• 111 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Because of constant PC hacking now-a-days I'm going to pick this up on the XBone. Sure, it'll be 720p and won't look as nice but it will still run at 60FPS. Most of my friends will be playing it on the Xbone and it won't have close to the amount of cheating as the PC version.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I might have to abstain, as three days ago I arrived home to find my furniture had been tossed all around, and there was a mysterious note on the kitchen table. Its read : "Suck it bitch - O"

When I searched the house, I realized in horror that my entire family were missing. The ceilings and walls had been covered in peanut butter and toothpaste, which is fucking impossible to get out.

After days of community organised searches and public appeals by the police, my family were found. They had been taken by Origin and subjected to mild inconveniences for minutes on end.

During their captivity, the only contact I had with them was an hourly "Hoo-ah!" on Battlelog.

I will never forgive Origin for what it has done. It is worse than Hitler and Pol Pot performing a minstrel show in full black face while torturing a llama with pointed sticks.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people who complain about Origin are probably the same morons who complained about Steam years ago too. Get over it already, Origin is a perfectly good service but if you're going to be a martyr out of spite and miss out on great games then I feel sorry for you.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ohh man... this ? again..

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ugh i guess im not playing a new shooter this generation. quake lives on tho

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

remember when Modern Warfare 2 announced no dedicated servers? Infinity Ward did things like that, and even that Bombcast where Ryan called them on bullshit on "Cloud servers" and they replied "it's downloading a player profile." I imagine they have this sense of arrogance in order to push a style of gameplay they want..... but yeah.... origin, huh.... I honestly have been waiting for Crysis 3 to leave EA Origins and be sold on steam.

I just don't know, the real controversy is that it's running on Valve Source and they will probably lock it up on EA Origin.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Missacre

@donpixel said:

@abendlaender said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@missacre said:

@chavtheworld said:

@missacre said:

Yeah, I'm not putting spyware on my PC, not even for Titanfall. There's a reason EA is the worst company in the world.

10/10 would troll again.

And yes, I think they confirmed Titanfall would be Origin only to start. Origin works fine and I am happy to use it.

Enjoy your spyware.

Calling EA the worst company in the world is a good sign you have absolutely no perspective. Just because the internet took a poll doesn't make it correct. As long as companies like Blackwater (sorry, "Academi") or, hell, even Monsanto, exist, you can't make the claim that EA is the worst company in the world. British Petroleum (as Anglo-Iranian Oil Company) helped fund the Iranian coup in the early 1950s and, obviously, ruined the ecosystem in the Gulf of Mexico. Not even mentioning the dozens of banks making shady bets with their customer's money, pushing the world economy into a recession we still haven't recovered from six years later. Anyone who claims EA is in any reality worse than some of those companies is utterly clueless and deserves ridicule. They're a goddamn video game publisher. No one is dying or losing their life's work on their watch.

Have you even SEEN the ending of Mass Effect 3? It was so bad, I think it's completely reasonable and understandable to call a video game publisher the worst company in the world. Forget Gazprom or BP they didn't release Dragon Age 2, did they? I thought so!

Aren't you like a full on grown man and stuff? shouldn't you be worry about more pressing matters?

No, not a man. Also, video games is my main hobby and I spend a lot of time and money on it, unlike others in this thread.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@techdemotrex: If you get the right person, I had to speak to 3 different people for over 2 hours to get an answer for a problem (they could not fix it) but gave me some BF4 battle packs instead as the 15% coupon they give you does not work on dlc, pre release (or games out for under a month) and some other dumb restrictions.

That actually sounds pretty cool. I'd much rather have those battle packs, honestly.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#110  Edited By zero_

Did Origin stop anyone from playing Mass Effect 3?

in b4 Mass Effect 3 stopped people from playing Mass Effect 3

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Missacre

@zero_ said:

Yes, actually. I would've bought it if I hadn't seen just how bad Origin was with BF3. It's a very good thing I didn't.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Slaegar

@zero_ said:

Origin didn't stop me from playing Mass Effect 3, but EA having a monopoly on the price of the property on the PC is keeping it from getting to a price I'm willing to pay for a poor PC port that bastardized the already inferior sequel to one of my favorite games early this generation.

Origin is fine, Battlelog is fine, but Battlelog+Origin is a nightmare. I have no beef with Origin as a service, like not even a little bit. Origin is totally fine.

