Nobody cares that TitanASS is not coming to PS4. Keep 720p garbage off my console, thanks.

hahahahaha oh you

@mariachimacabre said:

@grissefar said:

@hailinel said:

All the people to play the game have been impressed and have not said it's just CoD with mechs though. So he has a good point. People will sure be overly negative, no surprise.

#37 Posted by Optix12 (625 posts) -

Thankfully the Nvidia 700 series took a nice big price cut recently so I am back in the game for the pc master race early next year. I am wondering if there is any actual xbox one footage out there to view? From a general google search all I saw was "e3 XB1 footage" and I doubt that's true as by eurogamer expo they were still using a PC to run the game.

M-dollarsign needed something positive for themselves at this point in time so good on them. Maybe this is what sessler was annoyed about?

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Oh, and before this inevitably devolves into console wars drivel, this is a bummer but I'm getting an Xbox One for Titanfall in March anyway so I'm not worried. And I doubt EA will keep the series exclusive going forward because why would they?

#40 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3981 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

Oh, and before this inevitably devolves into console wars drivel, this is a bummer but I'm getting an Xbox One for Titanfall in March anyway so I'm not worried. And I doubt EA will keep the series exclusive going forward because why would they?

Big sellers have before. Maybe Respawn would want to stay small and focused (they are apparently a pretty small developer right now) and Microsoft would obviously help them out.

Obviously Halo and Gears, and Uncharted or whatever else, could sell a lot more going multiplatform in recent history, and they did not.

I'd bet it goes multiplatform as a series but won't be shocked if it doesn't either.

#41 Edited by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

@hailinel said:

Yeah, same here. No interest at all in twitch-shoot-duelling with foul mouthed kids, no matter what platform. I guess I'm a little too old for these kind of games.

#43 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3901 posts) -

All the people to play the game have been impressed and have not said it's just CoD with guns though.

So there are no guns in Call of Duty?

Seriously, though, it really does look like COD with mechs, double-jumping, and wall running. And actually, that looks AWESOME!

#44 Posted by kishinfoulux (2505 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

"titanfall" is microsoft exlusive

i doubt titanfall 2 will be exclusive

This is the important part.

#45 Posted by Castiel (2730 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if Titanfall eventually end up on PS4. Maybe not the first game, but T2 or T3 might be a multiplat title. This is of course purely speculation, but I think the sales between PS and Xbox are going to be pretty even, with a advantage to PS, so that is a big part of the market you have to let go.

#46 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

Big sellers have before. Maybe Respawn would want to stay small and focused (they are apparently a pretty small developer right now) and Microsoft would obviously help them out.

Obviously Halo and Gears, and Uncharted or whatever else, could sell a lot more going multiplatform before this game.

I'd bet it goes multiplatform as a series but won't be shocked if it doesn't either.

But it's published by EA. It's a totally different situation than Gears, Halo or Uncharted.

#47 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3981 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:

All the people to play the game have been impressed and have not said it's just CoD with guns though.

So there are no guns in Call of Duty?

Seriously, though, it really does look like COD with mechs, double-jumping, and wall running. And actually, that looks AWESOME!

haha meant mechs... ugh apologizes.

#48 Posted by Pocky4Th3Win (139 posts) -

Titanfall isn't coming but I bet you Titanfall GOTY will be. :p

#49 Edited by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@grissefar: Yes,"I was being reductive, but I seriously don't see what's special about Titanfall. From what I've seen, it plays like an Infinity Ward shooter (no surprise there), but with mechs. If there's something special about, try informing me and point out where I'm wrong instead of mocking my personal tastes.

#50 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3981 posts) -

@artisanbreads said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Obviously Halo and Gears, and Uncharted or whatever else, could sell a lot more going multiplatform before this game.

But it's published by EA. It's a totally different situation than Gears, Halo or Uncharted.

Doesn't mean it can't work either way. Metal Gear Solid was not published by Sony when that was exclusive. Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft. I agree makes it less likely but who knows. If Microsoft has money to offer, and again maybe Respawn wants to stay small or something.

No one knows for sure.