Battlelog has some problems for me because I use a non-standard web browser. I use Aurora Firefox as my day to day browser with no issues; except Battlelog.

This is how things generally go for me and Battlefield 3.

>Open Origin

>Takes an odd amount of time to start working

>Have to log into Origin

>Starts working, launch battlefield 3

>Some doodads pop up; then opens Battlelog on my default browser; Aurora.

>Battlelog tells me I need to install an extension

>I follow the steps

>It fails

>Try again

>Still fails

>Open some boring white bread browser like Chrome

>Copy the Battlelog URL into Chrome

>Now I have to log into Battlelog

>Hit Start

>Origin pops back into the foreground

>Does the same doodads

>Alt tab into Battlefield 3

>Finally get to play.

If I have to do that for Titanfall I will pass entirely on that game. I paid $6 for the Humble EA bundle and I still feel unsatisfied by the Origin/Batlelog mess I suffer through to open a game.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@greggd: Yeah, they where only 3 Bronze but I got a few things worthwhile and now I have 15 25% XP boosts, the problem I was having was I sent Jeff and 2 other people friend requests but I can't cancel them (this was around the same time last year when NFS came out to get a good set of leaderboards) no matter how many times I block them or cancel the requests they keep coming back.

So the first guy I spoke to kept saying my log in details where incorrect (which was false) then said I had no friends or games on Origin (that's a lie I have 1 friend!) and hung up, the second guy tried to make me clear my cache and go into regedit and msconfig for some reason, I told him it never worked and he ignored me for about 20 mins then hung up and the last guy helped me out but said that they had never seen this before and the only way to fix it would be a whole restart of Origins servers (so everyone would be effected so of course they would not do it) He said the people I sent the reuqests to should not see them so that's fine by me.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@friendlyphoenix: What does it have to do with Steam DLC policies? Not trying to be sarcastic, I really want to know.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaegar said:

@zero_ said:

Origin didn't stop me from playing Mass Effect 3, but EA having a monopoly on the price of the property on the PC is keeping it from getting to a price I'm willing to pay for a poor PC port that bastardized the already inferior sequel to one of my favorite games early this generation.

Origin is fine, Battlelog is fine, but Battlelog+Origin is a nightmare. I have no beef with Origin as a service, like not even a little bit. Origin is totally fine.

Battlelog has some problems for me because I use a non-standard web browser. I use Aurora Firefox as my day to day browser with no issues; except Battlelog.

This is how things generally go for me and Battlefield 3.

>Open Origin

>Takes an odd amount of time to start working

>Have to log into Origin

>Starts working, launch battlefield 3

>Some doodads pop up; then opens Battlelog on my default browser; Aurora.

>Battlelog tells me I need to install an extension

>I follow the steps

>It fails

>Try again

>Still fails

>Open some boring white bread browser like Chrome

>Copy the Battlelog URL into Chrome

>Now I have to log into Battlelog

>Hit Start

>Origin pops back into the foreground

>Does the same doodads

>Alt tab into Battlefield 3

>Finally get to play.

If I have to do that for Titanfall I will pass entirely on that game. I paid $6 for the Humble EA bundle and I still feel unsatisfied by the Origin/Batlelog mess I suffer through to open a game.

I feel your pain a bit here, I was having similar problems in the beginning with Origin. One day it just stopped happening though, and now it all works perfectly. What browser are you using? I use chrome and it works great. I have no idea if I did something to fix it, or if it just fixed itself.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd: Yeah, they where only 3 Bronze but I got a few things worthwhile and now I have 15 25% XP boosts, the problem I was having was I sent Jeff and 2 other people friend requests but I can't cancel them (this was around the same time last year when NFS came out to get a good set of leaderboards) no matter how many times I block them or cancel the requests they keep coming back.

So the first guy I spoke to kept saying my log in details where incorrect (which was false) then said I had no friends or games on Origin (that's a lie I have 1 friend!) and hung up, the second guy tried to make me clear my cache and go into regedit and msconfig for some reason, I told him it never worked and he ignored me for about 20 mins then hung up and the last guy helped me out but said that they had never seen this before and the only way to fix it would be a whole restart of Origins servers (so everyone would be effected so of course they would not do it) He said the people I sent the reuqests to should not see them so that's fine by me.

Yeah, that is an odd sounding glitch. Still, at least you got some kind of resolution, even if it's not the ideal one.